**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Any chance quake will become a 6* with 7*s coming

UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 393 ★★★
I mean understand quake is broken but maybe it’s time to give her a 6* she’s becoming a bit slow in higher healthpool fights and 6* damage would definitely help

Comments

• Doovid12Doovid12 Posts: 83
    As someone that has been using quake since having her as a 4*, I would love to have the ability to play with her as a 6*! Although she is "broken" for matchups, she is a champ that requires a lot of skill and time to master. I think adding her as a 6* would be good with the larger health pools which have been introduced into the game.
  • Duaugen666Duaugen666 Posts: 20
    Honestly i dont understand this quake situation. Skilled players don't use her because it's kinda boring for them. For others she is hard to learn. So there's not that much quake players overall, who truly enjoy her gameplay (and what important her gameplay is unique). I personally love quake even more than mine 6* kitty, ghost, shang or even bwdo. It's so unfair that kabam decides to ignore her. If she brings trouble in aw, aq just give her permanent ban in attack but allow people to play like they want. In quest with 5/65 quake it takes a LOT of time so she's basically useless in story now. And for people with suicides you have increased her hp lvl so she's losing her health now which is kinda sad but not that serious nerf. And to be fair there is a lot more characters that's even more broken than quake like ghost, duped kitty, shang chi. All of them brings so much damade to the table and easy to learn (hard to master). I understand that I'm just a salty quake player, but damn this unfair. Soon we will get wolverine 6* version ( he is app store pictures like stark spidey) so all we have left is magick and quake. And to be honest both of them is better than quake but boring in gameplay.
  • HenriqueSCCPHenriqueSCCP Posts: 413 ★★★
    edited November 2022

Honestly i dont understand this quake situation. Skilled players don't use her because it's kinda boring for them. For others she is hard to learn. So there's not that much quake players overall, who truly enjoy her gameplay (and what important her gameplay is unique). I personally love quake even more than mine 6* kitty, ghost, shang or even bwdo. It's so unfair that kabam decides to ignore her. If she brings trouble in aw, aq just give her permanent ban in attack but allow people to play like they want. In quest with 5/65 quake it takes a LOT of time so she's basically useless in story now. And for people with suicides you have increased her hp lvl so she's losing her health now which is kinda sad but not that serious nerf. And to be fair there is a lot more characters that's even more broken than quake like ghost, duped kitty, shang chi. All of them brings so much damade to the table and easy to learn (hard to master). I understand that I'm just a salty quake player, but damn this unfair. Soon we will get wolverine 6* version ( he is app store pictures like stark spidey) so all we have left is magick and quake. And to be honest both of them is better than quake but boring in gameplay.

Quake breaks the game, is the only champion that doesn't have a 6* version and is banned from AW. Kabam adding 6* Quake with the arrival of 7* will be a mistake, in most events, even Quake taking longer to make, it does it with less expense.
    And especially that we're going to have relics and ascension, that would make Quake more overpowered than it already is.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited November 2022
    They’re gonna ignore her for a while longer, until we have r5 6* characters fairly commonly and then when nobody at all uses her because the 5* stars are so behind, they’ll rework her kit and release as 6* and 7*. They know they can’t do it now because still folks play her and it would cause outcry but if nobody is using her anymore people won’t get angry much.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Doovid12 said:

As someone that has been using quake since having her as a 4*, I would love to have the ability to play with her as a 6*! Although she is "broken" for matchups, she is a champ that requires a lot of skill and time to master. I think adding her as a 6* would be good with the larger health pools which have been introduced into the game.

It does require skill, but it's a skill that once you get, you've got it. At that point, it's just a cheat code.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    As a non-Quake user, I sincerely hope that they release her as a 6* and people who have mastered and loved her, have the chance to use her for many years to come. I don't understand why we have to be bitter or FOMO about everything. If Kabam have released / designed a champ that is proven to be more OP than they originally wished for, well, that's on them and that's why they now have their balancing program.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

If skilled players don't play her and unskilled players don't play her then who are you that is so salty that wants her?
  • _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 214 ★★★
    If a champion is at the stage where they are deliberately excluded from being released at higher rarities, is the solution not just to tune them? Yes will upset some people but if they stay a strong but not game breaking champ, will be better in the long run and anyone who isn't happy could rank down their quake?
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 797 ★★★★

Oh god I hope not

Because instead of 3k damage ticks in aftershock there would be 4.5k damage ticks? Yeah, that would definitely be gamebreaking
  • As a non-Quake user, I sincerely hope that they release her as a 6* and people who have mastered and loved her, have the chance to use her for many years to come. I don't understand why we have to be bitter or FOMO about everything. If Kabam have released / designed a champ that is proven to be more OP than they originally wished for, well, that's on them and that's why they now have their balancing program.

I mean, you could consider her not being released as her own special rebalancing by Kabam haha
  • Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★

As a non-Quake user, I sincerely hope that they release her as a 6* and people who have mastered and loved her, have the chance to use her for many years to come. I don't understand why we have to be bitter or FOMO about everything. If Kabam have released / designed a champ that is proven to be more OP than they originally wished for, well, that's on them and that's why they now have their balancing program.

I mean, you could consider her not being released as her own special rebalancing by Kabam haha
    This is pretty funny lol
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Anyone who doesn’t think Quake would ruin the game as a 6* 1) doesn’t understand how powerful she is or 2) doesn’t remember what it was like when 5* quake dominated the game before 6* rank 3s

Most people don't care in the slightest about game balance sadly and just want as many overpowered toys as possible. It makes them feel like they're getting one over on Kabam.

Anyone who doesn’t think Quake would ruin the game as a 6* 1) doesn’t understand how powerful she is or 2) doesn’t remember what it was like when 5* quake dominated the game before 6* rank 3s

Most people don't care in the slightest about game balance sadly and just want as many overpowered toys as possible. It makes them feel like they're getting one over on Kabam.
    "Balance". Lol, good one. And when exactly was the game... balanced? Nice theory but I would debate that OP champs are exactly those who bring in the cash for Kabam. Quake was not a well-planned one, that's all.
    @BitterSteel

"shoulda / woulda / coulda" . We have a game in which Kabam not only deliberatly created numerous OP champions (see Doom, Apocalypse and certainly others) but the strongest of them all (Hercules), had the audacity to outright sell to the community in the Summer deals! Not NRG or anything! Just outright sell this champ, by selector in a crystal! The particular champion is so damn OP that we have people coming in the forums and creating threads asking how and exactly why they died using him in War! Imagine that! And we're still discussing about a 6* Quake...? Oh, come on...
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

@BitterSteel

"shoulda / woulda / coulda" . We have a game in which Kabam not only deliberatly created numerous OP champions (see Doom, Apocalypse and certainly others) but the strongest of them all (Hercules), had the audacity to outright sell to the community in the Summer deals! Not NRG or anything! Just outright sell this champ, by selector in a crystal! The particular champion is so damn OP that we have people coming in the forums and creating threads asking how and exactly why they died using him in War! Imagine that! And we're still discussing about a 6* Quake...? Oh, come on...

None of those champions, nor anybody you could possibly name is as strong as Quake.

As I said before:

"Balance". Lol, good one. And when exactly was the game... balanced? Nice theory but I would debate that OP champs are exactly those who bring in the cash for Kabam. Quake was not a well-planned one, that's all.
    Champions being too strong isn’t good for the playerbase or the game or Kabam.

Think of champion strength like a kid with chocolate. Good in moderation, but if you have too much then it’s bad. Some of the playerbase thinks more chocolate is great and would stuff their face if they could, but that’s why someone needs to step in and say “no more chocolate, that’s too much”.

A sizeable portion of the playerbase would choose to have a champion like Hercules with an increased immortality duration and extra abilities - Herc 2.0 - because they think it benefits them. And it does, to an extent. It’s good for them using Herc 2.0, but it’s not good that everyone else has a massively overpowered champion because he’s basically all you need in the game. You can’t place defence because Herc 2.0 crushes it.

As content gets harder to make things a challenge for Herc 2.0, You basically need Herc 2.0 or you fall behind. This is what happened with 12.0. Champions being too strong is bad, and Quake is the sort of Herc 2.0 which is bad for the game.

It’s not good for the game’s health overall to have a champion so strong that they counter hundreds of things, it’s better and healthier and more fun in the long run to have 10 champions who counter 10 things.

That’s why quake is bad for the game, and that’s why the playerbase should not be allowed to choose to have her in the game. Most think that the short term sugar rush of chocolate is better than (to really stretch this metaphor to breaking point) heart disease.
    There are counters. For every champion. Even for herc. But almost every character has their damage from hits landed.

Quakes damages is from "blocking", and the aftershock doesn't scale as much as a combo of 15 hits.

If someone wants to do something with quake, they will do it. If the 5* version already "broke the game" the 6* version wouldn't do much more. Fights would be 2-3 cycles shorter, that's it, literally.

@BitterSteel

None of those champions, nor anybody you could possibly name is as strong as Quake.

As I said before:

Sure @BitterSteel . When the arguments run out, you can always hide behind blanket statements. Gotcha.

@BitterSteel

As I said before:

I mean.... Going up against true strike, or life transfer, or like force of will nodes, I would much rather take champs like, you know....Herc, CGR, Kitty, and other extremely broken champs.

Heck, you could even "nerf" (fix) quake against debuff immun opponents, she would still not be as much used as Hercules.