**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thoughts on Juggernaut Rework

PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
edited July 2022 in General Discussion
Looks good on paper for sure now I am curious to see how it will be live. He will be better than before at the very least hopefully a good attacker or an annoying defender as well. What does everyone think about this one?

Comments

• Options
    TheTrueBeast10TheTrueBeast10 Posts: 117 ★★★

They missed a golden opportunity to a a synergy with Kitty called “Do You Know Who I Am?”

The rest of that quote would offend people nowadays
  • Options
    GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    I have hope for this one which is unlike the more recent ones
  • Options
    gage201205gage201205 Posts: 574 ★★★
    His Power idex update seems very low, anyone else?
  • Options
    gage201205gage201205 Posts: 574 ★★★

DrZola said:

Have to see in-game, but he cannot realistically be worse. As I envision it in my mind’s eye, I like it and feel like it should be true to the character.

One bone to pick with the updaters: why such a weak-kneed effort on updated synergies?

Dr. Zola

Yeah, this.

If they're going to only update one champion a month, I feel they could also look at updating the synergies - it just seems like a missed opportunity.
    The bone i have to pick is the non damaging debuff just shutting him down, were talking about parry, heal block, resonate masteries, nodes, champs, and even alot of war nodes, this will make him unusable throughout the game such a bad design.
  • Options
    PowerOfACandlePowerOfACandle Posts: 334 ★★★
    No thoughts.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    He looks like an intercept-heavy champion like Invisible Woman, though hopefully with a bit more usability. My only concern is that there doesn’t seem to be a way to encourage either aggressive AI or fast specials or a power lock/suppression mechanic so i hope it’s not a case of you build him up then you can’t take advantage of him.

Looks promising though, and I have an awakened 6* - he was duped before I even had 10 6* so I’m happy this is finally happening.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,761 ★★★★★
    I like what I'm seeing. We'll have to wait and see how he actually fares in the game to see how good he is, but on paper this is exactly what I want from a buff.

To those saying that he'll be too easily countered due to any non-damaging debuff shutting his Gem of Cyttorak off: I think that the reason for the wide application of that shut-down mechanic is that he would be constantly unstoppable otherwise, and eventually unblockable. In his current kit, he just gains a timed unstoppable. It's annoying if you don't have anyone who can apply slow, but you'll manage. However, in his new kit, he'll just keep stacking those unstoppable buffs throughout the fight. If there isn't a way for most champions to counter him to at least some extent, he'd be INCREDIBLY hard to fight. There are only about a dozen champions with slow in the game.

That said, maybe he doesn't need to lose his entire kit if he's stunned. It would have been enough if he couldn't go unstoppable.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian
    Looks like he is an easier defender now. Parry and his gem is gone. Also his dupe makes him die faster to Void since that weakness is a debuff not passive 🤣

I'm glad he will be usable offensively and he might have good damage potential with that sp2 fury, but I think this just puts him in the middle limbo part of the mystic class.
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Looks like he is an easier defender now. Parry and his gem is gone. Also his dupe makes him die faster to Void since that weakness is a debuff not passive 🤣

I'm glad he will be usable offensively and he might have good damage potential with that sp2 fury, but I think this just puts him in the middle limbo part of the mystic class.

Also, the AI likes to enter block a lot, so I don't think he's going to maintain very many stacks
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 430 ★★★
    edited July 2022
    That unblockable mechanism of his seems a bit unnecessary to me and just adds unnecessary difficulty having to play around it.