Options

Red Guardian vs Spidey 2099

TanksalotTanksalot Posts: 37
edited November 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I’m looking for a non-buff champ to take to rank 5. I already have an R1 Ant-man, but I’m looking for more options.

So, simple question, who do you think is better RG or Spidey 2099? (I’m aiming to become a Thronebreaker, if that helps.)

Red Guardian vs Spidey 2099 53 votes

Red Guardian
11%
Spity68TerraCassyHidr8__Marostrange2005SuelGames 6 votes
Spidey 2099
88%
Crys23Mhd20034HzoriWorknprogressWicket329Ech238LiquidkoldAleorAmaadAkiraSCP1504SidDDragonJimmyBFlashingfistEtjamaSpadeHunterMother_FlerkenWfpkstevezillaEwell65SSS69MaratoxIronman3000 47 votes
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• Options
    That’s a 6* R1 Ant-man. Not that it really makes a difference.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,055 ★★★★★
    Spidey 2099
    Spidey2099 is far more versatile and useful than Red Guardian. I can’t think of a single matchup I’d rather have RG than Spidey.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 942 ★★★
    Red Guardian
    Wicket329 said:

Spidey2099 is far more versatile and useful than Red Guardian. I can’t think of a single matchup I’d rather have RG than Spidey.

Champs that go unstoppable
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 751 ★★★★
    Spidey 2099
    SuelGames said:

Wicket329 said:

Spidey counters that too. Better even
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,811 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Or you know, maybe if you have red guardian but don't have a spidey 99
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,055 ★★★★★
    Spidey 2099
    SuelGames said:

Wicket329 said:

Both champions have access to slow in their base kit, and I would argue Spidey’s is easier to maintain although more difficult to apply at first.
    Buttehrs said:

Wicket329 said:

Or you know, maybe if you have red guardian but don't have a spidey 99
    The question was “which champ that I already have should I invest in,” not “do I rank a champ I already have or wait for one I don’t.” And also… if I have Red Guardian but not Spidey, then I’d still rather have Spidey?

People trying to be contrarian without actually considering the question. Spidey is the far better option between the two. If I *really* stretch for it, I could argue that RG has some counterplay against unblockable attacks that Spidey doesn’t but like… even that utility isn’t very useful. If you end up using it, you probably aren’t very happy about it.
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your input.

Time to rank up my RG, lol.