**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

PSA: Arena haters: just this once do one round with a Deadpool.

This is for the arena haters. If you're an arena grinder, this message is totally irrelevant to you, unless you know a lot of arena haters.

I get it. Arena is boring, arena is dull, arena is time consuming, arena is soul destroying. We who grind arena are a different species, and it probably isn't even a human species. Fair enough. But some time in the next few days, grab a -pool (Deadpool, DeadpoolX, Gwenpool. Goldpool, Masacre, etc) and do one arena round in any arena. Just one. You don't even have to win all the fights. Win the Deadpool fight, and quit the rest. Get the one point for the Oversaturated Market.

A million gold and a crystal that contains units for literally one fight. As far as I'm aware there are no rank reward gates: everyone who participates is guaranteed to get at least this. The reward/time ratio here is about as good as it gets.

But there's more:

Most of the rank rewards are percentage based. That means the more players that participate, the more players that will get every reward. Every three players that does just one fight will mean one more player getting three million gold instead of two million gold. Every five players doing that one fight in the arena means one more player getting four million gold instead of three million gold. When all is said and done, every player that does just one fight in the arena with a -pool and scores a single point in the event not only generates one million gold for themselves, they also generate about 1.1 million more gold that goes to other players.

Over two million gold generated by one fight. Half to you, half to some other players. Plus, some random amount of units, both to you and to other players.

If you want easy rewards, and also want to give other players easy rewards, grit your teeth, hold your nose, and do the one fight. When Kabam puts rewards on the table, and you can both grab some and toss even more to other players, and it costs virtually nothing to do it, take them.

Comments

• I saw that too, went to look at what Max Milestone is that would qualify for Rank Rewards.
    There is no Milestones.
    So EVERYONE who does at least 1 Deadpool-associated fight should qualify for at least the 51-100% Rank reward.

But you left out VenomPool from your list (with GwenPool and Massacre, besides for all the different colored Deadpool’s themselves).

*Note for those just skimming the event points rules or mail, and mistakenly assumed normal quests would count to. They don’t, just Arena, AQ, and Duels (actual duels, not Practice against yourself).
  • I decided to start doing Duels until I noticed my Units going down. Shows how often I do them.

Lol, just 5 free duels a day (minus any you’ve already used for a Mystery Target fight).
    Unless you still have any of those “tribal mask” looking Duel Credits in inventory (game will automatically switch after 5 free duels to use any Duel Credit tokens you may have, before ultimately switching over to costing Units).
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★

I decided to start doing Duels until I noticed my Units going down. Shows how often I do them.

Lol, just 5 free duels a day (minus any you’ve already used for a Mystery Target fight).
    Unless you still have any of those “tribal mask” looking Duel Credits in inventory (game will automatically switch after 5 free duels to use any Duel Credit tokens you may have, before ultimately switching over to costing Units).
    Ok. Well, I was only 15 Units in before I realized anyway.
    edited October 2022
    I remembered something about an old bug where it wouldn't cost anything. Got it mixed up with Practice when it was released. Que Sera Sera.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

If getting free gold isn't enough incentive, and increasing everyone else's rewards doesn't do it for you, here's one more data point. Suppose we somehow convince everyone to do this: just take 60 seconds out of their day to fire up the game and do one fight. Let's assume this happens to at least 500,000 game accounts (whether primary accounts or alts).

top 10% gets 5M gold, 11-20% gets 4M gold, 21-30% gets 3M gold, 31-50% gets 2M gold, and 51-100% gets 1M gold. This basically means for every ten accounts that do this, Kabam hands out 5M + 4M + 3M + 2x2M + 5x1M gold, or 21M gold.

So if 500,000 accounts do this, Kabam will have to hand out over one trillion gold to the players, all in one day.

#OneTrillionGoldEvent

Would that it were actual gold…

Dr. Zola
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 261 ★★
    Duels count, too, and you can find a low ranked Hawkeye to beat up. Always a great option.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    What were the cut offs last year? I'm aiming to put up 150 points.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    @DNA3000 Thanks! I almost always play arena, but passed this along to alliance.

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    H3t3r said:

What were the cut offs last year? I'm aiming to put up 150 points.

Last year I put up 321 points and placed 8 hundred something. But as this is a 6* up for grabs, I would presume scores will be higher across the board.
  • Ironside47Ironside47 Posts: 461 ★★★

I decided to start doing Duels until I noticed my Units going down. Shows how often I do them.

There really needs to be a warning before spending units there, the same as there is for reviving an arena champ for example.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Don’t forget to do this on your alt accounts that you abandoned because Kabam canceled gifting!
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★

#Getinthe(Dead)Pool

#notinthatway

Where’s @DorkLessons when you need him

There really needs to be a warning before spending units there, the same as there is for reviving an arena champ for example.
    That was my fault. I assumed there wouldn't be a cost based on another memory.
  • Tijjy007Tijjy007 Posts: 313 ★★★

#Getinthe(Dead)Pool

#notinthatway

Such a throwback. Remember when this was huge for the gwenpool arena. Ahh the days
    DNA3000 said:

If getting free gold isn't enough incentive, and increasing everyone else's rewards doesn't do it for you, here's one more data point. Suppose we somehow convince everyone to do this: just take 60 seconds out of their day to fire up the game and do one fight. Let's assume this happens to at least 500,000 game accounts (whether primary accounts or alts).

top 10% gets 5M gold, 11-20% gets 4M gold, 21-30% gets 3M gold, 31-50% gets 2M gold, and 51-100% gets 1M gold. This basically means for every ten accounts that do this, Kabam hands out 5M + 4M + 3M + 2x2M + 5x1M gold, or 21M gold.

So if 500,000 accounts do this, Kabam will have to hand out over one trillion gold to the players, all in one day.

#OneTrillionGoldEvent

Noone there are an 500k active accounts. As in play for at least 30 mins a week
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Tijjy007 said:

The 500k doesn’t just come from out of nowhere. We have some data points. Years ago when the Rocket button came out, Kabam said 1.3 million accounts claimed the button. So we know that at one time the game had at least that many accounts active enough to participate in that event (that doesn’t mean 1.3 million players, because some players have more than one account). It would be reasonable to assume that the number of active accounts could be significantly lower now, but that’s the order of magnitude we’re operating in.

Next, we can look at AQ and AW participation. We tend to see on the order of 25-30k alliances show up in AW leaderboards. And we can extrapolate similar numbers participating in AQ by experimenting with very low ranking alliance quest test alliances. We can’t assume they are all full, but even assuming the average alliance is only half full makes the floor on the order of 400 thousand players (accounts), and of course not every account is in an alliance or participating in AQ or AW.

Between those data points and considering things like churn, progress, and other factors, I think 500k accounts is a reasonable estimate for the number of accounts that could be marshaled to participate in this event.
  • AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    This is a good idea to save gold for next Deadpool event…….. hahahahaha.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    edited October 2022
    I would rather everyone boycott the event to send a message. That would be great. But there isn't unity within the community in that way.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

I would rather everyone boycott the event to send a message. That would be great. But there isn't unity within the community in that way.

I'm not buying any unit deals, but I'm certainly going to take my free gold and units lol
    DNA3000 said:

Tijjy007 said:

The 500k doesn’t just come from out of nowhere. We have some data points. Years ago when the Rocket button came out, Kabam said 1.3 million accounts claimed the button. So we know that at one time the game had at least that many accounts active enough to participate in that event (that doesn’t mean 1.3 million players, because some players have more than one account). It would be reasonable to assume that the number of active accounts could be significantly lower now, but that’s the order of magnitude we’re operating in.

Next, we can look at AQ and AW participation. We tend to see on the order of 25-30k alliances show up in AW leaderboards. And we can extrapolate similar numbers participating in AQ by experimenting with very low ranking alliance quest test alliances. We can’t assume they are all full, but even assuming the average alliance is only half full makes the floor on the order of 400 thousand players (accounts), and of course not every account is in an alliance or participating in AQ or AW.

Between those data points and considering things like churn, progress, and other factors, I think 500k accounts is a reasonable estimate for the number of accounts that could be marshaled to participate in this event.
    Always wondered this thanks alot for sharing that info
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

The lack of unity is symptomatic of a lack of agreement. What seems universal when you only sample the people who talk the most (and I’m certainly in that group) tends to evaporate when you look at the broader player base.
    Good point.