PLAYERS RUNNING CLOCK IN BATTLEGROUNDS

Why is it everytime I play Battlegrounds with another player they let the clock run while the matches are happening. Here I am wondering why i can't win no matter what til I figured it out. Most let the clock run with that said Kabam Mcoc you guys need to do something with these players cheating. That's no way to win a match by cheating, is anyone else having this problem? Also you guys should either take the timer off and just let us fight champion Vs champion as is. For example if my 5* is at 14k leave them at 14k Health don't add more to them. Just let it be plain battlegrounds matches 1vs1. Anyways anyone else getting tired of plyrs running clock ⌚?

Comments

• godofthundergodofthunder Member Posts: 19
    Yeah they do start at the same time but while I'm fighting they pause their fight and that's how some are winning. We are not playing each other they fight the champ you pick and you fight their champ.
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Member Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited September 2022

anyone pausing (or quiting out of fight from pause menu) doesn't get any more points for doing damage, and similarly doesn't lose any more health. Its a gamble.

If they are about to get Sp3... it may be a good gamble to take. similarly if you have nick fury down to 1% with very little time left, its also another reasonable gamble to take (KOing wont' get any more points for damage, but you do lose out on time bonus).

THere are many strategies involved. I would like to see a small bonus for the KO in addition to the time bonus... but otherwise its balance and strategy.

There is another Bonus .. you don't forgo any of the 30K Points from Defender Health Remaining
    Well I might be the only one seeing this. So if I take more damage from your champion and pause more and unpause at 3-5 seconds before match is over more than likely I'll win. Perhaps Maybe I'm wrong but that's why I brought it to a discussion. Not to get hated on or Bs I just want positive feedback
    Kooshman you got the right idea breh. Sometimes I finish my match in 30 seconds and than we have to wait for opponent to finish I don't think the entire match takes whatever time they give you in battlegrounds. I just tried it myself and I won. I hit the opponent a few times and paused than I unpaused towards end and I won the match.
    @World Eater poppa knows all lol.
  • GeneralNappaGeneralNappa Member Posts: 102
    Only benefit to pausing is modders making fights last believable amounts of time but making sure they win.
    I think your choice of the phrase "Running Clock" was the most confusing part. You can literally just quit out at any point to preserve your health to get a better score if that's the best strategy. No need to actually run the clock.
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Show a screnshot of a match won that way...
    There is no way
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Member Posts: 947 ★★★
    edited September 2022
    K00shMaan said:

Can you please explain what you mean. There is no advantage to pausing the fight in any way.

I beg to difer, i just won a fight against Fury like this lol

Time was running out, so i figured i wasnt going to be able to kill his second life, so i stopped hiting when he was at 2% of the first life and let the timer end. I Thought it wasnt gonna work, but the other guy made some mistakes as well and i beat him by 300 points lol If i killed Fury first HP bar i would lose cause of HP defender remaining.

I mean i could just keep dashing back, avoid him, but by pausing u dont risk getting caught

Ps: i still have no idea the point of this thread lol
    SuelGames said:

K00shMaan said:

Can you please explain what you mean. There is no advantage to pausing the fight in any way.

Time was running out, so i figured i wasnt going to be able to kill his second life, so i stopped hiting when he was at 2% of the first life and let the timer end. I Thought it wasnt gonna work, but the other guy made some mistakes as well and i beat him by 300 points lol If i killed Fury first HP bar i would lose cause of HP defender remaining.

I mean i could just keep dashing back, avoid him, but by pausing u dont risk getting caught

I did add another comment but you could have just quit, you don't need to run the clock. Running the Clock specifically provides no advantage
  • Tijjy007Tijjy007 Member Posts: 349 ★★★
    Hes not clutching at straws. Ive never thought to do this but its huge if they get an sp3 and i would die regardless. Ill just timeout and save my hp for points.
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Member Posts: 947 ★★★
    K00shMaan said:

SuelGames said:

K00shMaan said:

I did add another comment but you could have just quit, you don't need to run the clock. Running the Clock specifically provides no advantage
    I never quit, what happens if u quit? I thought u lost everything u done in that fight
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Member Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Tijjy007 said:

Hes not clutching at straws. Ive never thought to do this but its huge if they get an sp3 and i would die regardless. Ill just timeout and save my hp for points.

Yes he is. He’s saying every player he’s playing just pauses their game and gets a win. That doesn’t work.
  • PowerOfACandlePowerOfACandle Member Posts: 334 ★★★
    They're not pausing it's just a bug which is causing delay. I've also faced this issue today.
  • CoppinCoppin Member Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

They're not pausing it's just a bug which is causing delay. I've also faced this issue today.

Yeah well OP said he did it himself and won...
    Basically u r limitting yourself to what? 40k points... Maybe less...it doesnt make sense
    SuelGames said:

K00shMaan said:

SuelGames said:

K00shMaan said:

I never quit, what happens if u quit? I thought u lost everything u done in that fight
    You get points for whatever health is remaining on both the attacker and defender. 0 points for fight duration.
  • Roqbone97Roqbone97 Member Posts: 44
    edited September 2022
    Here is what he is talking about. A guy basically cheated I beat his champ out right all of sudden didn’t go to timer screen. Stated I lost and there was plenty of time left and this was a third round match people are definitely cheating. Another botched game mode thank KABAM!

(Images removed per forum rules)

@kabamjax this why no one likes competitive game modes like BG it’s starting to become like arenas bunch of bots and cheaters. While legit players with skill can’t even get a fair competition game mode. Game is losing its fun side when it comes to all this cheating.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Member Posts: 1,542 ★★★★★
    They should just disable pause in battlegrounds.
  • Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Member Posts: 396 ★★
    Anyone with over 5 reports from BG should get a 30day ban or something along those lines.
  • Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Member Posts: 600 ★★★
    Pseudo_19 said:

Anyone with over 5 reports from BG should get a 30day ban or something along those lines.

I’m not comfortable with that as a stand-alone requirement. A corresponding investigation would need to take place regardless of 5 or any other arbitrary number.

Fact is. People are petty. Kabam knows people are petty. There’s nothing stopping a 30 member alliance to spam BG report people with no basis other than to be a pest or remove a viable opponent from competition
  • MAERvelGODMAERvelGOD Member Posts: 322 ★★★

They should just disable pause in battlegrounds.

They already said it's not just that easy to isolate the pause feature to not be available in just one area of the game... Basically, they can't