**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

6* Dual crystals price increase makes no sense

CederCeder Posts: 668 ★★★
As previously stated by Kabam, they increased the price of dual crystals for 6*'s because it lets us more accurately target a champ we want (which is ridiculous), but now that 7*'s are gonna be added it makes even less sense for there to be a price increase, has anyone at kãbåm even considered that? I wanna know if the price will be lowered on dual class 6* crystals

Comments

• Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    It does make sense, as much as we may not like it. Have a higher chance of pulling a champion you’re looking for when compared to the basic. Therefore it’s more of a premium crystal (not to be confused with the PHC)
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Yep it makes sense for them to be higher priced. If it’s something you want more than the basic then it means there’s extra value to it, hence extra shards. I would have preferred 11-12k, but I agree with it costing more.
  • They're technically featured crystals just with slightly higher base pools but lower than the general base pool
    Hence they should cost more
  • FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★

I had the same thought. 6 stars already feel worth less. They already feel inferior

They might feel like it to some people, but they certainly won't be for really long time.
  • SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★

I had the same thought. 6 stars already feel worth less. They already feel inferior

They already feel inferior to what? A champion that doesn’t even exist? It will be spring time next year before a seven star crystal even exists. However, 8 stars are likely in 3 years or so: so I suppose the seven stars are probably not worth anything either then.
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    And i still are trying to hunt Wolverine 5* in the dual crystal
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★

I think it makes complete sense that they cost more. The reason so many believe they should cost 10k is because the precedent of the 5* costing 10k creates the expectation that the 6* duals should also be 10k. But in reality, if the 5*s cost 12.5K as well, everyone would think the 6*s costing 12.5K would be fair

Not me.... I feel both should be 10k, period. Disagree with it all you want but just because it's a dual crystal doesn't mean you'll get anything you want or will be happy with. And getting something as awful as iron patriot or cyclops at a higher price is absolutely ****. Got teammates that have opened the 5* dual crystals for nearly a year trying to get a torch and he still haven't landed him.

I got champs on my radar I still really want but there is no way in hell I'm opening 6* dual crystals just to be disappointed time and time again at a higher cost.
  • SnakepSnakep Posts: 362 ★★★

I think it makes complete sense that they cost more. The reason so many believe they should cost 10k is because the precedent of the 5* costing 10k creates the expectation that the 6* duals should also be 10k. But in reality, if the 5*s cost 12.5K as well, everyone would think the 6*s costing 12.5K would be fair

Not me.... I feel both should be 10k, period. Disagree with it all you want but just because it's a dual crystal doesn't mean you'll get anything you want or will be happy with. And getting something as awful as iron patriot or cyclops at a higher price is absolutely ****. Got teammates that have opened the 5* dual crystals for nearly a year trying to get a torch and he still haven't landed him.

I got champs on my radar I still really want but there is no way in hell I'm opening 6* dual crystals just to be disappointed time and time again at a higher cost.
    So by that logic does that mean the six star featured crystal should be 10k, period? There is always a few trash pulls in there, like Drax is now and getting the featured doesn’t mean you will get anything you are happy with. If the dual class crystal is more desirable than a basic then it’s worth is higher, thus it costs more. Having said that, I don’t believe it’s worth 12.5k shards so I don’t plan to get any of them, though I do understand the cost increase.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Featured cost 15k and there’s no guarantee you’ll get anything you want, happy with, or not iron patriot.

The reason they cost more is because there is a benefit from them, you can choose the classes you’re going for. You can find the class combination that has the highest chance of getting a good champion for you and pay for that benefit.

It’s pretty simple economics. If something is better, you want it, so you spend more for it.
    Even as far as the featured crystals go.... I have only ever gone for those crystals if there was 2 or 3 champs I would be unhappy with. Any more than that, I feel the reward does not outweigh the risk. And that's how I feel about these dual crystals. I understand what everyone is saying as far as smaller pools to more accurately go after the class or champs you want. But the way the pools are, I feel the risk heavily outweighs the benefit.

Pulling a superior ironman is a kick in the nuts. Pulling a superior ironman for an extra 2500 shards, might as well go for a second kick in the nuts. (FYI I don't enjoy kicks to the groin, so I'll stick to just one of them.)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

It's a higher price because it's an increased chance via narrowed RNG.

It's a higher price because it's an increased chance via narrowed RNG.
    The RNG in this game is ruthless and unforgiving. Not going to waste shards on the inevitable pain.

Ruthless.

Ruthless.

Yeah? And my mini pulled a 6*. I usually pop just 1 crystal of champs I want from time to time(Apoc, Omega Sentinel, Kitty, etc.), usually cause I'm not dying for units. In the last 3 years of doing this I finally got a pull of what I want. So yeah I would say ruthless.

Ruthless.

Yeah? And my mini pulled a 6*. I usually pop just 1 crystal of champs I want from time to time(Apoc, Omega Sentinel, Kitty, etc.), usually cause I'm not dying for units. In the last 3 years of doing this I finally got a pull of what I want. So yeah I would say ruthless.
    You do realize the point of RNG is so that not everyone pulls what they want everytime, correct? That would be horribly imbalanced.

Ruthless.

You do realize the point of RNG is so that not everyone pulls what they want everytime, correct? That would be horribly imbalanced.
    Oh absolutely... And by no means am I the typical "all my pulls are trash" type of person. But when I am constantly opening pulls that I can't even feel a bit of satisfaction for, that wears you out after awhile, and makes the game unenjoyable and feel like the effort is a waste of time. RNG has it's moments where it's just beyond horrific. Like times where I go to open 20 t4cc catalysts crystals, and only need 1 tech catalyst and literally get multiples of every other class and no tech catalyst.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★

They're technically featured crystals just with slightly higher base pools but lower than the general base pool
    Hence they should cost more

I agree, although "slightly higher base pools" is a bit inaccurate don't you think :smiley: Duals have 3x bigger pools than featureds.

But else I agree, the higher price makes sense and they are still worth the investment to some players (such as myself)