**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Disappointed in Incursions

Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
I had hoped with a new cycle that you would reverse some of the changes you made last month. For me, you’ve ruined this game mode, turned it from a fun diversion into a frustrating and stressful unit grab. I don’t need these rewards any more than the frustration.

At least the EOP fights balance the challenge with worthy rewards. And Battlegrounds store offerings make the new Incursions store look outdated. I’ll spend my time there.

But what do I know? I’m just a dude trying to have fun playing a mobile video game that sometimes seems to hate me, lol.

Comments

• FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Agreed with the comment above - in what way have they ‘ruined’ the mode?
  • Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Definitely agree with some of the node combinations. Since the nodes don't get crazy until after sector 12-15 (IMO), maybe every 5 or so rooms they could add a stackable node swap. Similar to a re-roll but free of charge. It wouldn't make it perfect but at least not force a rage quit or unit dump
  • SoSA__RemakeSoSA__Remake Posts: 135
    Context: If i stay incredibly still, i will become invisible to the human eye.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,209 ★★★★★
    I feel the ally event is such a drag lol
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,159 ★★★★
    Personally I find them tough. With 3 champs its difficult to counter everything, the hazard shift is an example although I know it's possible to play around if you have one immunity. I think the difficulty came with a few new nodes and combining them with new champs but on the flip side it makes it interesting. Will just try one room a week and try different champs, hopefully that makes me better.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    My disappointment was the degen crystal went away. I was hoping it would stay for another cycle, so I will just hold on until they return.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    All I really want is the ability to turn off my hacks. I've been road blocked too often by the thing that's supposed to help me.
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I guess you ran into Iron Doom with armored assault , no retreat and coward node and got blasted 😄
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,567 ★★★★★
    What 6*.crystals does everyone have in their store. Previously , different players had different crystals available. Here’s what I’ve got in my store. There’s some good champs in these crystals but I’m still seeing a good amount of champs that were in the previous crystals.

• Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

How have they ruined it? You didn’t mention any of your grievances.

Sorry, solid point.

They overtuned sectors 7 and 8, which IMO was not necessary bc they added a new harder sector 9. Now getting thru 7 and 8 feels like Act 6 with nodes and champs picked for maximum pain. Rage and Fisticuff nodes in first room, Electro everywhere, etc.

They added a harder sector so why screw with sectors 7 and 8.

For me, Incursions was a fun diversion from the challenging content that i already do. I didn't do it for the rewards before, and it is certainly not worth it now. And it is definitely no fun anymore, for me at least.
    jdeck59 said:

He wants room 25 without using units

100% incorrect, try again.

I guess you ran into Iron Doom with armored assault , no retreat and coward node and got blasted 😄

This is a good example. BTW i have given the new Incursions a lot of chances since it was revised. I have made it past Iron Doom more than once.

There is no incentive for me to play, just disincentive.

I know my experience is not everyone’s, but my guess is that a lot of players will dip their toes in this and decide as I am to spend their time elsewhere in the game.
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    edited November 2022
    I really like solo incursions, but with it only resetting once per month, the shard requirements for a 6* and not being greatly skilled, I would think a full reset should be every two weeks and the alliance based point event should extend that timeframe. However, with those top rewards I don't see that happening.

BGs however, you can do fairly poorly and with the additional quest, win matches/play matches...you don't have to actually do great. It would be nice if they removed the daily quest that has incursions that I usually just reset to a different one and instead put it in a repeat quest like the BG one, with incursion shard rewards.