**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

No permanent ban in war?

Comments

• Options
    Sports3Sports3 Posts: 41
    Buttehrs said:

Sports3 said:

Hey everybody,

I've been discussing this with the team, and we've decided that we will be postponing the Season and this war will not count. We'll be getting a message out in-game with more details as soon as possible. More details to come as soon as we have them.

What is the point of introducing new things to the game untested and you constantly have to retract the new addition and we the players usually end up getting shafted? How about ya know test the new feature before introducing it to the game??? Seems pretty easy considering how many times you’ve recanted new features due to bugs

Some bugs only show up once they go live on the server.
    Well you’d think they would come up with a more efficient way, to my point considering how many times this happens. It’s just common sense, fix the issue before it becomes an issue. Have a way to test it prior to release
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,773 ★★★★★
    Sports3 said:

Buttehrs said:

Sports3 said:

Hey everybody,

I've been discussing this with the team, and we've decided that we will be postponing the Season and this war will not count. We'll be getting a message out in-game with more details as soon as possible. More details to come as soon as we have them.

What is the point of introducing new things to the game untested and you constantly have to retract the new addition and we the players usually end up getting shafted? How about ya know test the new feature before introducing it to the game??? Seems pretty easy considering how many times you’ve recanted new features due to bugs

Some bugs only show up once they go live on the server.
    Well you’d think they would come up with a more efficient way, to my point considering how many times this happens. It’s just common sense, fix the issue before it becomes an issue. Have a way to test it prior to release
    That's the issue though, they won't even see an issue with testing until it goes live.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Sports3 said:

Hey everybody,

Said the guy who prolly knows jack squat about software development.

• Options

Sports3 said:

Hey everybody,

*Cue the keyboard warriors for a critical opinion*
    And yes buttehrs, SOME bugs not all. I find it hard to believe each instance this happens they’ve not had a way to work around it prior to release
  • Options
    PabloPablo Posts: 20
    Esperemos que la información salga luego... Para poder no gastar recursos
  • Options

Sports3 said:

Hey everybody,

And while I’m at it, don’t try to tell me there is no way to test. They have content creator betas and have other betas for us the players to test thing out before release. Which is on the server so they can see faulty workings prior to release
  • Options
    AsgardluizAsgardluiz Posts: 2
    In addition to being completely unbalanced, I used buffs and potions a few hours ago.
  • Options
    rwanders1978rwanders1978 Posts: 104
    The new ban system should have been implemented and tested in off season. This would have allowed the players to get used to it and report any issues

Setting a big change like this live on day 1 of a new season was not a wise move
  • Options
    TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 674 ★★★
    Were we supposed to see who was blacklisted/banned in-game? If it only exists in the forums that would be very bad for most players (and everyone on my alliance). Also, this is the first I'm hearing about who was being blacklisted/banned in the War. Shouldn't we have known this ahead of time? I'm totally in the dark about all this info. I knew blacklists were coming, forgot about it, and should've been informed before defender placement. If anyone has more info on this for future wars, please tell me or direct me to the proper discussion(s). Thank you.
  • Options

The new ban system should have been implemented and tested in off season. This would have allowed the players to get used to it and report any issues

Setting a big change like this live on day 1 of a new season was not a wise move

Thank you! Kabams timing is absolutely horrible. They just rush into new things with no “smart” way to test it, like in the off season where something wouldn’t need be cancelled/postponed
  • Options
    Sports3 said:

Sports3 said:

Hey everybody,

And while I’m at it, don’t try to tell me there is no way to test. They have content creator betas and have other betas for us the players to test thing out before release. Which is on the server so they can see faulty workings prior to release
    Actually those are beta servers and not the main game server. But nice try.
  • Options
    They can push the changes to the main game server during an offseason and let it be tested thoroughly
  • Options

They can push the changes to the main game server during an offseason and let it be tested thoroughly

And there are still bugs that will only then show up once they hit the live server. You seem to not really understand how this works.
  • Options
    TheBlindSalmonTheBlindSalmon Posts: 73
    @TheExit27 there's separate tabs in the ban menu when setting up defence that should in theory show the blacklisted champs (and whitelisted ones starting next season), so at least officers would be able to see it before attack starts.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

Sports3 said:

Sports3 said:

Hey everybody,

And that matters how? A servers a server. There’s no magical threshold as to where things get tested where bugs will magically happen on one server and not the other
  • Options
    Sports3 said:

Buttehrs said:

Sports3 said:

Sports3 said:

Hey everybody,

And that matters how? A servers a server. There’s no magical threshold as to where things get tested where bugs will magically happen on one server and not the other
    Actually there is. By changing servers the game can pick up extra code or lose code or code get corrupted in the switch.
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

And there are still bugs that will only then show up once they hit the live server. You seem to not really understand how this works.
    So your telling me off season wars are not done on the live server?

If so what is your evidence of this?
  • Options
    TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 674 ★★★

@TheExit27 there's separate tabs in the ban menu when setting up defence that should in theory show the blacklisted champs (and whitelisted ones starting next season), so at least officers would be able to see it before attack starts.

Interesting. I never saw this tab. I will make sure to look for it better at the start of the next War. Thank you.
  • Options
    Comodus11Comodus11 Posts: 22
    Hopefully compensation for items spent boosting up for war...
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

The problem with off season testing is that many, in fact most war issues involve high tier war, which is something you cannot easily simulate. You need tactics and bans and high level attackers and defenders to uncover them, and sometimes they only show up in certain combinations of attacker and defender. This basically requires high tier alliances to play wars "for real" during the off season, which is time consuming and potentially expensive for very little return on investment. They'd also be potentially giving away competitive advantages by showing their hands while playing against the actual competition they will face during the live season. And if you attempt to reward the alliances for testing during the off season enough to matter, that would in effect make seasons continuous with no downtime.

It turns out a lot of alliances wouldn't want to do that consistently, but if you don't have buy in from enough of them it wouldn't work.

This is also why it is non-trivial to test war in its entirety on the CCP beta servers. There is no full complement of alliances there to fully test out actual wars in a competitive environment.
  • Options
    DrekaknDrekakn Posts: 54
    @kabamjax” what about the war rating? It’s good that this war doesn’t count but win or lose your war rating will be affected and that could make a difference for some in the remaining wars of the season.
  • Options
    RazeStrikeRazeStrike Posts: 61
    Like @Drekakn said above, a few seasons ago, we had the last war of season "not count" but it still impacted war points and ratings. What is the guarantee that doesn't happen here? We are not trying this war but would not like to start the season off with a confirmed loss and rating drop.
  • Options
    azunduazundu Posts: 79
    edited August 2022
    @Kabam Miike @kabamjax

Are you sure delaying the season buy one day is sufficient?

There are multiple crashes in AW one that has happened multiple times already is she hulk’s sp2 is crashing the game .
  • Options
    302n20302n20 Posts: 4
    Can we get the resources we spent already back?.