Options

Opinions On Relics

DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
Personally, I don't really care for them that much...

Comments

• Options
    BazzingaaaBazzingaaa Posts: 357 ★★★
    It will take some time to work out the best pairings, but I feel the runes abilities are the best aspect of relics. They can make some champs quite op.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,298 ★★★★★
    I've been a fan of Strikers since they came, so I'm cool with it so far. It will take some time to develop a preference.
  • Options
    spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 463 ★★★
    It's a little early to form a concrete opinion, but so far I like em
  • Options
    DragonMCOCDragonMCOC Posts: 528 ★★★
    Still to early for definitive statements in my humble opinion; just trying to find joy in something new to the game :)
  • Options
    Crys23 said:

I hate them. Whenever I see a trace of them in-game I'm filled with disgust.
    Horrible, horrible addition. If they end up killing the game, I wouldn't be that upset.

Isn't that a tad extreme?
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Jaded said:

They monetized it quickly and way too costly imo

Then overly complicated, having to try resources for a completely different object to rank up. Gold, ember, alloy, runes? So many moving wheels. It would have been better if it was more simplified.

It's literally the same upgrade system as Champions with different terms. Alloys are catalysts, embers are Iso, and Celestial alloys are alpha catalysts.
    Yeah I never said it was different, I said overly complicated to manage all the different resources. It says “try” But I meant “manage” lol.

They would have been more effective if they didn’t follow the same rank up/upgrade method that champions have. Keep it simple.

Here’s your relic and you need 1 thing to upgrade it.
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,588 ★★★★★

I've been a fan of Strikers since they came, so I'm cool with it so far. It will take some time to develop a preference.

I do like the idea of strikers and enjoyed using them when they brought them in at the start of the year. My peeve with relics is their usage in competitive modes being allowed 😒
  • Options
    acp1629acp1629 Posts: 19
    I wish I could get them to work. Right now, when I go to the champions/relic screen, the game crashes. Not only can I not use them but now I can't even see my champs.
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 757 ★★★★

Crys23 said:

Horrible, horrible addition. If they end up killing the game, I wouldn't be that upset.

Man, I've been playing for almost 8 years and I've put a lot of time and effort into growing my account and skill. 15.9K prestige before relics, top half of Master AW, top 150 BGs last season, top 100 of act6 and act7 legend runs and almost every worthwhile champ is part of my roster.

Relics just make a mockery of all that effort and time investment. I'm so invested in the game at this point that I don't think I can just quit. Plus, I've made a lot of friends along the way and I enjoy playing with them. But if the game were to just die out, I'd be ok with it. (I've also recently upgraded my PC's graphics card, so my "gaming needs" would be satisfied another way).
  • Options
    Crys23 said:

Crys23 said:

Man, I've been playing for almost 8 years and I've put a lot of time and effort into growing my account and skill. 15.9K prestige before relics, top half of Master AW, top 150 BGs last season, top 100 of act6 and act7 legend runs and almost every worthwhile champ is part of my roster.

Relics just make a mockery of all that effort and time investment. I'm so invested in the game at this point that I don't think I can just quit. Plus, I've made a lot of friends along the way and I enjoy playing with them. But if the game were to just die out, I'd be ok with it. (I've also recently upgraded my PC's graphics card, so my "gaming needs" would be satisfied another way).
    I appreciate that's how you feel, but the game is always going to introduce some nuance that requires more effort. There really is no "End-Game" status, in a manner of speaking. It's an ongoing process of always reaching for the next goal.