**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Too quick to judge battlegrounds

I feel like I listened to too many you tubers before making my own decisions on battlegrounds. I came on the forums & slated battlegrounds but I have definitely changed my opinion. I mean I have earned some nice rewards with 0 spend now and I’m really enjoying it to the point where I wish I had more energy to play it. The crazy rewards I will never earn but so what let the big spenders take those rewards as it doesn’t effect me anyway. I know this post will get slated but I am genuinely enjoying battlegrounds now so I feel I should post that I have changed my initial opinion.

Comments

• Options
    FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I agree. There are obvious bits that need to be addressed but the core game mode is great. I will have earned myself over 30k 6* shards in 1 week without any spend. I think that’s awesome.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    I'm in a similar boat. Playing casually, basically just to get that 5 win objective every time it pops up.

My only real frustration is when the back end screws up and you lose a match without ever even competing in it, cause then the entry cost is wasted.

I can handle losing just fine, don't care about the high-end rewards (I mean, I care, but not enough to chase them), and could care less about the "unsportsmanlike" 1* & 2* tactics.

I just wish the fundamentals of the mode were a bit more stable.
  • Options
    ThiartcThiartc Posts: 265 ★★
    If they put elder marks on a 10 minute timer, thus 10 “free” fights per day and that way i can work my way toward something and i would never miss a chance to get stuck in, cause you dont “waste” energy you can work toward a goal even if you lose
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    My take is that BG needs to evolve but not start over. I am fine with it in general, and I expect Kabam to continue tweaking it. I am having fun. In Gold 1 now, and the only item I have used is the one free victory protection coin thingie they gave us, which did nothing for me because I won the match lol. I am saving my Elder Marks until I have enough to go for some of the event rewards.

I am fine with the rewards. I was also fine with how it was before this release, but I do not play this game mode because of the rewards.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★
    I think everyone agrees, battlegrounds themselves is amazingly good fun and the devs have done a great job building the modes. The implementation of rewards around it and the aim of the mode is massively skewed to paying elements. Yes you get some nice stuff from the BG store with a few wins. But the meat and potatoes of the rewards are all based on spending and the winning aspect takes a back seat. But the game itself is great fun. Just bugged and I think Kabam really messed up with implementation of it.
  • Options
    MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 548 ★★★
    edited September 2022
    Just picked up 30K 6* shards from BG store in the course of 8days climbing the victory track using energy & im having fun losing & winning.
  • Options
    Marostrange2005Marostrange2005 Posts: 422 ★★★
    edited September 2022
    Thiartc said:

If they put elder marks on a 10 minute timer, thus 10 “free” fights per day and that way i can work my way toward something and i would never miss a chance to get stuck in, cause you dont “waste” energy you can work toward a goal even if you lose

eventhough this is very funny cause 10 games a day is a lot....ur math is even wrong...literally if u dont even sleep u will be 6 elder marks short of 10 games lol
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    The match making was definitely better, and given close to no rewards, there are no reason to play it. If they'd replace arenas with bgs, I'd be fine. But as it is atm, there is no real reason resource management - wise to play the mode
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★
    Aleor said:

The match making was definitely better, and given close to no rewards, there are no reason to play it. If they'd replace arenas with bgs, I'd be fine. But as it is atm, there is no real reason resource management - wise to play the mode

How about for fun, you know the reason most people play games in general?

They should make another server for people where you can open crystals and rank up champions, no gameplay because a lot don't seem to actually like that 🤣🤣
  • Options
    ThiartcThiartc Posts: 265 ★★

Thiartc said:

eventhough this is very funny cause 10 games a day is a lot....ur math is even wrong...literally if u dont even sleep u will be 6 elder marks short of 10 games lol

Thiartc said:

10 mins = 6 per hour, 2.5 hours = 15, 24 hours = 14.4, yes 6 short, so almost 10 per day, still beter than zero. And if you go to bed at zero, and sleep 8 hours you will have 3 matches when you get up, like energy you will lose some, or win some depending on the cap. If it is less that 75 you will lose out else not
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    If

Aleor said:

How about for fun, you know the reason most people play games in general?

They should make another server for people where you can open crystals and rank up champions, no gameplay because a lot don't seem to actually like that 🤣🤣
    There s no fun in losing constantly, because of broken inputs. Kabam should focus on entertain his clients some day, instead of seeing them as walking wallets.
  • Options
    SuperChronaSuperChrona Posts: 296
    Never going to like the victory track system in it's current design. Very frustrating that you got medals taken away from you. And there should be a reward for loosing a game as it is time consuming. It is different that every other game mode as you can't predict how much effort it would take to get to the next rank in the victory track.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    100%.. i got into a rhythm and it's been super fun . Currently in diamond 1 in victory track. I have already opened 3 6* crystals in the past 5 days and got 20 6* sig stones. And only cost me 400 units
  • Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    I like the mode, I hate the energy cost.

Between spending my time gathering items for EoP, and new story content dropping very soon it just doesn't seem worth the cost for the rewards personally.

That will change once I clear 8.1 and eventually EoP comes to an end – hopefully the rewards have a tweak too by then.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Never going to like the victory track system in it's current design. Very frustrating that you got medals taken away from you. And there should be a reward for loosing a game as it is time consuming. It is different that every other game mode as you can't predict how much effort it would take to get to the next rank in the victory track.

A possibility to make things a little easier could be to double all the medals needed for each promotion, and make winning give you 2 medals, while losing takes 1. That way it’s less punishing and winning gives more than losing takes.
  • Options
    Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    In terms of rewards, i can't really judge...
  • Options
    Nah, I feel like I wasn’t too quick. While it had the possibility to be fun, the grind and total p2p aspect of it really just ruined it for me
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

A possibility to make things a little easier could be to double all the medals needed for each promotion, and make winning give you 2 medals, while losing takes 1. That way it’s less punishing and winning gives more than losing takes.
    I remember playing the similar style game mode in UFC for XBox1. Instead of Tiers they used Belts. Each Belt was an up to 10 match tournament with others in the same Belt. Basically if you won X out of ten games you were demoted to the easier tier, if you won Y out of ten you stayed in the same tier, and if you won Z out of ten you were promoted. X, Y, and Z would change in the higher tiers to make it a little tougher. The biggest difference obviously was that you didn't have to specifically win a large number of games in a row and being able to consistently win about 60% of your matches was enough to get out of many of the earlier tiers. The system for Battlegrounds doesn't reward you for being able to win 2/3 games which is about the best that a large percentage of the community is going to do. If they switched it to only remove one token rather than reset back to 0 wins, it would definitely help people who are able to win more than half their games progress to the next tier.