**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I say no to the battlegrounds

2»

Comments

• Options
    Farrukh_tvFarrukh_tv Posts: 208 ★★
    What I would like to see is a better rewards system not tied to rank milestones, it's too much grind and on top of that, you have to pay for it. no matter what I don't see myself doing hundreds of matches in BG. I want to jump in and do few fights here and there and get okayish rewards for it.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,756 ★★★★★
    Yeah, it's in a weird state. If people need to pay (either money or grinded units) in order to compete at all, then the game mode will most likely be dead on arrival. I have no interest in that at all.

In addition to all of this, I'm not sure if something is bugged or if I'm missing something, but I can't even rank up properly in the victory track. I reach Bronze II, then win a match, which makes me...reach Bronze II again. Then I lose a fight and I'm down to Bronze III again.
  • Options
    KiptonadeKiptonade Posts: 223 ★★★
    Hopefully it’s just a mistake and the solo/alliance events should read energy or elder marks. Will be interesting to see the Kabam response on this one as BG is what has been keeping many veteran players around for so long and if it stays the way it is I can’t see anything on the horizon that will keep players interested. I’m happy to spend on the game when there is decent offers but won’t be buying anything related to BGs.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,007 ★★★★★
    Same tbh. Geared way too much towards P2W and P2P.

I'll pop in every now and then for boredom, but serious play? Miss me with that.
  • Options
    TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    I'll play friendly against my friends for fun, but as for rewards or grinding, I'd rather spend this time grinding arena for cyber offers since at least this is a guaranteed value rather than spending them on elders marks and losing half of the matches, or not being able to compete with people with unlimited budget and time
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

All they had to do was screw Battlegrounds completely and monetize it as well. Now i am really afraid about relics.

This...

Did not consider it in the backlash of yesterdays release. This point right here is definitely the most concerning
  • Options
    AinyAiny Posts: 249 ★★★
    I was kind of excited to see the 6* shards in the solo event but when I realized that I need to spend who knows how many units and energy to even get halfway through the milestones, I noped out real fast. I'd rather focus my attention/units/energy on Act 7, and the upcoming 8.1
  • Options
    J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    I get that it cost money to design and maintain a game but this is just greedy at this point and they're not even ashamed. Anything they design or introduce they try hard to milk the maximum they can from the community. A community that has supported and stuck behind the game for this many years, feels like ALL the see is a cow ready to be milked. There are decent number of spenders playing this game but Kabam can't find a proper balance for monetizing the game...smh :(
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    Is anyone having issues with CGR ? Every single time I use him he does NOT gain his vigilance or power gain after a five hit combo like normal ... it works the first time during the match and then not any other time throughout the match.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    N7Donkey said:

K00shMaan said:

N7Donkey said:

Played it for the first time today. I'm TB f2p and nearly got my first R4 6*, so roster is alright but I timed out on most fights which doesn't seem right. Then again I've avoided this mode since the first beta so maybe this is common? I only looked at it because of the solo objectives and then realised you need the tokens to get anywhere, so yeah I won't be playing it again I don't think. Like the idea but not sure the matchmaking works well in the current format..

Timing out was something that happened in the past with the larger health pool Betas. Adding in a node that has indestructible seems like it would only make it more common. To me, that isn't a flaw in the game mode, it's just something you have to overcome. You can still win matches without KOing the opponent.

As for Matchmaking, this has been a common annoyance in the Betas as well. If you give it a little bit of time, the elite players will move out of the earlier brackets and you will more likely get fair matchups. Unfortunately it takes quite a while to settle, not just hours.
    Appreciate the info :)

I saw a video the other day about exploiting the system, so top players will use energy to tank their rank and then the marks or whatever they are to work on the solo objectives etc with much easier fights...this kinda sucks if it's accurate so I will probably keep avoiding for now.
    Yes players can tank via energy to get easier matchups but that doesn't really start coming into play until they've reached the Gladiator's Circuit. You don't have to worry about this all that much while on the Victory Track
  • Options
    edited September 2022

Is anyone having issues with CGR ? Every single time I use him he does NOT gain his vigilance or power gain after a five hit combo like normal ... it works the first time during the match and then not any other time throughout the match.

Do you have any idea how CGR actually works lol. You can only activate each Judgement once until you reset them. Also, you shouldn't be using him in this game mode at all this week as all champs are Armour Break Immune. You should probably have better options
  • Options
    OzzieontOzzieont Posts: 237
    I don't play BG even if kabam gives me free units or crystals is just boring and too long
  • Options
    KAYDA said:

I liked the Beta (I had 500+ matches) where one got token rewards for participating (500 tokens for 5 entries x 3(?) per week) and one got 5000 tokens divided into 5 payments for every 5 wins. Fair enough, and if you lowered your ranking by losing, you would get easier fights)

All Kabam really needs 2 do is 2 introduce these old rewards in the new system. Then F2P players can spend energy, and P2W players with 30 R3/4s can fight among themselves in the "pay2win circle" 😇

it was 500 Tokens for 10 matches played every 2 days. now it's 650 for winning 5 matches every 2 days. Those are about a wash imo. However they also the much longer objective for winning up to 30 matches a week so there were more rewards available. for ftp, those rewards are similar to the now Victory Tracks rewards however these are much harder to obtain.
  • Options
    Kabam whiffed by not having a Placement Phase or something similar for a starting ranking. Having people who will undoubtedly end up Diamond, Vibranium, or on the Gladiator's Circuit slumming through Bronze and Silver just kinda ruins the experience for those who aren't quite at the level.
  • Options
    StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    The friendly matches game mode is interesting and fun to train against another player

The rest… well the concept is good, but that monetized version is ridiculous !
    Having to buy EM to be able to gain points in solo & alliance events
    Having to pay to get 3 different decks ready 😳

While i was very interested playing those Battleground, i just don’t see the value of wasting my time and energy for 0 rewards !