**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

BG matchmaking is horrible and I'm sick of it.

2»

Comments

• Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★

I have a similar roster to u OP(with a handful of extra ranked champs) and i would say that it has been tough this season as compared to the last two and i have just managed to climb to g1.
    But one thing i can from my experience is that matchmaking is not that bad for mid tier accounts like ours. I have mostly matched against 1.7-2.5 mil rating accounts which i dont consider extremely lopsided matches and i havent faced any sandbagger since crossing bronze.
    But i disagree about 5/65 not being useful in bgs. Majority of my defence is 5/65 or r2 6* and they do get me defensive wins. Sure its getting harder but u gotta try and outplay the opponent

I'm constantly matching against Paragons with a dozen or so r4. An r5 will die faster and take longer especially for champs like Korg, Manthing, Rintrah, Hulking and Mangog.

An r4 Rintrah has 64k base hp. Unless you're using Mr. Negative, it's almost always a timeout.
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Chikel said:

I have a similar roster to u OP(with a handful of extra ranked champs) and i would say that it has been tough this season as compared to the last two and i have just managed to climb to g1.
    But one thing i can from my experience is that matchmaking is not that bad for mid tier accounts like ours. I have mostly matched against 1.7-2.5 mil rating accounts which i dont consider extremely lopsided matches and i havent faced any sandbagger since crossing bronze.
    But i disagree about 5/65 not being useful in bgs. Majority of my defence is 5/65 or r2 6* and they do get me defensive wins. Sure its getting harder but u gotta try and outplay the opponent

I'm constantly matching against Paragons with a dozen or so r4. An r5 will die faster and take longer especially for champs like Korg, Manthing, Rintrah, Hulking and Mangog.

An r4 Rintrah has 64k base hp. Unless you're using Mr. Negative, it's almost always a timeout.
    Sorry but that’s just absurd and completely made up…maybe a couple matches here and there against really strong accounts but consistently matching against paragons with a dozen or so r4 is not gonna happen with ur(and mine) roster size.
  • Options
    LiLbee2LiLbee2 Posts: 36
    Chikel said:

IamGrO_ot said:

Bugmat78 said:

IamGrO_ot said:

I see you have a 1.9 million account, which maybe means that even though you have 3 R4s, your deck might lack some depth.

The alternative is to run your 15 best R4s and R3s in combination with 2*s, which everyone is currently doing, and meet players who do the same. You might have a better chance that way.

You shouldn't encourage sandbagging.

OP , one option is to just use a weaker deck overall (not the same as sandbagging) and match up to decks at equal strength eg all 4* or all 5*.

Another is just wait until the bigger accounts have progressed to the gladiator track. It will mean possibly missing out in some of the 48 hour objectives, but will be less stressful matching when the big whales are higher up.
    In bronze and silver I ran 2*s only, 3*s only and 4*s only decks, and it worked fine. Then I ended up in gold, facing 9 sandbaggers where 8 got enough R3s (at least 4) against my 4*s only deck. It was like 1 lamb against a pack of hungry wolves. So I decided to become a wolf myself. 40+ fights later, I've only met 2 players who aren't sandbaggers.

I'm in Diamant2 now, and I don't stress about the process. I run only on free energy and free elder marks from progression.

I will be in the GC during the coming week, zero stress or pressure, zero units or $ used.

It is not my job to change sandbagging, but those in charge does little or nothing about it. We are in season 3, they’ve been given enough time to fix it imo. So IDGAFA.

Just enjoy the ride 🏍️💨
    I have always been against sandbagging and avoided it. But if it's the only way to avoid being crushed by the whale accounts, why not? I didn't make the rules and there's no fun in losing
    The example you posted is not a whale account. You are just poor player and dont deserve the rear

Chikel said:

Sorry but that’s just absurd and completely made up…maybe a couple matches here and there against really strong accounts but consistently matching against paragons with a dozen or so r4 is not gonna happen with ur(and mine) roster size.
    I mean if he played only 1-2 matches and both against such accounts. Then his statement of constantly matching holds 🤣
  • Options
    LiLbee2 said:

Chikel said:

IamGrO_ot said:

Bugmat78 said:

IamGrO_ot said:

I see you have a 1.9 million account, which maybe means that even though you have 3 R4s, your deck might lack some depth.

The alternative is to run your 15 best R4s and R3s in combination with 2*s, which everyone is currently doing, and meet players who do the same. You might have a better chance that way.

You shouldn't encourage sandbagging.

OP , one option is to just use a weaker deck overall (not the same as sandbagging) and match up to decks at equal strength eg all 4* or all 5*.

Another is just wait until the bigger accounts have progressed to the gladiator track. It will mean possibly missing out in some of the 48 hour objectives, but will be less stressful matching when the big whales are higher up.
    In bronze and silver I ran 2*s only, 3*s only and 4*s only decks, and it worked fine. Then I ended up in gold, facing 9 sandbaggers where 8 got enough R3s (at least 4) against my 4*s only deck. It was like 1 lamb against a pack of hungry wolves. So I decided to become a wolf myself. 40+ fights later, I've only met 2 players who aren't sandbaggers.

I'm in Diamant2 now, and I don't stress about the process. I run only on free energy and free elder marks from progression.

I will be in the GC during the coming week, zero stress or pressure, zero units or $ used.

It is not my job to change sandbagging, but those in charge does little or nothing about it. We are in season 3, they’ve been given enough time to fix it imo. So IDGAFA.

Just enjoy the ride 🏍️💨
    I have always been against sandbagging and avoided it. But if it's the only way to avoid being crushed by the whale accounts, why not? I didn't make the rules and there's no fun in losing
    The example you posted is not a whale account. You are just poor player and dont deserve the rear

Chikel said:

I mean if he played only 1-2 matches and both against such accounts. Then his statement of constantly matching holds 🤣
    I made it to the gladiator's circuit last season but I'm suddenly a poor player this season 🤡 I'm not sure you realize how ridiculous that sounds
  • Options

Chikel said:

I wish it was. I sure as hell don't get paid to post here and would love to go back to playing the game like I've been doing for months.

You're awfully confident in that assertion though. Do you have some inside knowledge into Kabam's matchmaking you'd like to share?
  • Options
    ValrozValroz Posts: 185 ★★
    I would be ashamed to sandbag if I had this kind of roster.

But this guy sandbagged anyway.

There was just no way to win against this unless he gets at least 4 2* pulls.

That’s why Battlegrounds should really be renamed to Battlerosters.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★

Honest question: Why do low players feel like they deserve to get favorable matches with they're in the same division as higher players and fighting for the same rewards? If you can't beat a player with half a deck, in your same division, why do you deserve to move up and not them?

I've been asking this since season 1. So many low players have so strongly convinced themselves that matches are supposed to be "fair" and that strong players shouldn't face weak players, but why do they think this? I've never seen Kabam say anything even remotely resemble this.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,056 ★★★★★

Honest question: Why do low players feel like they deserve to get favorable matches with they're in the same division as higher players and fighting for the same rewards? If you can't beat a player with half a deck, in your same division, why do you deserve to move up and not them?

I'm not sure whom are your referring here. There are pargons with smaller roster like op, who are in bottom tiers facing each other. And there are tbs and *some other title* who don't ever want to face people with bigger roosters.
    Facing stronger opponents is overall ok, but the current matchmaking, wich obviously takes your roster into consideration, is not.
  • Options
    whyme_why6whyme_why6 Posts: 75

Ya man i get stuff like this and i only have 3 r3s and i just get completely impossible people to win against to the point bg is not fun at all
  • Options
    Aleor said:

I'm not sure whom are your referring here. There are pargons with smaller roster like op, who are in bottom tiers facing each other. And there are tbs and *some other title* who don't ever want to face people with bigger roosters.
    Facing stronger opponents is overall ok, but the current matchmaking, wich obviously takes your roster into consideration, is not.
    I agree that the current matchmaking system isn't okay as roster and pi and prestige should have nothing to do with matchmaking. Everyone in same tier should be eligible to face each other. This then automatically stop sandbagging and roster manipulation.
  • Options
    whyme_why6whyme_why6 Posts: 75

Aleor said:

I agree that the current matchmaking system isn't okay as roster and pi and prestige should have nothing to do with matchmaking. Everyone in same tier should be eligible to face each other. This then automatically stop sandbagging and roster manipulation.
    I mean it will still happen tho because someone with alot of r4 thats in bronze will just win every fight
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    edited November 2022
    Chikel said:

Chikel said:

I wish it was. I sure as hell don't get paid to post here and would love to go back to playing the game like I've been doing for months.

You're awfully confident in that assertion though. Do you have some inside knowledge into Kabam's matchmaking you'd like to share?
    My confidence in that assertion comes from playing this game mode since it’s official launch and progressing from tb to paragon between season 1 and 2…it was a bit of an upward curve between my opponents as tb and as paragon but not something extremely drastic.
    I do face 3-4 mil accounts here and there and I have managed to snag a couple wins against them this season but some matches u know that u are gonna lose so just gotta look forward to the next one. But as I said most of my opponents have been in the range of 1.5-2.5 mil since season 1
  • Options

Aleor said:

I mean it will still happen tho because someone with alot of r4 thats in bronze will just win every fight
    And that's how it should be if Kabam has us all starting in the same place every season (which most agree would be one of most logical solutions to change).

But if we are all fighting for same rewards, it should be open game based on tier just like AW. If we all start in bronze 3 every season does this mean an ugly first week or two for lower players, it sure does. However it would even put fairly quickly as all the stronger players would move up way faster then they currently do under very flawed current system.

This flawed current system is what is causing stronger players to sandbag or roster manipulation as they don't want to take 2 weeks to just get out of silver which because they are stuck playing only the top players.
  • Options
    IamGrO_otIamGrO_ot Posts: 172 ★★

New week, new opportunities, +50 new 6* sig stones... soon 200 sig 🥰
  • Options

Interesting question. Replace BG with AW and you know why. Every other competitive game mode has divisions for a reason. Starting everyone at zero is a bad idea and I honestly don't see the benefit. If we are all using the same roster as some people have suggested, it would make sense. Otherwise, it doesn't.
  • Options

Chikel said:

Chikel said:

My confidence in that assertion comes from playing this game mode since it’s official launch and progressing from tb to paragon between season 1 and 2…it was a bit of an upward curve between my opponents as tb and as paragon but not something extremely drastic.
    I do face 3-4 mil accounts here and there and I have managed to snag a couple wins against them this season but some matches u know that u are gonna lose so just gotta look forward to the next one. But as I said most of my opponents have been in the range of 1.5-2.5 mil since season 1
    Lucky you. I'm similar to you except that I progressed from TB to Paragon from S2-3. Like I said, matchmaking was fair for most of it. I get some fair fights, fight some people weaker than me and occasional, those stronger. It went slightly wonky after my 2nd r4 but that was at the end of the season, and I thought it's just the high rank I was in. Now with my 3rd, it has gone fully extreme.

If you check my post history, you will notice I've made no complaints about matchmaking until recently. I'm not sure why I would start making things up. The truth is I'm facing a ton of people with sometimes a dozen r4 (Not always obviously but the frequency has gone radically up)
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Competing for the same Rewards doesn't entitle people to deliberately take advantage of the Matchmaking criteria, to get easier Matches. That argument is a fallacy.
  • Options

I've been asking this since season 1. So many low players have so strongly convinced themselves that matches are supposed to be "fair" and that strong players shouldn't face weak players, but why do they think this? I've never seen Kabam say anything even remotely resemble this.
    You're the only one I see "convinced" of that. I wouldn't enjoy crushing some UC and Cav folks and I don't think it's fair to them to be constantly matched against me. "Fair" means getting a decent matchup of players your level, weaker or stronger. Anything that veers too much in any of the 3 directions is obviously not "fair" to one or both players.

AW has tiers and doesn't reset everyone to zero to avoid these complaints. How many AW matchmaking complaints have you seen recently compared to BG? If many people are complaining about something, I like to think that there's a problem somewhere
  • Options

We need confirmation from Kabam on what their intention is towards BGs, based on equal rosters, or a free for all?
    If they just answer this question we can know if it's actually working as intended or not and put these arguments to bed.

Exactly.
  • Options
    Chikel said:

You're the only one I see "convinced" of that. I wouldn't enjoy crushing some UC and Cav folks and I don't think it's fair to them to be constantly matched against me. "Fair" means getting a decent matchup of players your level, weaker or stronger. Anything that veers too much in any of the 3 directions is obviously not "fair" to one or both players.

AW has tiers and doesn't reset everyone to zero to avoid these complaints. How many AW matchmaking complaints have you seen recently compared to BG? If many people are complaining about something, I like to think that there's a problem somewhere
    I've literally said several times they should try a structure similar to that in AW. Everyone in each tier is eligible to go against each other without pi or prestige being a factor. The main thing they need to figure out is how to start us off in separate tiers at the beginning of each season, similar to AW.

You singled on on one piece of the argument and completely ignored the rest which makes what I'm saying pretty much what you are saying.

Everyone in AW competes for same rewards. Everyone in one specific tier can face anyone in that tier. Alliances do NOT start all at see place at new season. We've seen all alliances start at same starting place and it was Exactly the same as what this happening now at the start of each BG season.

We've also seen in AW when they matched alliances based on prestige. It was a disaster and quickly abandoned. It causes week noob alliances to place extremely high in AW and get better rewards than alliances fae better than them.

If someone cannot be at a player, why should they get the same or better rewards than that player?
  • Options

Chikel said:

I've literally said several times they should try a structure similar to that in AW. Everyone in each tier is eligible to go against each other without pi or prestige being a factor. The main thing they need to figure out is how to start us off in separate tiers at the beginning of each season, similar to AW.

You singled on on one piece of the argument and completely ignored the rest which makes what I'm saying pretty much what you are saying.

Everyone in AW competes for same rewards. Everyone in one specific tier can face anyone in that tier. Alliances do NOT start all at see place at new season. We've seen all alliances start at same starting place and it was Exactly the same as what this happening now at the start of each BG season.

We've also seen in AW when they matched alliances based on prestige. It was a disaster and quickly abandoned. It causes week noob alliances to place extremely high in AW and get better rewards than alliances fae better than them.

If someone cannot be at a player, why should they get the same or better rewards than that player?
    I'm replying to what you said there not other arguments you have made elsewhere. I'm not sure what led you to believe that "So many low players have so strongly convinced themselves that matches are supposed to be "fair" and that strong players shouldn't face weak players"

My entire post is that the current matchmaking system sucks. How you came to that conclusion from it is beyond me.
  • Options
    Chikel said:

Chikel said:

I'm replying to what you said there not other arguments you have made elsewhere. I'm not sure what led you to believe that "So many low players have so strongly convinced themselves that matches are supposed to be "fair" and that strong players shouldn't face weak players"

My entire post is that the current matchmaking system sucks. How you came to that conclusion from it is beyond me.
    You clearly haven't been reading the other threads and posts and this argument is constant. Multiple low players publicly complain almost everytime they get matched with someone stronger than them despite being in the same tier.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    BGs aren't War
  • Options
    _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 216 ★★★
    It's pretty simple, if player A wins a match against player B (as long as they aren't modding), then player A should be further ahead in battlegrounds, be it with full roster, half a roster or a lower star roster.

While everyone starts from the same point it should be a free for all, but hopefully they will see sense and stratify things, either through starting points, or just separate out leagues and rewards.