**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW Season 36

DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,981 ★★★★★
Thank you for killing the last bit of one of 2 game modes I enjoy. There's zero change in how much loyalty we can get per war but yet somehow you think someone's going to be able to drop a cool mil in loyalty for a 6* AG random gem. 500k for 1/2 of R4 mats which I can just get from daily deals and the paragon card at the end of the week.

Health pot costs are still too high and 9.5k pots are barely worth using because you need 3 on a r3 or r4 champ. We are now limited on power boosts, limited on AW boosts and limited on pots. But hey, don't worry, just run your lanes at 40% health all the time.

None of these changes to AW make any sense at all. Whats the point in having 1 attack tactic that effects barely any fights (i'm glad sick and tired is coming back though because it makes path 4 easier).

Why do you want people to hate AW? We already hate AQ. Why strip the last bit of fun from AW? If you don't want us to be completive in either game mode, just remove them.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,144 ★★★★★
    Agerd how much I’m like this new loyalty stores it make AW complete not worth it to do with the cost in hige tier
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,005 ★★★★

Thank you for killing the last bit of one of 2 game modes I enjoy. There's zero change in how much loyalty we can get per war but yet somehow you think someone's going to be able to drop a cool mil in loyalty for a 6* AG random gem. 500k for 1/2 of R4 mats which I can just get from daily deals and the paragon card at the end of the week.

Health pot costs are still too high and 9.5k pots are barely worth using because you need 3 on a r3 or r4 champ. We are now limited on power boosts, limited on AW boosts and limited on pots. But hey, don't worry, just run your lanes at 40% health all the time.

None of these changes to AW make any sense at all. Whats the point in having 1 attack tactic that effects barely any fights (i'm glad sick and tired is coming back though because it makes path 4 easier).

Why do you want people to hate AW? We already hate AQ. Why strip the last bit of fun from AW? If you don't want us to be completive in either game mode, just remove them.

Right but one thing
    Ofc there wasn't shown anything about it... but they said they want to make loyalty a common source now so... maybe they WILL give us a lot more?
    I hope...
    Demomzfyre u r the man
  • TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★

Are my eyes deceiving me or this post came really from you? I mean the changes are really bad but you saying this is bad is a new level of bad for kabam

I am a fan of AW. I like the game mode. But they are sucking all thats good about the mode from it. They're basically making it to where any and every mistake is going to cost you.
    Yup, because overall now playing a lower tier wars will be loyalty costless which will lead to better rewards overall, so simply no point in being competitive there unless you're paying units or skipping rewards
  • CrusaderjrCrusaderjr Posts: 1,059 ★★★★
    i used to be able to keep my loyalty above 1.5mil for the past year while still buying a decent amount of loyalty resources.

with kabams constant bugs issues and over priced items i am now at 300k.
    this just comes to show that even with all the "compensations"(the minimal amounts they wanted to give so it seems)
    the cost of resources, and the impact of these bugs really made a huge difference.

time and time again, failed attempts to try and make content "fun" and "balanced", just keeps pushing the game in the wrong direction.
    then with this recent update already seeing loads of visual bugs, cant wait to see the new ingame fight bugs... hope the compensations are ready :D
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 935 ★★★★★
    3 wars ago the game got stuck loading my next fight for 4 minutes then crashed. I lost half my health plus the invulnerability boost which dropped off. I cost me 3x 9,500 health pots and invulnerability boost, so 70k in loyalty. I opened a support ticket and got a none of my lost loyalty back. All of this is to say this store is ridiculously dumb.

If they are going to implement this, the 9.5k health pots need to be 14k health pots and tge amount of loyalty available in the game needs to be at least tripled. It’s going to turn into a non competitive 40% revive wars.

Clearly there’s loads of non AW players sitting on millions of loyalty from the compensation that was given out because those loyalty price points are absurd.
  • Badass84Badass84 Posts: 316 ★★★
    This update sucks and everybody knows it. It's like Kabam yelling at you "we want you to spend units".
    KT1 said it in his video - these changes make no sense at all.

And what has been forgotten: It also affects AQ. Many people buyed their tickets for Map7 or Map8 with loyalt, too. The difference between Map8 and Map6 aren't worth the effort and cost of Map8 and now you lose one of the ways to purchase tickets.

It would be so easy. Just change the rewards of each AW and the season rewards.
    Do the cut between gold an platinum. Because this is where the cut between most new Payragorns and Thronebreakers is. Give Platinum 4 at least one T6B and one A3 and about 3 Nexus 6*.
    EoP has better rewards in 7 weeks than what you get as a Master Alliance for a hole season of competitive AW and it is just farming some revives and do your about 10 to 15 fights depending of the size of your roaster.
    And give mir Loyalty and Gold as rewards. That's it. Just easy.
  • Welp this is definitely a strong reason to consider going to a retirement alliance and just stop caring I dropped from a plat alliance with the new healing costs two seasons ago because it was made obscene to keep up healing between fights now this essentially ruins aw I can go to a retirement alliance only revive and have loyalty for the store versus stressing to play well and healing and boosting for meh rewards and a super grind. Aq is worthless legit worthless the rewards do nothing if you aren’t an early progression player it’s super repetitive and super grindy so now imo kabam is just trying to kill off the game aq isn’t fun we’re making war not worthwhile or fun monthly eq is so so and main content takes so long to drop that I have nothing to do on two accounts for extended periods of time what’s the point of playing?
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 627 ★★★
    I don’t like new changes.

Regarding the new store:
    In alliance that have paragon and TB players, why rewards should be different for the same effort?
    You already give more than double rank up materials to paragon players for solo contest and deals which I can understand, but in alliance mode, the rewards should be the same.

Regarding the attack tactic:
    Defiance was the first and only attacker strategic I enjoyed. I wish it was available every season because there are not many champs that immune to buffs (and one of those champs is banned almost every war).

Regarding the defense tactic:
    I don’t think it smart to have different tactics in different maps, especially when some alliances jump between Challenger and Expert and need to adjust tactics and defenders.
    I also don’t understand how you placed top defenders like doom (and few others) under the tag of the new tactic in expert map. The tag/tactic should apply to mid-tier defenders, exactly as the attacker tactic apply to mid-tier attackers.

Regarding global ban:
    Just too bad that next season when HT will be whitelisted, it will be for during defense tactic that is bad for him (and a season later he’s back on the bench)
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,981 ★★★★★

LMAO aren't you the guy that sat here and argued with me day and night how if i can't afford power boosts i shouldn't play aw.... That being said... These changes are absolutely horrible man. Literally the complete opposite of every single thing we need. I honestly take pride in doing my lanes deathless. I run spreadsheets for my entire alliance. Im only the leader of a p3 alliance but it's competitive enough to be able to be proud of our accomplishments. These changes literally make my stomach churn. I hate it.

Wasn't me. That was Ebony Maw.
  • Thekiller8967Thekiller8967 Posts: 323 ★★

LMAO aren't you the guy that sat here and argued with me day and night how if i can't afford power boosts i shouldn't play aw.... That being said... These changes are absolutely horrible man. Literally the complete opposite of every single thing we need. I honestly take pride in doing my lanes deathless. I run spreadsheets for my entire alliance. Im only the leader of a p3 alliance but it's competitive enough to be able to be proud of our accomplishments. These changes literally make my stomach churn. I hate it.

Wasn't me. That was Ebony Maw.
    Oh alright sorry for confusing you two lol.
  • JmurphJmurph Posts: 118
    @Demonzfyre well said. War is the only competitive mode currently in the game and these changes kill it. Competitive war is what keeps me playing this game- without it, i might not want to continue.
  • UnyonfaceUnyonface Posts: 519 ★★★
    One change that really irks me is the class power boosts. I don’t know about other players, but I use them in other areas in the game. To limit them being bought once a week is not cool. If class boosts are going to be exclusive to AW per the AW store, then there should be class boosts for other areas of the game….
  • De_Potato_SaladDe_Potato_Salad Posts: 471 ★★★
    Unyonface said:

One change that really irks me is the class power boosts. I don’t know about other players, but I use them in other areas in the game. To limit them being bought once a week is not cool. If class boosts are going to be exclusive to AW per the AW store, then there should be class boosts for other areas of the game….

It was total RNG to which boost would show up in the store. So being able to at least get one of any class at minimum isn’t a BAD change
  • Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

Unyonface said:

It was total RNG to which boost would show up in the store. So being able to at least get one of any class at minimum isn’t a BAD change
    It is though because you could buy as many as you wanted to. With the current system, even with rng, not once have I ever not had enough for AW but I can guarantee with the new system if I use them at the exact same frequency I will run out.

1 per week, 3 wars... yeah great 👍
  • Theshark1Theshark1 Posts: 77

You’re finally starting to wake up to the kabam bs. It’s about time lol this is what they do all the time.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,144 ★★★★★

Unyonface said:

Dont u consider the rate you Can buy Them Got reducere very hard
  • MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    These are some pretty spectacularly poor changes.

I feel like this is an incomplete idea that has been released prematurely.

The good points:
    + Control over what you get for your AW rewards
    + Making loyalty a proper war currency akin to glory and AQ.

The bad points:
    - There simply isn’t enough loyalty in the game right now. Let’s say in a good T1 war you only need to use 2 items - 40k loyalty - awesome you win and you net about 40k loyalty profit. It turns out you’re in GT40, and you can maintain this god level of gameplay all 12 wars, only using 2 items a war and you go 12-0. You’ve just netted 480k glory across the season. That’s not enough to buy even one of those top prizes as a Paragon.
    - Loyalty is still the most commonly used resource for AQ tickets unless you’re a whale/heavy arena grinder who’s comfortably making more than 1m/week gold.
    - Making 200% class boosts an AW only resource is extremely limiting as many of us use them in general gameplay every now and then.
    - AW rewards are still massively outdated and putting inaccessible rewards in the loyalty store does not make anything better.

What needs to happen:
    + Season rewards should contain ~1m loyalty to be spent on the glory store.
    + AW season rewards need a significant buff, independent of the loyalty update.
    + AQ tickets need to either be reduced in price, removed completely or loyalty increased from alliance help so that you can enter without draining all your resources.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,358 ★★★★★
    Kabam will backflip.
  • De_Potato_SaladDe_Potato_Salad Posts: 471 ★★★
    edited August 2022
    Mattyy said:

Unyonface said:

It is though because you could buy as many as you wanted to. With the current system, even with rng, not once have I ever not had enough for AW but I can guarantee with the new system if I use them at the exact same frequency I will run out.

1 per week, 3 wars... yeah great 👍
    Gamer said:

Unyonface said:

Dont u consider the rate you Can buy Them Got reducere very hard
    Completely forgot you could buy as many as you wanted. Completely right this is actually a [doody] change. And they increased the price of the 200% boost.
    Post edited by Kabam Jax on