**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Elder Mark Correction = Joke?

124»

Comments

• Options
    QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    Kabam's math is definitely off. I started off with 940 EM and got comp for 1365.

940 x 1.625 = 1527.5

That means I am short 162.5 EM.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Bigbowlr said:

Kabam Jax said:

If you had 680 at the beginning of season, (if I’m understanding what Kabam is doing) … you should receive 1105 additional marks (680x2.625 - your original 680). Total of 1785.

Yes. This.

(I just typed up a paragraph of math explanation on to realize you explained the same math in a different way)

But! The numbers still seem fishy. We'll keep looking.

For clarity. The number you're meant to be receiving in-game is not 2.625x your inventory. It is to make your total 2.625x what it is now. So what you should be receiving is 1.625x what's in your inventory.
    Is there a reason why we're receiving 1.625x our current EM yet the amount of EM required to enter went up 6x?
    The value of Elder's mark with regards also increased. You are getting 2.2 times more points for Elder's Mark usage this season compared to last season (4500 for a win compared to 2050 last season). After receiving the (correct) amount of Elder's Marks from compensation, you will have 2.625 times as many Elder's Mark as you started with. Divide this total by 6 and you get: 2.2*2.625/6=0.9625. Basically this means that your Elder's Mark are worth 96.25% what they were worth last. So almost equal although still less. Don't know why it couldn't have been bumped slightly to cover that remaining percent. Now Elder's Marks that you paid Units for may be considerably less valuable now that Energy can score points but that is a different argument.
  • Options
    SCZSCZ Posts: 185 ★★
    What about marks that were in stash and had not yet been claimed? @kabam Jax?
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone, following up with the solution here!

Firstly, what happened: the calculation for the EMs was made based on the total in everyone's inventory at the conclusion of season 1, not the totals immediately prior to season 2's start.

What's being done: a second set of adjustments will go out that will equal the difference between those two calculations, if the number in your inventory increased in that time period. "[the] latest balance up until S2 started at 11am on Oct 17th, if that balance is greater than the balance they had on Oct 10th. And it won't be the entire balance, but the difference between the later balance and the earlier one."

The timline: Looks like this should be a relatively quick turnaround, I'm confident that it'll be this week!

Something seems wrong with the snapshot you took. I never spent any of the elders marks I received after I made it to the gladiator circuit (400) which I achieved a full 2 weeks before the season ended. I had 405 for nearly the entire last two weeks of the season. I got an additional 100 from a milestone, yet only received 8 from the conversion. If the snap shot worked as you saying, it should have taken that 405 (not including the 100 from the milestones) and sent me 658 (405 x 1.625 = 658.125).
  • Options
    Perfect_jabPerfect_jab Posts: 73
    This has me confused. So is it 2.625 x how many elder marks you had at beginning of season 2? Or is it 1.625? I had 110 an recieved 16, thats wrong based on either of those.
  • Options
    ThiartcThiartc Posts: 270 ★★

This has me confused. So is it 2.625 x how many elder marks you had at beginning of season 2? Or is it 1.625? I had 110 an recieved 16, thats wrong based on either of those.

I had the same. You had 10 before the adjustment, thus 1.625 of the 10 is 16, as pee jax post they used the amount before, they will now change it to after adjustment, so you will get another 163, 1.625 x 100
  • Options
    Farrukh_tvFarrukh_tv Posts: 208 ★★

let's say you have 1000 EM, after the correction you should end up with 2625 EM because that's the rate, since you already have 1000 they will send you 1625 that's where *1.625 comes from 2.625-1(1 is what you already have in inventory), looks simple to me but god knows what kind of formula they are using to get the numbers so wrong
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    edited October 2022
    Man, everyone is showing how much they skipped their math classes (even Kabam). Lol.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,220 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Firstly, what happened: the calculation for the EMs was made based on the total in everyone's inventory at the conclusion of season 1, not the totals immediately prior to season 2's start.

What's being done: a second set of adjustments will go out that will equal the difference between those two calculations, if the number in your inventory increased in that time period. "[the] latest balance up until S2 started at 11am on Oct 17th, if that balance is greater than the balance they had on Oct 10th. And it won't be the entire balance, but the difference between the later balance and the earlier one."

The timline: Looks like this should be a relatively quick turnaround, I'm confident that it'll be this week!

Cool!!
  • Options
    Tijjy007Tijjy007 Posts: 313 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Mine were almost the same. i had at least 400 em right at the end of s1 and I got given only 33 in the mail lmao
  • Options
    Tijjy007Tijjy007 Posts: 313 ★★★

Kabam Jax said:

Something seems wrong with the snapshot you took. I never spent any of the elders marks I received after I made it to the gladiator circuit (400) which I achieved a full 2 weeks before the season ended. I had 405 for nearly the entire last two weeks of the season. I got an additional 100 from a milestone, yet only received 8 from the conversion. If the snap shot worked as you saying, it should have taken that 405 (not including the 100 from the milestones) and sent me 658 (405 x 1.625 = 658.125).
    Same
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Atleast I like or mention of my post would have been a nice touch. But hey happy that it's getting fixed finally.
  • Options
    WhatsGoodEnglishWhatsGoodEnglish Posts: 78
    edited October 2022

Just received the additional amount in game and my total is correct. 505 x 1.625 = 820.625. I originally received only 8 but got an additional 813 in the mail today for a grand total of 821. I’m glad this was fixed in a timely manner.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,649 Guardian
    edited October 2022
    Got my additional amount (only 8 originally, now the rest).

Still just enough to do only a single battleground match.

Lost, dropped back in Bronze. Not enough Marks for another.

So no more Battlegrounds for rest of season. (without willing to spend units of energy, can’t actually okay this new feature, even if just for fun).

And sort of mind blown that just playing as casual, most likely Win 1 match, Lose 1 match, those players can never get anywhere out of Bronze.

Which by definition, there are as many people who lose a match, as who win a match, so in taking averages, nobody advances anywhere without the wins basically coming (overall, across entirety of players) against people stuck at very bottom (who when they lose, have nowhere to fall to because already at lowest Bronze level).
  • Options

So no more Battlegrounds for rest of season. (without willing to spend units of energy, can’t actually okay this new feature, even if just for fun).

And sort of mind blown that just playing as casual, most likely Win 1 match, Lose 1 match, those players can never get anywhere out of Bronze.

Which by definition, there are as many people who lose a match, as who win a match, so in taking averages, nobody advances anywhere without the wins basically coming (overall, across entirety of players) against people stuck at very bottom (who when they lose, have nowhere to fall to because already at lowest Bronze level).

You can just say you don’t like the mode. You don’t have to offer some ridiculous bro-science justification of why you think it’s bad. A 50% win rate which you’re describing as a flaw in the system doesn’t mean casual players are losing the very next match after they win. Even a 30% win rate can be represented by 6 losses in a row, 1 win, 1 loss, and 2 wins. In that scenario, the player would have made it out of bronze.

You also are awarded 600 tokens every 48 hours for just completing 3 matches. That ends up being 8,400 tokens to spend in the store on things like shards, stones, or catalysts and you don’t have to win a single match to get them.

Why are you even in thread about people not receiving the correct amount of elders marks when you had no intention of meaningfully engaging with the mode?
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★

I receive 90 and now 325 its Nice. I love bg
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★

I receive 90 and now 325 its Nice. I love bg

I really don't know what it's like to calculate, I didn't understand anything. If you can explain to me
  • Options

You can just say you don’t like the mode. You don’t have to offer some ridiculous bro-science justification of why you think it’s bad. A 50% win rate which you’re describing as a flaw in the system doesn’t mean casual players are losing the very next match after they win. Even a 30% win rate can be represented by 6 losses in a row, 1 win, 1 loss, and 2 wins. In that scenario, the player would have made it out of bronze.

You also are awarded 600 tokens every 48 hours for just completing 3 matches. That ends up being 8,400 tokens to spend in the store on things like shards, stones, or catalysts and you don’t have to win a single match to get them.

Why are you even in thread about people not receiving the correct amount of elders marks when you had no intention of meaningfully engaging with the mode?
    First, I did lead off with info about receiving the follow up adjustment amount, which is what the thread is about. Some other places people were still asking when they were gonna receive it.

And thanks for clarifying the Complete (not necessarily Win) objective. Too bad it's not very clear in game when they reset (didn’t know if it was just one objective, for whole season, versus once every 2 days), which is why it must have reset on me in first season for some reason. They could make it clearer in game when the 48 hr period is on those 2 objectives (you only see timer once you actually finish one of the objectives and then can see the “reset” time).

And no, I don’t hate it, just the opposite. But compared to AW (can be casual and just enjoy the AW play and easily be in Gold and decent rewards), that doesn’t seem to be the case here.
  • Options
    Asim38Asim38 Posts: 136
    Seeing here that a couple of ppl have posted about receiving the correction. I am hoping this is still being rolled out as I haven't received the correction yet.
  • Options
    Asim38Asim38 Posts: 136
    Is this still coming for those that didn't receive the correction yet? @Kabam Jax