Battle Grounds - Is sand bagging punishable by banning accounts

I am not going to lie... I sand bag. And will continue to do so. To me, it is still rng.. the chance of pulling a 1 or 2 star is still a thing... and I have lost plenty of matches from the random 1 or 2 stars being a mandatory pick... but the game mode is still fun, even with that happening.
First off, there are no rules stating that the player can not sand bag,
Second, we are allowed to use which ever cards that we chose in our deck from our accounts.
I have invested a lot of time and money into my account and do not want to have all my efforts wasted due to having my account banned.
So I am going to stop playing Battle Grounds until Kabam answers my question on is sand bagging is punishable by banning the such account?
Kabam, please answer my question asap.. I would like to get back to playing Battle Grounds sooner rather than later.
Btw.. I appreciate the evolving of MCOC. I have been playing since the game started. Kabam has come a long way since the start of MCOC. I just would like the message you all a personal thanks.

Comments

• phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,969 ★★★★★
    At the moment there is no applicable punishment, but I expect the music to stop for next season in some way or another that makes sandbagging unpalatable but still optional.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,369 ★★★★★
    Not bannable as of right now but they said in a post a few weeks ago that it is considered cheating and matchmaking will be getting some changes soon to prevent sandbagging completely
  • PetieCameronPetieCameron Member Posts: 260
    U are free to use any champ in your deck it's your roster use your 1* if u like or your best champs it's not cheeting it's a way of matching players on your level and not getting parigon over n over who are going to lock u in a smaller tier. It isn't very sportsman like but who wants to fight paragon when u only have uncollected,cav,tb I did 4* maxed champ's and r3-4 5* and R1 6* champs got like parigon 3 times after it was way more accurate people I matched and it's not like I never lost I had loosing and winning streaks not just a ton of defeats.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,353 Guardian
    You're free to do so, but I've found it doesn't work in gladiator circuit. My first two matches were against TBs sandbagging, and my deck consists of all r3 and r4 6*s.

Not bannable as of right now but they said in a post a few weeks ago that it is considered cheating and matchmaking will be getting some changes soon to prevent sandbagging completely

Also, kabam said it wasn't sportsmanlike to sandbag, not that it was cheating. Big difference.
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Member Posts: 947 ★★★
    Enough with the sandbag posts already, there s no good in doing that, just limits their options and often even force em to use 2* LOL

Its not against TOS, just moraly questionable. I just think its dumb af

Also, kabam already said they re looking for a way for end that, so just chill and wait
    edited November 2022

Graves_3 said:

You always say that but can you point to where it was specifically mentioned that it’s considered cheating?

they actually said something like it is an unyintended thing which they didnt mean for the mode or something the NEVER used the word cheating . we all know yoir salty on "sandbaggers" i used quotes cause i dont think its much of an issue tbh . but ill happily be proved wrong if you could show said text in which the state its cheating specically
    Pikolu said:

You're free to do so, but I've found it doesn't work in gladiator circuit. My first two matches were against TBs sandbagging, and my deck consists of all r3 and r4 6*s.

Also, kabam said it wasn't sportsmanlike to sandbag, not that it was cheating. Big difference.
    1. That's literally the meaning of sandbagging, cheating by manipulating your rating to get weaker opponents.
    2. I can't find the post but I did take this screenshot, that last paragraph makes it very clear that sandbagging is considered cheating as it is unfair behavior that unbalances the game. Obviously, there's a huge difference between that and modding, but it's cheating regardless.
  • PetieCameronPetieCameron Member Posts: 260
    Unfair behaviour. He didn't say cheeting u are the one twisting what was said n making it define your own prospective on what u want it to mean. If they was calling it cheeting its the words they would come straight out with, they don't mince there words as we have seen in the past. So get your tongue of the window n your fingers of the keyboard stop bombarding all these accounts u are trying to upset by pushing your dirty narrative on.
    edited November 2022

Unfair behaviour. He didn't say cheeting u are the one twisting what was said n making it define your own prospective on what u want it to mean. If they was calling it cheeting its the words they would come straight out with, they don't mince there words as we have seen in the past. So get your tongue of the window n your fingers of the keyboard stop bombarding all these accounts u are trying to upset by pushing your dirty narrative on.

Lmao you all seem to get so angry when you get called cheaters for sandbagging it's hilarious.
    Let's analyze the entire paragraph together again since apparently you lack the intelligence to do it yourself yeah?

"Every single person on the MCoC team understands the gravity and impact surrounding CHEATERS in our game. We think these are very important steps forward in combatting those that aim to unbalance the game through unfair behavior" (unbalancing the game through unfair behavior IS cheating, whether that's modding or sandbagging, both being addressed in the same exact post that's solely about cheating). If sandbagging was not cheating, it would not be included in a post that was literally only talking about cheating in general.

Have fun malding bud!
  • Dragoon81Dragoon81 Member Posts: 147 ★★
    edited November 2022
    It’s not in spirit of the game but Kabaam can’t be banning people for doing something they allow. BGs is only for Uncollected+ would be simple enough to only allow 4* and up as a starter to help with this.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Member Posts: 934 ★★★★

Lmao you all seem to get so angry when you get called cheaters for sandbagging it's hilarious.
    Let's analyze the entire paragraph together again since apparently you lack the intelligence to do it yourself yeah?

"Every single person on the MCoC team understands the gravity and impact surrounding CHEATERS in our game. We think these are very important steps forward in combatting those that aim to unbalance the game through unfair behavior" (unbalancing the game through unfair behavior IS cheating, whether that's modding or sandbagging, both being addressed in the same exact post that's solely about cheating). If sandbagging was not cheating, it would not be included in a post that was literally only talking about cheating in general.

Have fun malding bud!
    They never actually came out and said "Sandbagging is cheating." I actually had seen Kabam Mike say it was not cheating but is unsportsmanlike. That's obviously the reason they are going to make adjustments to how this all works but I personally don't see it as cheating either. It doesn't matter to me either way, cause I wasn't partaking in it. Seems like more of a risk than a good payoff. It is fun to beat the sandbaggers though, especially when they don't get good options during the draft.
    edited November 2022

Have fun malding bud!
    They never actually came out and said "Sandbagging is cheating." I actually had seen Kabam Mike say it was not cheating but is unsportsmanlike. That's obviously the reason they are going to make adjustments to how this all works but I personally don't see it as cheating either. It doesn't matter to me either way, cause I wasn't partaking in it. Seems like more of a risk than a good payoff. It is fun to beat the sandbaggers though, especially when they don't get good options during the draft.
    Yes, they didn't literally say "hey if you sandbag you're a cheater", however on the last paragraph it is implied that sandbagging is cheating to a certain extent hence the "this is not the entirety of the plan to combat cheaters, this is just a portion of the journey" right after a paragraph talking about how they're going to be changing matchmaking once again to stop sandbagging. What you said would make sense if it wasn't for the fact that the post was solely about cheating, nothing else. Why throw sandbagging in there if it's not cheating? Makes no sense to me.
    I also want to add that this post was made two weeks ago, they might have changed their views on the matter and see it as cheating now instead of unsportsmanlike. However, they can't just outright come out and say it's cheating because in the end they're the ones allowing it.

Well, if you don't see it as cheating that's your opinion which I respect, there's not a single competition in the world that doesn't see sandbagging as cheating though.