**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mastery 2.0 update?

L_217L_217 Posts: 109 ★★

Don't know if a thread on this already exists, but bringing it up since I haven't heard much on this. It's slated for this year so any news on a delay would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Kyllak11Kyllak11 Posts: 97
    I hope we hear something
  • Options
    Trafalgarwar96Trafalgarwar96 Posts: 466 ★★★
    Forgive them😅🤣
  • Options
    Ravens20Ravens20 Posts: 77
    interested to see what kabam response to this, hopefully thats in december update, ill even take AW mastery layouts similar to Battle Grounds, but less unit cost atlease half if not free.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,836 ★★★★★

Ravens20 said:

interested to see what kabam response to this, hopefully thats in december update, ill even take AW mastery layouts similar to Battle Grounds, but less unit cost atlease half if not free.

I would gladly pay 1k units to have a suicide and non suicide load out to instantly change for free
    100%
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    There’s been countless threads asking for an update. Either Kabam has given up on this or it’s far off schedule they don’t want to give us an update until they are ready to launch. I think most people would prefer earlier communication to let’s us know what’s happening, even if it’s news it’s been delayed or even cancelled. I personally don’t think you can over communicate on this. Same as Wish Crystals. I don’t think we’ll get an update though.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    I don't see masteries 2.0 happening until late next year, if ever. They added relics and all their associated complications instead.

Adding a reimagining of masteries on top of that right away would be a supremely bugged out nightmare of unintended interactions unless they stuck to keeping any enhancements within the established capability boundaries. If they were only going to do that, there's really no point in doing it at all given the effort needed and the resources taken away from something else.

• Options
    Love how people are talking about it saying kabam has only a month left, but doesn't that same post also say relics coming 2021?
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★

I don't see masteries 2.0 happening until late next year, if ever. They added relics and all their associated complications instead.

Adding a reimagining of masteries on top of that right away would be a supremely bugged out nightmare of unintended interactions unless they stuck to keeping any enhancements within the established capability boundaries. If they were only going to do that, there's really no point in doing it at all given the effort needed and the resources taken away from something else.

If they are coming late next year, hopefully they'll do a small QoL change in the meantime like adding arrows so you can put all 5 points into precision/cruelty at once rather than clicking through them one at a time.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    Crazy that we still don’t have mastery presets in 2022
  • Options
    tusharNairtusharNair Posts: 289 ★★

Why not just remove the cost till mastery 2.0 comes, I mean why pay for something you have already unlocked. There are so many areas people spend units and money on now, Removing mastery cost won't break the game it has been done before so kabaam can make it permanent since mastery 2.0 is nowhere to be found.

This...please
  • Options
    FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    Ravens20 said:

If they were going to respond they would’ve already with their hours of opportunity to do so. Unfortunately they will probably just let the conversation fizzle out as they do every other time it comes up.
  • Options

Ravens20 said:

If they were going to respond they would’ve already with their hours of opportunity to do so. Unfortunately they will probably just let the conversation fizzle out as they do every other time it comes up.
    I'm afraid you may be right on this i rather them not mention these things than to add it to their yearly diary and we're almost done with the year and i don't see one mention about adding this and what's crazy is this would be such a huge player move, makes me wonder if they have sit down and say hey guys what's one thing the player base would love to have I'M sure either free masteries or masteries layouts would be number 1 and prob a Sentry BUFF. If i get a penny for every time i see BUFF sentry in the forums or Groot ill be 100 dollars richer lol
  • Options
    Ravens20 said:

Ravens20 said:

I'm afraid you may be right on this i rather them not mention these things than to add it to their yearly diary and we're almost done with the year and i don't see one mention about adding this and what's crazy is this would be such a huge player move, makes me wonder if they have sit down and say hey guys what's one thing the player base would love to have I'M sure either free masteries or masteries layouts would be number 1 and prob a Sentry BUFF. If i get a penny for every time i see BUFF sentry in the forums or Groot ill be 100 dollars richer lol
    I'm just going to say this once. You're part of the problem people who are the reason why kabam stopped doing the dev diaries. Because you expect it to be the law of kabam production and you don't expect them to waver from it in the slightest.

The dev diaries are there to show the community the ideas the devs have for the game. These are their goals and ideas, however, when implementing them, it might take longer than planned. Also when trying to implement them, they might find out that it isn't possible and they'll scrap the idea. Thus the reason we never got wish crystals. It never was their timeline of stuff they were definitely adding to the game.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Ravens20 said:

Ravens20 said:

I'm just going to say this once. You're part of the problem people who are the reason why kabam stopped doing the dev diaries. Because you expect it to be the law of kabam production and you don't expect them to waver from it in the slightest.

The dev diaries are there to show the community the ideas the devs have for the game. These are their goals and ideas, however, when implementing them, it might take longer than planned. Also when trying to implement them, they might find out that it isn't possible and they'll scrap the idea. Thus the reason we never got wish crystals. It never was their timeline of stuff they were definitely adding to the game.
    Valid points i wont disagree with, i guess making mastery change free will cost the game to crash was not aware of that.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    I was correct. Another thread asking for information on something we’ve been waiting for nearly 4 years is ignored. February 2019 Dorky Dave interview we were told about mastery updates. We’ve been waiting for 45 months.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,727 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Ravens20 said:

Ravens20 said:

True, things don't always work out as intended, but it would be nice to have an update on where they are at or if the feature will be scrapped, etc.
  • Options
    KeonexKeonex Posts: 300 ★★★
    Can we please have an update on the promised mastery 2.0
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    Keonex said:

Can we please have an update on the promised mastery 2.0

Now that relics are out, I think they're basically Masteries 2.0. Today's relics are puny and nearly worthless like Strength, Vitality, and Wisdom, and soon they'll work their way up to Double Edge, Assassin, and Resonate potency and value.
  • Options
    Atomic_TomAtomic_Tom Posts: 19
    I really boored change masteries.I think it would be better if Kabam simplified existing tasks instead of bringing in new innovations . Also, I think there should be a separate mastery save section in the arena section. As in BG!
  • Options
    KeonexKeonex Posts: 300 ★★★
    I just don’t like being promised something then have no information about it, If they decided against it they should have communicated it with us.

what’s the point of doing your gonna do something if you’re not