**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6* dual class crystal scam

Dago88Dago88 Posts: 26
edited September 2022 in General Discussion
Why is it that the 6* dual class crystal is 2500 more shards but the 4* and 5* are the same cost as the basic crystal? Sounds like a scam to me. 5* and 6* featured are both 15k shards so why change the cost of the dual class. Everyone I've talked to has said they refuse to buy them. Add this to the pay to play battlegrounds and it seems to be a sinking ship. Sad too because I've played and loved this game since it came out like a ton of other players.
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,325 ★★★★★
    It is a wrong price also. They are saying 5 star crystals were to be charged higher price
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

It's not a scam, it might be unfair yes but for once the word scam is surprisingly wrong here😂

Dont be surprised... People used to call GGC non trades scams...
  • Options
    MutantA___4444MutantA___4444 Posts: 186 ★★
    edited September 2022
    Dago88 said:

Why is it that the 6* dual class crystal is 2500 more shards but the 4* and 5* are the same cost as the basic crystal? Sounds like a scam to me. 5* and 6* featured are both 15k shards so why change the cost of the dual class. Everyone I've talked to has said they refuse to buy them. Add this to the pay to play battlegrounds and it seems to be a sinking ship. Sad too because I've played and loved this game since it came out like a ton of other players.

From what I understand is that it is not a scam. It is just Kabam focusing more on about a minute% of the player base as this literally narrows the classes down to 2 so its like you have a lot of cosmic iso due to your 5stars and 4stars but your cosmic 6star roster is not as strong as your other class types and you want a cosmic champ for any reason then instead of having a 1 in 6 chance of getting a cosmic you have a 1 in 2 chance. I personally am not a huge fan of having to spend 2.5k more shards for a 50% chance to get a class of your choice but there are many accounts with diverse rosters who may want a particular class for any reason like battlegrounds or because of catalysts or iso expiring or simply because the have shards to spare. It really depends on your roster and the way you want to play the game. About your point it is more expensive then 4 or 5 stars simply because 6stars hold more value and are currently the most important champions you will need. They might reduce the price if they add a new star level or anything.
  • Options
    _Savitar__Savitar_ Posts: 2
    Using Kabam Miike’s logic, dose this mean that his okay with increasing the prince on the 5* dual crystal? Try to at least make sense Miike.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    _Savitar_ said:

Using Kabam Miike’s logic, dose this mean that his okay with increasing the prince on the 5* dual crystal? Try to at least make sense Miike.

It's not Kabam Miike who sets the prices, it's the game economy team or some other clandestine group. I think the crystal itself is a good addition but it shouldn't have been more than say 11,000- 11,500 shards.
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 827 ★★★★

Dago88 said:

I don't know why it censored ship

You made a slight typo and it became a very different word that was flagged by the filters, I've corrected the spelling for you.
    How about an answer to the OP question in regards to why it’s an extra 2500 shards?
    That has already been answered in another thread people just don’t like the answer. 6*s are the most valuable champs in the game as of now and economics 101 tells us that the more valuable something is the higher the price
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    This isn't a scam... at least no more than any pop up offer in the game is. Its just another thing not to buy.

There are about 35 heroes per class (70 total) in a crystal... and if you are hunting say 4 champs, 2 Science, and 2 Tech... these don't even help you get a 4:70~ish chance... as you can't pick which 2 classes... If there is to be a sizeable premium... that is a bare mininumum before I'd consider.

Featured 6 stars give you a 1:24 chance of getting 1 champ, and if there are say 3 champs you want... that's a 1:8 chance. That's worth a premium.

even 4:70... wouldn't be worth more than 11K shards, and for this... I'd be getting 2:70, which isn't even worth that.
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    These are overpriced. IMO. You decided an r3 is a requirement to get thronebreaker. Therefore, YOU (Kabam) should be responsible to make acquiring champs of a SPECIFIC class, pretty easy.

I don’t think dual class crystals should be more than a basic. Because it’s a coin flip. If it was a basic nexus. Sure. 12.5 is ok. If it was a dual class nexus. It could be 15k. But a dual class crystal should be available anyway. Without an up-charge. Because of the requirement you created.

If we could trade our catalysts (1:1) this would make sense. Because we could pick the catalysts for the champs we have. And trade when things don’t work out.

If we could pick our champs more often than not, then that would work. Because we could pick the class to match the catalysts we have.

But best case scenario with this, it’s a coin toss.

Again, the point is, you created a need, to progress in your game. You then made a solution, that robs the player of progression they have earned.

To meet the requirements you’ve created. Here are some options I’ve thought of.

1. Make dual class crystals 10k shards.
    2. Make a single class crystal, that costs 12.5k (players would go absolutely nuts on these and grind hard for the shards.)
    3. Make catalyst trade in 1:1, unlimited, and extend to T5cc
    4. Make every 10th catalyst crystal become a selector automatically. So we can balance out our stash.

This last option is the only one I know you won’t do.

5. Remove R3 requirements for TB and R4 requirements for Paragon.

I literally sat with a tech t5cc for 6 months. And not one tech champ. Severely hampering my progression.

Y’all need to do SOMETHING to prevent that from being the case for other people.

Just my .02
  • Options

These are overpriced. IMO. You decided an r3 is a requirement to get thronebreaker. Therefore, YOU (Kabam) should be responsible to make acquiring champs of a SPECIFIC class, pretty easy.

I don’t think dual class crystals should be more than a basic. Because it’s a coin flip. If it was a basic nexus. Sure. 12.5 is ok. If it was a dual class nexus. It could be 15k. But a dual class crystal should be available anyway. Without an up-charge. Because of the requirement you created.

If we could trade our catalysts (1:1) this would make sense. Because we could pick the catalysts for the champs we have. And trade when things don’t work out.

If we could pick our champs more often than not, then that would work. Because we could pick the class to match the catalysts we have.

But best case scenario with this, it’s a coin toss.

Again, the point is, you created a need, to progress in your game. You then made a solution, that robs the player of progression they have earned.

To meet the requirements you’ve created. Here are some options I’ve thought of.

1. Make dual class crystals 10k shards.
    2. Make a single class crystal, that costs 12.5k (players would go absolutely nuts on these and grind hard for the shards.)
    4. Make every 10th catalyst crystal become a selector automatically. So we can balance out our stash.

I literally sat with a tech t5cc for 6 months. And not one tech champ. Severely hampering my progression.

Y’all need to do SOMETHING to prevent that from being the case for other people.

Just my .02

Love how people on the forums don’t even try to argue a point. They just disagree spam. 😂 this isn’t Reddit. Your down thumbs don’t matter here. 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Badass84 said:

It's not a scam, its just nonsense.
    There are 232 champs mean

Coppin said:

Dago88 said:

Why is it that the 6* dual class crystal is 2500 more shards but the 4* and 5* are the same cost as the basic crystal? Sounds like a scam to me. 5* and 6* featured are both 15k shards so why change the cost of the dual class. Everyone I've talked to has said they refuse to buy them. Add this to the pay to play battlegrounds and it seems to be a sinking ****. Sad too because I've played and loved this game since it came out like a ton of other players.

When 4* dual was released there were 5*..
    When 5* dual was released there were 6*..
    6* dual is released there is not 7*...
    So i kinda guess it makes a bit of sense...
    I still find dual crystals to be kinda terrible..
    U minimize the total pool but at the same time u black out good champs from other classes...
    How many champs have been released when Dual-crystals came out? A lot less than the 232 champs we have now.
    And 4* Dual Crystals came at the same time when 5* Dual Crystals came out, if I remember correctly.
    The intention then was that with a growing pool of champs Kabam wanted to give players the opportunity to get the missing champs of their roaster.
    So now we have an even bigger pool of champs and introducing Dual 6* Crystals is great, but for that amount of extra shards it shouldn't be a Dual but a Class-Crystal. Same is for 5* and 4*.

And it would be easy to let it depend on your progression title.

Paragorn: 10k 6* Shards for any 6* Crystal (normal and Class-Crystal) of the basic pool.
    Thronebreaker: 10k 6* Shards for a Dual Crystal 6* and 12.5k Shards for a 6* Class-Crystal.
    Cavalier: 12.5k 6* Shards for the Dual 6* Crystal.
    Below Cavalier no Dual 6* or Class-Crystal.

And same way for 5* Shards.

If programming for this is difficult, just make a permanent store depending on your progression level (but without paywall).

As a Paragorn you can trade in 10k 6* Shards for a 6* Class-Crystal (you can make a timer for this, like one a day or so) and so on.
    And it's about time to give Paragorn the opportunity to get that last few 5* they still miss.
    So there could be a trade in for 5*-Shards - 10k for a 5* Nexus or 12.5k for a Class-Nexus. Wouldn't hurt Kabam, but great for players.
    Thank you for this post brings up some good points and I do hope Kabam takes a look at it and really put some consideration in!
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

Just my .02

Edit: not a great way to format this, but here goes.

Apparently I take things poit-by-point now, so here are my 2 cents to add to your two cents, and hopefully the resulting discussion will be worth at least 4 cents.

"You decided an r3 is a requirement to get thronebreaker. Therefore, YOU (Kabam) should be responsible to make acquiring champs of a SPECIFIC class, pretty easy. "
    - Why though? Why should attaining this progression level be "pretty easy"? Was Act 6 and the Grandmaster fight "pretty easy"? Do you value hard work in-game and thing that easier things deserve a similar amount of rewards?

"I don’t think dual class crystals should be more than a basic. Because it’s a coin flip. If it was a basic nexus. Sure. 12.5 is ok. If it was a dual class nexus. It could be 15k. But a dual class crystal should be available anyway. Without an up-charge. Because of the requirement you created."
    - When TB was introduced, this might have been a better argument, but it still misses the whole point of introducing the roster requirements. With a champion aquisition-based game, the necessity to have a champion in any given class that you could take to R3 can be luck-based, but is predominantly something that you should achieve long before you beat the GM. Like it or not, this was introduced to bar out lower level players who pushed through content but not collected as wide of an array of champs. Even when it was introduced, the biggest outcry was that people didn't have champs that they *wanted* to take to rank 3 in certain classes, which is in reality a preference problem and not a possibility problem.
    The thing about introducing this complaint now is that there are a TON of ways to get selectable T5CC so this shouldn't even be an issue. It might take a smidge longer to do, but is totally possible to wait until you get an entirely selected T5CC of a specific class even not including the random shards you'll pick up along the way.

"If we could trade our catalysts (1:1) this would make sense. Because we could pick the catalysts for the champs we have. And trade when things don’t work out."
    - The whole point of the class catalyst system was to make a more rare item necessary for champion rankups. The rarity aspect of it would significantly decrease if you gave a 1:1 trade always (it actually has occasionally been given for lower level catalysts like T4CC). Why should there be a class aspect to catalysts if they could be traded 1:1? The point is that you can either get really lucky, or it incentivizes having you rank up a champ that may not be your top pick, or you can complete content that allows you to select class-based rewards.

"But best case scenario with this, it’s a coin toss. "
    - You literally hit the nail on the head here. Thats how an RNG system works. I hate to break it to you, but if you don't like coin tosses, MCOC might not be the best game for you.

"Again, the point is, you created a need, to progress in your game. You then made a solution, that robs the player of progression they have earned. "
    - If this was the solution to the "need" of an R3 champion, then it would have been introduced soon after the announcement of TB. As they have dropped it far later, it seems as though this is not their target. Regardless, it is not the only fix to that problem, nor is that necessarily a need in the first place.

"1. Make dual class crystals 10k shards.

Y’all need to do SOMETHING to prevent that from being the case for other people."

- I'm really not trying to make light of your situation, but genuinely am interested. Did you get incredibly lucky and open the Tech T5CC from a full T5CC crystal, or just happened to pull a ton of the same class of shards? Did you have several other classes that you were not able to form full catalysts from but were super close for 6 months? Were catalysts selectors available during this 6 month period, like those in Act 7?
    - It is totally possible to get totally screwed by a requirement like this, but as RNG goes, it would have to be a ridiculous amount of bad luck to fall into the small percentage of summoners that actually encountered this unfairly. I specify unfairly because this requirement was added to make the progression title more difficult, and for the vast majority of summoners it seems to have the intended effect of being difficult but not impossible to achieve. While not as dependent on grindable content, this required players to compile enough 6* champs that the odds that they would not have one in the appropriate class by the time they actually formed a T5CC to be minimal, but that is what can happen in an RNG based game.

Sorry for the potentially rambling thoughts, but hopefully some of that explained a relevant and different opinion to your own.
    More good thoughts to consider and reflect on.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Everything was sitting at 50% of a t5cc in most classes. Then I had my first few big blocks of t5cc all go tech. without a single 6* tech on my roster. Even though I had something like 60 6*. This is what inspired most of my comments. Even the comments about class crystals and shards.

I do think it should be pretty easy to target a class. not a champ. But a class. Since we can’t pick catalysts. And there has to be some give and take. Because like you said. It’s rng. So what they are asking from us is to deal with the fact that the 16% RNG to get any single class, has to line up with the other 16% RNG to get any catalyst. Or pay a 25% premium to juice the odds. Which I’ll admit is still better than the 2 for 1 trade ins on t4cc.

But maybe you caused me to stumble onto the real solve here. Just hand out more selectors. So we have more of an opportunity to even out our stash. They do seem to be doing this some.

Just because some things are rng doesn’t mean it ALL has to be.
  • Options

Dago88 said:

You made a slight typo and it became a very different word that was flagged by the filters, I've corrected the spelling for you.
    How about an answer to the OP question in regards to why it’s an extra 2500 shards?
    OP's original question, and subsequent replies still asking why, could have been seen on page 1 of one of the other big threads related to this. Where Miike had already posted into.
  • Options

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    edited September 2022

You've lost all credibility by beginning with this statement. Everything after this means nothing if this is your viewpoint. That's like saying because a champion has 5 ranks than rank 5 resources should be easy to get. And I am sure that's why you're getting disagree spammed. Absolutely terrible take.
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Dago88 said:

Maybe he s not the "answers kabam guy", but the "autocorrect kabam guy", chill.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★

Everything was sitting at 50% of a t5cc in most classes. Then I had my first few big blocks of t5cc all go tech. without a single 6* tech on my roster. Even though I had something like 60 6*. This is what inspired most of my comments. Even the comments about class crystals and shards.

I do think it should be pretty easy to target a class. not a champ. But a class. Since we can’t pick catalysts. And there has to be some give and take. Because like you said. It’s rng. So what they are asking from us is to deal with the fact that the 16% RNG to get any single class, has to line up with the other 16% RNG to get any catalyst. Or pay a 25% premium to juice the odds. Which I’ll admit is still better than the 2 for 1 trade ins on t4cc.

But maybe you caused me to stumble onto the real solve here. Just hand out more selectors. So we have more of an opportunity to even out our stash. They do seem to be doing this some.

Just because some things are rng doesn’t mean it ALL has to be.

There are T5 catalyst selectors everywhere in this game. They are extremely common now.