Options

Can Kabam pull this off?

SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 947 ★★★
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
For a long time i thought 2 champions could never be adapted to this game: Quicksilver and Mystique.

Kabam pulled Quicksilver off and he looked amazing, i wonder if they will find a way to adapt Mystique s shapeshifting powers one day..

Anyone got thoughts on how she could work?

Comments

• Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Would be similar to emma frosts diamond form i assume.
  • Options

That's a new Texture on the same model, but Mystique doesn't just change the colour of her body, but changes her entire body. So that's a new Model that has to be loaded in. Mobile devices have become a lot more capable over the years though, and I think it's only a matter of time until Mystique finally finds her way into the Contest.

And then I will 100% pretend she's always been here, hiding out as Different Champions.
    LOL looking forward to it!
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,078 ★★★★
    I would just love her to be like this guy:

Completely wild, no idea who she is copying before the fight starts until you throw a special or do a combo - she can start the fight as any single champion but for the whole fight only (for memory-saving reasons), keep her skin just a random champ moves/abilities etc like the adaptoids do.

She doesn't have to be an amazingly super strong fight just a fun one
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,818 ★★★★★

That's a new Texture on the same model, but Mystique doesn't just change the colour of her body, but changes her entire body. So that's a new Model that has to be loaded in. Mobile devices have become a lot more capable over the years though, and I think it's only a matter of time until Mystique finally finds her way into the Contest.

And then I will 100% pretend she's always been here, hiding out as Different Champions.
    You mean like certain other shapeshifters? Wink wink
  • Options
    Odachi said:

I would just love her to be like this guy:

Completely wild, no idea who she is copying before the fight starts until you throw a special or do a combo - she can start the fight as any single champion but for the whole fight only (for memory-saving reasons), keep her skin just a random champ moves/abilities etc like the adaptoids do.

She doesn't have to be an amazingly super strong fight just a fun one

lol Mokujin! Awesome Tekken 3 childhood memories!

I was thinking something similar.. she could transform into the opponent u re facing, but i think it would be super boring to always do mirror matches.. hence this post. I like your idea of being random, lets see if we get some more
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,070 ★★★★★

Could you tell my 6* natural sig 120 Darkhawk to hurry up and transform back into Mystique
    I see your Darkhawk and raise you…

Would happily trade with you, or at least go halvsies.
  • Options
    SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,862 ★★★★

Perhaps she's been The Chair all along.

You know, over the years I have always considered you one of my friends on these forums....but posting blasphemy against The Chair...that may have to change....
    🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,275 ★★★★★
    Solswerd said:

Perhaps she's been The Chair all along.

You know, over the years I have always considered you one of my friends on these forums....but posting blasphemy against The Chair...that may have to change....
    🤣🤣🤣🤣
    That's funny.
  • Options
    CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★

That's what you guys did with The Fantastic Four😂
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 773 ★★★
    and... she has no powers other than shapeshifting, so... she should be total garbage to the game.

I mean if tag duels were a thing, then there would be some real potential of tricking your opponent into hitting their teammate... but alas, she can only look like other champions, not copy their abilities.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    I think they could. Use something similar "Strikers" where she could disappear and reappear as someone else and have their abilities so you can control certain fights based on the person she changes into.

Or, only change form after an SP3 (where the screen changes anyway) and possibly make it different depending on something like the ending combo, or some type of build up you can control (like Miles Morales 3 counter timers, or Shang Chi's medium combos).

She doesn't have to change right on the spot. And she wouldn't have to suck if you can control who she changes into to take on their particular abilities. She would probably be limited to who she can change into though (just for ease of use without being sooo complicated).
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,009 ★★★★
    I won't offer opinions on how she could look, cause frankly, I'm just not that creative.

Seems like a part of her kit though could be that she never has class disadvantage, as her shape-shifting could always be to a class giving her the advantage.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,009 ★★★★

mgj0630 said:

I won't offer opinions on how she could look, cause frankly, I'm just not that creative.

Seems like a part of her kit though could be that she never has class disadvantage, as her shape-shifting could always be to a class giving her the advantage.

This is where it gets tricky because Mystique can't copy powers or change her physiology to be Kree or a Robot, etc. Her class changing doesn't really make sense either, since she is always a Mutant.

That said, I really want her to appear as a different Champion on the Quest Board. Tricky tricky...
    I agree regarding her inability to take on others powers and physiology, but she could still look like folks from other classes.

There are plenty of tech champs that are simple humans. Cap Wilson, without his suit, comes to mind.

Let her specials always remain the same, but her basic attacks take on those of some character in each class. For example when fighting a skill champ, she has her own unique basics as a Mutant. When fighting a tech, she gets Gamora"s basics. Fighting Cosmic she gets Thor Jane Foster, etc.

And because the defender doesn't know who they're fighting, that's why she gets the class advantage.

Just seems like a fun way to do something unique with a very desired character that is otherwise just another blue chick with a mastery in martial arts.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★

mgj0630 said:

This is where it gets tricky because Mystique can't copy powers or change her physiology to be Kree or a Robot, etc. Her class changing doesn't really make sense either, since she is always a Mutant.

That said, I really want her to appear as a different Champion on the Quest Board. Tricky tricky...
    Could maybe use the intimidate and infuriate debuffs to act accordingly on who she shapeshifts too. Doesn’t have to be champions but something like a police officer would intimidate the defender, and something else to infuriate them. Idk just throwing that idea out there
  • Options
    During TEAM EDIT, Mystique will always be hiding among your other champs (you won’t find her as herself).

When you have picked your team and begun the quest, she still does not present herself (if you happened to select her) until you begin a fight.

Then if (for example) she were masquerading as your Warlock, and you begin a fight using that Warlock, one the fight starts you will see that champ you are using is indeed Mystique instead.

Hard luck if it isn’t until further along in a quest before you happen to use that team champ for the first time in that quest. Will either have to just press on with actually using her, or back out and start the quest again re-picking your actual Warlock (as she will have moved into masquerading as a different champ for next Team Selection).
  • Options
    Marvelfan30Marvelfan30 Posts: 1,165 ★★★★
    Blue chick with the mastery of martial arts best description of mystique ever
  • Options
    Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 641 ★★★

mgj0630 said:

Maybe it is not necessary to stick with all the constraints of the comic characters.
    I like the idea of a (random) copy, maybe with several changes in the fight (after 30 seconds for example?). Maybe among a limited pool of champions (excluding robot as you mentionned)?
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,103 ★★★
    Mystique would definitely be one I would chase. One of my faves in the marvel universe.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,313 ★★★★★
    How much extra would it take to have at least 4 champs (plus Mystique as a partial) loaded and ready in one match for random switching? I can't say that this game is super taxing to hardware, it just runs poorly and is buggy. It was purring at 120 FPS with nearly full warp and transparency effects years ago on flagship phones of the time.
  • Options
    MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Mystique is disguised as a skrull and the skull is disguised as mysterio in which mysterio is disguised as deadpool
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,070 ★★★★★
    MaxGaming said:

Mystique is disguised as a skrull and the skull is disguised as mysterio in which mysterio is disguised as deadpool

The Inception *bwaaaaaaaang* noise played loudly in my head while reading this.