**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Seriously annoyed with the new +2 movement in aq/aw

JoseOkJoseOk Posts: 278 ★★
I understand that players need time to finish and complete on their own accord…. I am very appreciative of the drop of nodes in aq and the movement , but…

Now we have to deal with if players are going to join last and use movements to complete or not join at all.

Also the nodes were kind of the fun about doing the higher maps… I know people will disagree with me, but there should be a limit to how many of each of these movements you can do per aq/war.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2022
    1) the nodes brought enjoyment to the map. Now it could just be considered a solo. On map 7 just 1 player can and has been taking out all the mini bosses/ bosses. Where is the enjoyment in that to those that play?

2) noticing a lot of players joining last minute and doing all 3 paths, that is also problematic, because you can’t rely on that.

3) “Alliance” Quest is in the name , it should not just be a solo activity.
  • Options
    AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    JoseOk said:

1) the nodes brought enjoyment to the map. Now it could just be considered a solo. On map 7 just 1 player can and has been taking out all the mini bosses/ bosses. Where is the enjoyment in that to those that play?

2) noticing a lot of players joining last minute and doing all 3 paths, that is also problematic, because you can’t rely on that.

Agreed to an extent. I think only the final boss should have the nodes so it still feels like a team effort.
  • Options
    BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
    JoseOk said:

Use energy revives and beat them to it 😎
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    JoseOk said:

After 7 years AQ is a necessary CHORE, there really isnt any enjoyment...
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    This isn’t a moan but I liked having the nodes. It made it feel like actual team work was needed. But overall this feels like it will be better in the long run. Not needing to wait and wait and wait for others to join.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Ghost_Fan said:

JoseOk said:

This is impossible. You can only buy 2 energy, once a week. If you can't rely on your own people, this change isn't the problem here
    You can buy as many as you like with units though.
  • Options
    Ghost_Fan said:

JoseOk said:

This is impossible. You can only buy 2 energy, once a week. If you can't rely on your own people, this change isn't the problem here

You can literally buy as many as you want.

Even with all those downvotes against my original post, it won’t change fact that AQ is Alliance Quest… A team event and it doesn’t feel very “team-Ly” with the changes. The 3rd section should still have nodes.

• Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    Get in a a better ally where everyone likes each other. Quit crying over this. Best thing about aq in forever.. no more waiting in 6/6 energy for other people.
  • Options
    Ghost_FanGhost_Fan Posts: 273 ★★★
    JoseOk said:

Ghost_Fan said:

JoseOk said:

You can literally buy as many as you want.
    I was sure that there was a 1 week time limit on the unit purchased ones as well.
    But I doubt that there are people that spend around 70-80 units for each day of AQ
  • Options
    Applying a +2 AQ or AW Energy should at least remove any Boost you happen to still be on.

Or at least remove it from boosting any additional fights in that AQ or AW mode (so it can be allowed to continue for you in other normal questing/arena/etc modes).

• Options
    DoosraDoosra Posts: 359 ★★★
    Wow didn't know people find disappointment in everything
  • Options
    Berlad8Berlad8 Posts: 114
    Wozzle007 said:

This isn’t a moan but I liked having the nodes. It made it feel like actual team work was needed. But overall this feels like it will be better in the long run. Not needing to wait and wait and wait for others to join.

No one can explore the AQ alone. So anyway teamwork is needed if you want to explore the whole map and get more points for your alliance. It's just that now it's less stressful teamwork, and everyone can play in their own time. I don't understand why is this a problem.
  • Options
    0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    Some people just doesn't spend their whole day playing video game. This way, it's easier for them to move whenever they are free and others don't have to wait until a specific node is being cut.

Same goes to the +2 energy. So what if players join in at last moment and use all their +2 to finish it? That's very handy to have for that exact reason. Something as simple as this would make it much easier.
  • Options
    PemulaPemula Posts: 60
    Good luck dude
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,758 ★★★★★
    I can see where you're coming from even if I really liked the change personally. I think the boss nodes could be a nice substitute/addition to the regular modifiers. Let the quest be node-less as a starting point and then add things on if you want to. I think that could give those who really want the challenge and teamwork a way to keep it while simultaneously earning more points, while at the same time allowing more people to push further in AQ without all of the hassles that comes from different timezones etc.
  • Options
    The energy refills are a brilliant addition. Sometimes you might not have the time to log in 3-4 times in a day - life happens even if you’re in a T1/M8 alliance. Likewise for AW if you’re in a tight war it’s nice to be able to finish your fights on one set of 30% boosts which isn’t something you want to do 2-3 times in a war, even if you’re a chunky whale.
  • Options
    How about limiting the +2 usage to just ONCE PER DAY, like how your UNDO MOVE is limited to once.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,250 ★★★★★
    From an Officer/Leader point of view, I can see where the OP is coming from. It's added stress to worry about a Member deciding to kamikaze at the last minute. It's difficult to plan around that.
    At the same time, I think communicating is the best defense. It feels more like a discussion. If they're going in the last minute or doing it all in one go, they need to communicate that with the rest of the Ally.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    At least in AQ, I’m a huge fan of the change. Not having linked nodes on the bosses means that I don’t have to scramble to clear a lane during my work day before somebody on the other side of the world goes to sleep. It allows for so much more flexibility in who can be in a given alliance because scheduling isn’t really an issue. So long as you are reliable and get your stuff done, when you do it isn’t as important.

I don’t know how the +2 energy refill factors into this. I don’t expect I’ll ever really use mine.
  • Options
    Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★

How about limiting the +2 usage to just ONCE PER DAY, like how your UNDO MOVE is limited to once.

No