**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Biggest Champion fall down the ranks?

ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,140 ★★★★★
edited November 2022 in General Discussion
Which champ do you think had the biggest fall off in overall ranking in the game? This could be from being outdated, being nerfed, being overshadowed by better champs etc. My choice is Dr. Strange.
Pre 12.0 he was pretty much top of the game, then in a Thanos like snap we went right down to almost completely useless. I can't think of a bigger fall from Grace.

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Shang Chi when he released could infinitely stun the opponent. Now, he’s still an incredible champion. But going from the undisputed best champion with infinite stun lock in the game to anything less is some sort of a drop. Still top 5 skill arguably
  • DrenlinDrenlin Posts: 787 ★★★
    How early on could Shang Chi do that? I got him as soon as he was released in basic and that wasn’t possible at that point so it must’ve been balanced pretty early?
  • I'd say Scarlet Witch because she received 2 heavy nerfs. She is still good but she has fallen from the top twice
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★
    edited November 2022
    Have to agree with OP on Dr Strange. He was either #1 or #2 champ in game with SW being the other. Some might say Star Lord was in the mix as best as well. Dr Strange is near the bottom now. Others mentioned above had falls but not as far from top to bottom.
  • spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 456 ★★★
    Drenlin said:

How early on could Shang Chi do that? I got him as soon as he was released in basic and that wasn’t possible at that point so it must’ve been balanced pretty early?

I believe his SP1 also refreshed his strikes in the beginning. So following a MLLLM combo with SP1 would put the opponent in a stun loop.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,071 ★★★★★
    Quake ಥ⁠_⁠ಥ
  • AdokAdok Posts: 274 ★★
    I'd argue Hela since for the first like few hours when she released she could kill LoL opponents in one special two with ease.
  • RobbieRampageRobbieRampage Posts: 144 ★★
    Other than actual nerfs I'd say Ghost Rider. Blade and Spidey are still useful, Blade more niche use and for his regen, but nobody ranks up GR anymore.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    I will go with Domino.
  • Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 936 ★★★★★
    Star Lord was pretty OP king for a while. Does anyone want to pull a Star Lord these days?
  • SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    Blade pehaps.. once a top 1, now i can barely see ppl use him anywhere
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    CMM maybe
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    edited November 2022
    OG Thor after his nerf
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,766 ★★★★★
    Strange. And it's not even close. Went from literally top 2 in the game to bottom rung still even with over 220 champs in game.
  • AnlyAnly Posts: 615 ★★
    Moleman
    Anly said:

Moleman

Sorry but thats just wrong. He was fixed. Yes it took a long time, but it was never intended to work the way he was before the fix. He's still in the upper echelon of his class though even after the fix.
    Buttehrs said:

Anly said:

Moleman

Sorry but thats just wrong. He was fixed. Yes it took a long time, but it was never intended to work the way he was before the fix. He's still in the upper echelon of his class though even after the fix.
    @Buttehrs Dosent matter if it was intended to work like that or not it was around for so long and it wasnt overpowered shouldve just kept it

He is no where near a top champ in his class anymore and even if he was the fall off is pretty steep so it dosent matter people are just gonna have to accept that he's just another champ that's only good on a select few nodes he's lost his viability in every mode in the game his only real usage is defense in bg's
    Anly said:

Buttehrs said:

Anly said:

Moleman

@Buttehrs Dosent matter if it was intended to work like that or not it was around for so long and it wasnt overpowered shouldve just kept it

He is no where near a top champ in his class anymore and even if he was the fall off is pretty steep so it dosent matter people are just gonna have to accept that he's just another champ that's only good on a select few nodes he's lost his viability in every mode in the game his only real usage is defense in bg's
    Still wrong on all levels. I took him to r3 after his fix and he still slays almost anything he goes up against. Yes, kingpin and Shang chi are better but thats fine. Just because the bug was around that long doesn't mean it should have stayed. Perhaps if you use him the say he supposed to be used you'd understand but because you used him solely because he was broken you got spoiled. That's your own fault, not kabams.
  • Mhd20034Mhd20034 Posts: 159

Namor and Cull both got a hard smack by Kabam. They were all people talked about when they came out, but now they both have become quite niche.

I am still baffled by the nerf to namor’s regen on his specials but at least they brought his old bleed chance back with the Attuma synergy.
  • Shang Chi when he released could infinitely stun the opponent. Now, he’s still an incredible champion. But going from the undisputed best champion with infinite stun lock in the game to anything less is some sort of a drop. Still top 5 skill arguably

Silver Centurion had an infinite combo for a few days due to the recovery window on his 4th light I think. They patched it out a few days after someone discovered it.

I think Doctor Strange fell the hardest, though. He’s not exactly unusable, but no one would want to use him for any piece of content in the game, yet he used to be so good.
    Buttehrs said:

Anly said:

Buttehrs said:

Anly said:

Moleman

Still wrong on all levels. I took him to r3 after his fix and he still slays almost anything he goes up against. Yes, kingpin and Shang chi are better but thats fine. Just because the bug was around that long doesn't mean it should have stayed. Perhaps if you use him the say he supposed to be used you'd understand but because you used him solely because he was broken you got spoiled. That's your own fault, not kabams.
    @Buttehrs I dont care if you ranked him that dosent make him any better, you can make all the impractical rank ups you want it wont change my mind.

Yes because it was around for so long and wasnt broken it shouldve stayed, either fix it within the first week or leave it alone

I did "use him the way he was supposed to be used" and thats why i ranked him down and used that iso to rank a better champ and i have not regretted it since, it dosent matter if i was spoiled or not that dosent mean he dosent suck now and i wasnt spoiled i already have a nick that can do what he used to do and do it better and more ontop of that, i dont really care it was just a pointless nerf and it ended up costing him and theres no reason for me to use a lesser version of a champ i already have.
    Buttehrs said:

Anly said:

Buttehrs said:

Anly said:

Moleman

Buttehrs said:

Anly said:

Buttehrs said:

Anly said:

Moleman

@Buttehrs I dont care if you ranked him that dosent make him any better you can make all the impractical rank ups you want it wont change my mind

Yes because it was around for so long and wasnt broken it shouldve stayed, either fix it within the first week or leave it alone

I did "use him the way he was supposed to be used" and thats why i ranked him down and used that iso to rank a better champ and i have not regretted it since, it dosent matter if i was spoiled or not that dosent mean he dosent suck now and i wasnt spoiled i already have a nick that can do what he used to do and do it better and more ontop of that, i dont really care it was just a pointless nerf and it ended up costing him and theres no reason for me to use a lesser version of a champ i already have.