**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Announcing QS’s synergy nerf with SW immediately after selling prerelease bundles feels super shady

GarrettNGarrettN Posts: 1,092 ★★★★★
edited August 2022 in General Discussion
Maybe I’m alone in the sentiment, but letting something broken exist in the game while you’re selling it and then immediately reigning it back is not ok. You can’t tell me with this character getting announced months ago that no one even thought about it. This is the textbook definition of bait and s(carlet)witch
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,652 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    I mean, I get the general idea, but as Kabam Miike pointed out, they really can’t get every aspect of an update/new champ tested extensively before they put it out. Sure, they can test it some, but the testing done since the opening of the pre-release (which is a dumb name for the actual release, just pre-FTP available) is orders of magnitude more than they got to do.

Basically all the posts that I’ve seen complaining about the “nerf” have brought up the fact that her damage is very RNG dependent, so it’s pretty feasible for the full extent of her use to be underestimated by the game team. The pre-release bundles were only out for a short amount of time, and any sort of change to the champ must go through several levels of editing and adjustment, so frankly I’m amazed that they got back to us this early.

Is it a bummer that you didn’t get exactly what you thought you had a chance at getting? Sure. Are people possibly getting a better champ in QS than they originally thought since he apparently was bugged in the CCP? Quite possibly. This just highlights the downside of spending on a mobile game that doesn’t really grant real life rewards (besides dopamine or whatever other chemical responses you get).

Edit: also, did we really need another thread? Is this really significantly different of a subject to the countless other posts?
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 456 ★★★

I mean, I get the general idea, but as Kabam Miike pointed out, they really can’t get every aspect of an update/new champ tested extensively before they put it out. Sure, they can test it some, but the testing done since the opening of the pre-release (which is a dumb name for the actual release, just pre-FTP available) is orders of magnitude more than they got to do.

Basically all the posts that I’ve seen complaining about the “nerf” have brought up the fact that her damage is very RNG dependent, so it’s pretty feasible for the full extent of her use to be underestimated by the game team. The pre-release bundles were only out for a short amount of time, and any sort of change to the champ must go through several levels of editing and adjustment, so frankly I’m amazed that they got back to us this early.

Is it a bummer that you didn’t get exactly what you thought you had a chance at getting? Sure. Are people possibly getting a better champ in QS than they originally thought since he apparently was bugged in the CCP? Quite possibly. This just highlights the downside of spending on a mobile game that doesn’t really grant real life rewards (besides dopamine or whatever other chemical responses you get).

Edit: also, did we really need another thread? Is this really significantly different of a subject to the countless other posts?

I think that people are a bit confused when we say the damage is “RNG dependent”. While getting 8+ prowess is tricky and highly rng dependent getting 5-6 is not extremely unlikely in the same way at all. If there was ANY sort of testing session that actually sat down with the champion for more than 10 minutes they surely would have fired an sp2 with at least 4 prowess. If they hadn’t then, im sorry, they DID NOT test it nearly as much as theyre implying. Since we know that apparently 4 is too many prowess (given the nerf setting the cap at three) then they either did know and sold it anyways (Remember the CCP players had recordings of full runs of ROL before the bundles ever launched ready for the embargo to drop) or they never tested the synergy in any meaningful amount.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,421 ★★★★★
    GarrettN said:

Maybe I’m alone in the sentiment, but letting something broken exist in the game while you’re selling it and then immediately reigning it back is not ok. You can’t tell me with this character getting announced months ago that no one even thought about it. This is the textbook definition of bait and s(carlet)witch

Not a single person brought this up. Another overreaction from the community.
  • Options
    Lordabck said:

It was shady from the beginning. When there was no limit to Prowess, that time I was sure about it. US and Canadian citizens should visit consumer court. These champs are Kabam’s product, when they sell something they just simply can’t change things in the name of Meta. Wait for the Quick silver nerf now. Never purchase from them until and unless they confirm that, champs won’t be nerfed.

You should try reading the ToS you agreed to when creating your account. You have zero legal standing. In fact, you don't even own your own account. The ToS states they can make changes at any time to anything in the game. Good luck in court.
  • Options
    Lordabck said:

It was shady from the beginning. When there was no limit to Prowess, that time I was sure about it. US and Canadian citizens should visit consumer court. These champs are Kabam’s product, when they sell something they just simply can’t change things in the name of Meta. Wait for the Quick silver nerf now. Never purchase from them until and unless they confirm that, champs won’t be nerfed.

Good luck.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,592 ★★★★★
    edited August 2022
    GarrettN said:

To be fair, 99% of people buying that bundle did so for Quicksilver and not the synergy, yeah 1% probably got it for the synergy but I'd be willing to bet that same 1% have exploited bugs etc in the past 🤷‍♂️. In all honesty I think kabam took a half decent route with this one in still allowing it to some degree, I expected them to get rid of it altogether or reduce it from 100% to 10% or some bs like that lol
  • Options
    BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
    I have always been f2p in this game, yet, year and something ago, I wanted to start buying some stuff here and there. Not to get better, but mainly to support Kabam. But then, inputs dropped, this type of stuff kept happening, and I really won't support this game, not with current issues.
  • Options
    GeneralNappaGeneralNappa Posts: 102
    See, I agree with the sentiment. But it's been happening for a long time, if you keep biting at the Pre bundles, that's on you. They do need a bigger team to test by the looks though, because this is the last two champs that have required changes in one way or another. 5 in a year.
  • Options
    GeneralNappaGeneralNappa Posts: 102
    To be fair, reading the synergy alone, you knew it wasn't going to stay. SW already had huge sp2 damage potential, adding potentially unlimited prowess absolutely stinks of oversight.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,652 ★★★★★
    Mackey said:

Then that's just embarrassing on their part. If we can find that "issue" within a few hours of it being released how can they not find potential issues with a lot longer than a few hours of playing with it lol

Also, how do you know OP knew there was other threads on it? Can't expect everyone to be fully up to date with threads and/or search for one before creating one. Lives exist outside of here remember lol
    I kinda doubt that they spent hours testing out each champion that gets a synergy. Im sure they spent hours testing out QS, but synergies typically do not have this major of an impact (I’ll exclude all the horseman/more complicated synergies as those clearly are in a different category). Im also not saying it’s not embarrassing, just that it’s not completely crazy that they could’ve missed something so RNG-based as everyone claims.

Also, I just generally assume that since there were somewhere over 10 threads on this in the last two days that they could’ve easily looked through the general discussion to see it. Not trying to call anyone out but just trying to reinforce the idea of consolidation.
This discussion has been closed.