Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

OMG I can't believe it!

Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
After years of searching for the champ that has eluded me I finally cracked the Code of the Crystals and pulled this champion from the shiny prison he was held in.

ORIGIN STORY TIME

It was a rainy night back in 2020. The streets were vacant and store shelves empty. Everything was desolate. *crack a joke about it being like I am Legend* No now hush. Where was I? Oh yeah it was 2020 everyone was hiding away from a mysterious virus. Some people were saying it was fake, others were preparing for the zombie apocalypse. *that's perfect I AM LEGEND line go go go go* FINE! It was 2020 amd it was like a scene out of I am Legend, except instead of a dog I am stuck at home with 2 kids and a bald husband. Happy? *Wow had to call the husband out on being bald huh? Low blow Liss...low blow* sigh I can't win with you huh? I regret this now.

Anyways back to the story.

I was mindlessly tapping away in Alliance war. Last war of the season and rewards would be delivered shortly there after. *congrats on the the Rhino dupe* I am hoping to pull a good champ to use in act 6, but I have had a string of bad luck pulls. *hehehe you said string* What is your damage? *minimal. I take over 500 hits to kill that punching bag in Realm of Legends.* No I mean you laughed at string. *oooooohhhhhh that, well this is a kids game* I give up.

2020 last war of the season Yada Yada. We win amd have already secured a high G1. My 6* NF has collected a few kills this war and I'm happy for that. But it's bed time and rewards will be waiting for me when I wake up. sweet dreams don't let the bed bugs bite* I'm not going to bed NOW I am just retelling a story. fine sweet DAY dreams.* AQ is starting so I load up my normal 5* NF 6* CMM and my 4* DPX *bet you wish you had a higher version of DPX huh* Not really you suck Mr 500 hits. *wooooooooooooooooooooooow* just kidding. You know I love you. *heart emoji*

After I burn my energy I open the war rewards. Yup duped my 6* Rhino....... Are you *yes* psychic?.....ok dual crystal time. Mutant and Skill. Duped my OG BP.

FAST FORWARD

It has now been 2 years of trying to pull this champ. Countless dual crystals amd countless *heart breaks? You were gonna say heart breaks right? You have wanted me for so long, it didn't matter if I sucked you just wanted me for that healing synergy. Oddly enough I can't. But you loved me at my lowest so you definitely can have me at my ***best***. It's fine Miike, Jax, Zero, Porthos, Jon (God I love Jon's hair) didn't give me TRUE JUSTICE but hey I skip now! I bestow upon you

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

R4 me right away who cares you have cats to burn......I mean catalysts we don't need PETA up in here. Go forth and play with me Liss*

Well yeah thanks for ruining my story. But yeah there he is in all his glory. The one champ I have been searching for since I got a 6* NF and CMM and he was finally introduced to the 5* pool. I wanted him to complete the synergy so I could have an easier time in act 6 since 4*'s are banned. *yeah amd you're still stuck on Grand Master Miss 45%* Wow low blow DP low blow. Can I put you back in your crystal? *I won't fit. Your mines forever, we can be BBIMCOCF from now on* .....is that Best Buddies in Marvel Contest of Champions Forever?? *yes heart emoji*

While he isn't a game changer for my roster it feels really good getting a champ after years of trying for them.

Now to only use him for that synergy team maximum effort*

Comments

• Options
    HamoBlamo51HamoBlamo51 Posts: 284 ★★
    you know, i can give you my r1 L1 5* DPX just to give yours the dupe *cough* *cough* totally not tryna give him away or anything *cough*
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,780 ★★★★★
    I was in a similar situation. I unlocked the suicide masteries back when I was uncollected years ago (probably four or five), and I just couldn't pull him for the life of me. It was only about a month ago that I finally pulled him as a 5*.

The problem is that I don't have Nick Fury as a 6* either. That wasn't a problem for much of the time I spent hunting DPXF, but now I've largely phased out my 5*s. I could probably bring 5* DPXF along for the synergy, but would I drag two 5* champs with me just for some healing each fight? I might simply bring some champs who actively benefit from suicides instead.

I guess the hunt for 5* DPXF has ended, but the hunt for his (and Nick Fury's) 6* version has only just begun...
  • Options
    Zekedamam said:

Amazing story telling. I laughed and I cried.

Glad I could take you on a rollercoaster of emotions.
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    This is quite a story thanks for the interesting post
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    The many insights to Lisa’s losses over the years, it all makes sense now. 😆
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    Come take my 6* don't need him.
  • Options
    Avi146Avi146 Posts: 313 ★★

Avi146 said:

Sorry I didn’t read all that but one thing I noticed is someone pressed Disagree💀

People usually disagree just to disagree. Or rain on others happiness. It's all good. I'm still super excited for him.
    True
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Also you can use him for variant 8
  • Options

Also you can use him for variant 8

Oh yeah I forgot all about that!
  • Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 780 ★★★
    i do not read those things because they to long shorten them
  • Options
    GardoshGardosh Posts: 78
    Congrats! :)
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,818 ★★★★★
    Congrats!!🥳🎉🎉
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,022 ★★★★★
    Warlockjr said:

i do not read those things because they to long shorten them

🗿
  • Options

you know, i can give you my r1 L1 5* DPX just to give yours the dupe *cough* *cough* totally not tryna give him away or anything *cough*

I actually opened a few more duals searching for Ægon and got this.

• Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,238 ★★★★★
    It was a very happy day when I got 6* xforce.
    Been waiting for years and finally got him about 2 months ago.
    I don't have 5* either, and I can totally relate.

And the new winning animation is just UwU <3 XD
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,022 ★★★★★

And the new winning animation is just UwU <3 XD</p>

• Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,238 ★★★★★
    Terra said:

And the new winning animation is just UwU <3 XD</p>

Tell that to deadpool.

• Options
    MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    Congrats on the deadpool!

I've got a lot of respect for the creative writing effort that goes into posts like this one. You made it fun and very much in the deadpool style.

Good luck with act 6!
  • Options
    phil56201phil56201 Posts: 970 ★★★
    Loved your post! I got a good laugh from it, and you nailed DP's voice. Congratulations on your pull!