**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Got reparried by an ai in bg’s

I’m not sure if it’s an input issues (which are still very prevalent in bgs despite being around for nearly a year) like I waited to long to attack or something but I got reparried by a peni parker and it cost me the game, what even is this game anymore

Comments

• Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    i'll take a guess that you used someone with 2 hit mediums?
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    Lpoo said:

I know that I get disagree bombed each time, but I genuinely don’t think that the AI should be able to parry at all

Let me just say this: I don’t necessarily mind them being able to Parry. I do mind what the OP is describing — there’s something hinky going on in BGs with the AI and how it does it
  • Options
    0casual00casual0 Posts: 457 ★★★
    Wait I thought the AI in BG and War can parry you because the player has a parry mastery. Is that wrong?
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★

i'll take a guess that you used someone with 2 hit mediums?

I had to bench BWDO because of how often this happens.
  • Options
    LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★

Lpoo said:

I know that I get disagree bombed each time, but I genuinely don’t think that the AI should be able to parry at all

I lold and agree with this. If a human being can parry like me, that’s skillz. However, a parry is a perfect block, which an AI can do so effortlessly and intentionally that we would be blown into oblivion if they tried to do it each time. Perfect block away, but don’t penalize us when an AI does it to perfection
  • Options
    Lpoo said:

Lpoo said:

I lold and agree with this. If a human being can parry like me, that’s skillz. However, a parry is a perfect block, which an AI can do so effortlessly and intentionally that we would be blown into oblivion if they tried to do it each time. Perfect block away, but don’t penalize us when an AI does it to perfection
    A parry is a well-timed block. The only time the AI will actually react to you to well-time block is if they dash back and you light attack and they walk up to you and you try attacking them. Other than that they will typically just parry or intercept you when you try to punish a special too late or one you can't punish.
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    ESF said:

Lpoo said:

Let me just say this: I don’t necessarily mind them being able to Parry. I do mind what the OP is describing — there’s something hinky going on in BGs with the AI and how it does it
    Being Parried is fine but being Reparried is not
    I don't think the AI should be able to reparry or dex
    Unfortunately the AI is doing both these things at an increasing rate these days