**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battle grounds season 2 multiplier

Just want to confirm that you are multiplying solo and event score by 3

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    FrankmcocFrankmcoc Posts: 148
    I don’t see where they say that? Last I saw they were multiplying the score by roughly 3
  • Options
    FrankmcocFrankmcoc Posts: 148
    They said season 1 and 2. Then never said they werent
  • Options
    SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    No
  • Options
    e_BULKe_BULK Posts: 21
    I think that in this case all of you are at least partially right. It is true that they mentioned that the scores would be multiplied by 3 in Season 2 here:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/315753/changes-to-battlegrounds-for-season-1-and-2#latest

However, with the changes finally introduced in season 2, they already kind of integrated that multiplier in the structure of the event. Nevertheless, they have not said explicitly that they will not multiply our scores by 3 at the end of the event due to those adjustments, so it seems to me as a legitimate doubt.

It would ve appreciated if mods could clear our doubts here @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax. Thanks.
  • Options
    Sime_JuricSime_Juric Posts: 83
    Frankmcoc said:

Just want to confirm that you are multiplying solo and event score by 3

Thanks

No. That was only for season 1. Season 2 scores have been adjusted. You get 3x the points for using elder marks as you do for using energy
  • Options

e_BULK said:

I think that in this case all of you are at least partially right. It is true that they mentioned that the scores would be multiplied by 3 in Season 2 here:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/315753/changes-to-battlegrounds-for-season-1-and-2#latest

However, with the changes finally introduced in season 2, they already kind of integrated that multiplier in the structure of the event. Nevertheless, they have not said explicitly that they will not multiply our scores by 3 at the end of the event due to those adjustments, so it seems to me as a legitimate doubt.

It would ve appreciated if mods could clear our doubts here @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax. Thanks.

It said the multiplier would “persist into season 2”… I think the multiplier has already been applied from the getgo in season 2… I am at roughly the same place in victory track as I have been at the end of last season, and last season I had about 30k points in the solo event, now I am at 109k…

So my best guess is there will not be an additional multiplier…
    That is a solid point, and I think it is the most probable scenario. I just wanted to ask so we did not have to rely on guessing.
  • Options
    Sean_WhoSean_Who Posts: 618 ★★★
    Why would they increase them? They increased last season to get them in line with the points structure – nothing has changed this time.
  • Options
    Confusion may be in the wording “will persist into season 2”.
    While it is clear to most, I guess someone could misinterpret that to mean the end-of-season multiplier will persist (that's NOT how it was meant to be interpreted).

And wondering “well, they did NOT specifically say that it would NOT be multiplied by 3” again.
    They also didn’t say that it won’t be multiplied by 10 this time. Or by 20 this time.

If read as intended, the multiplier was just for season 1.
    If they wanted a continuing multiplier to still be applied, then they would have increased the points by another 3 times for season 2 during the course of the whole season, on top of what they already increased things by (instead of waiting until end of season and multiplying it again).
  • Options
    PetieCameronPetieCameron Posts: 260
    They did say they was multiplying season 1 & season 2
  • Options
    PetieCameronPetieCameron Posts: 260

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    I think the confusing part is if the new point structure is here to stay as is for season 3, then it still needs to be multiplied. If the structure is to be changed (or lowered) for season 3 then yes we got the multiplier throughout season 2.

I don’t think they have to multiply the scores by any means but giving people clarity on the point structure going forward would be helpful.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    edited November 2022
    I don't believe that there will be a multiplier at the end of this season. Kabam clearly looked at how few milestones were getting hit in Season 1 and then decided that they would multiply everyone's score by 3 for that season and then changed the scoring output for season 2. Even if it's just anecdotal evidence, it's very clear that far more milestones are being hit this season and clearly aligns much closer to what they intended.

Edit: I am going to add, I wouldn't be completely surprised if they added a very small point multiplier for the fact that BGs appears to have ended early but certainly not a 3x multiplier. Maybe add 10% to everyone's score tops.
  • Options
    All right, seems I did understood it wrong. Sorry if I made someone doubt about it, and thank you all for your insight.