**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Issue with battlegrounds scoring

Comments

• Options
    Taz0911Taz0911 Posts: 118
    This was my round 1 and 3 scores. Time should be the tie breaker. You should be awarded more points if you finish at 100%
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,174 ★★★★
    Not sure why everyone thinks the scoring system is broken when it doesn't go their way. We all know going into BG how the scoring works. It's not a hidden scoring system at all. It's not about how much health you have left or if you knock the defender out and the other players don't so you should win. There's three factors, you health, the defenders health and time. Why would only how much health left be the only factor when someone take out your champ faster but has a little bit less health. The current scoring system is already in place. If and when they change it, other players will rise up and complain that it's not how they want it. There's never going to be a 100% agreement from all players on any scoring system so Kabam set the rules and everyone is playing by the same rules.
  • Options
    GarloGarlo Posts: 201 ★★
    Taz0911 said:

This was my round 1 and 3 scores. Time should be the tie breaker. You should be awarded more points if you finish at 100%

You got more points for finishing with more HP, so you were awarded indeed.
  • Options
    NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    I actually agree. I don’t play fast. I don’t want to be forced to “play faster”. I want to play safer. Leave with more health. imo playing fast isn’t the point of this game.

IMO scoring would make more sense if attacker hp also was worth 30,000. So you’d have to be really slow in order for it to matter.

In every game mode. The point is hitting, and not getting hit.
  • Options
    CalwooddaddyCalwooddaddy Posts: 74
    Your fights took much longer...quicker ko more points. Simple to see in your screenshot.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

In every game mode. The point is hitting, and not getting hit.

Speaking as someone that has been making this argument since before the game mode was accessible to most players, there is an inescapable flaw in this argument. The argument against this is "but what if we wanna do something different?"

At the end of the day, this is not a counterable argument. If the designers of the game mode wanna do something different and enough players wanna see something different, logical design consistency is not a plus, it is a minus.

I don't say this to be derogatory, but to be blunt. End game content is totally different from normal content, because end game content wanna be different. Side quests wanna be different. Incursions wanna be different. These aren't necessarily bad things. If Battlegrounds wanna be different in their victory conditions, then it is gonna be different. Players need to vote with their feet. If players wanna see scoring that is different, then it is a good thing. If they don't, it isn't. And as far as I can tell, these scoring glitches from the norm do not seem to be impacting the overall participation of the game mode.

I would argue that this is a fundamental thing that shouldn't fall into the discretion of wanna be different design decisions. But that's ultimately a subjective perspective.
  • Options
    Taz0911 said:

Time SHOULD be a time breaker. But Kabam plays fast and loose with the definition of what a tie breaker is.
  • Options

Not sure why everyone thinks the scoring system is broken when it doesn't go their way. We all know going into BG how the scoring works. It's not a hidden scoring system at all. It's not about how much health you have left or if you knock the defender out and the other players don't so you should win. There's three factors, you health, the defenders health and time. Why would only how much health left be the only factor when someone take out your champ faster but has a little bit less health. The current scoring system is already in place. If and when they change it, other players will rise up and complain that it's not how they want it. There's never going to be a 100% agreement from all players on any scoring system so Kabam set the rules and everyone is playing by the same rules.

I didn't say it was "broken". I was pointing out that in a game mode that is ment to be skill based, it takes more skill to not get hit then it does to just blitz through.
  • Options

Your fights took much longer...quicker ko more points. Simple to see in your screenshot.

I know thats why I lost but I'm just saying that scoring that way doesn't make asuch sense
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Taz0911 said:

I know thats why I lost but I'm just saying that scoring that way doesn't make asuch sense
    Makes sense . You get rewarded for being fast and also get punished for being fast( bad intercept , get parried etc)

If your opponent would have taken an SP2 or got parried you would have most likely won.