**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Nice little Synergy surprise from the new update

ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

All five of the original Guardians of the Galaxy now have team synergies with each other. Long overdue but I'm finally glad to have it.

I hope this could be the start of adding some other well-known team synergies into the game like the full Sinister Six, full Avengers and even the Defenders.

Comments

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

Full Sinister 6 synergy team might be a tad difficult to achieve.

True but kind of like what they're doing now with Mantis, you can make it interchangeable so that way as long as you have any five members of this team, they get a nice little bonus for being a #Sinister Six
  • This is an awesome synergy, I like it.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,204 ★★★★★
    Groot and Drax buff?
  • GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 485 ★★★
    Yeah. This is pretty cool. Not that it will necessarily make any of them gamebreaking (though Starlord, Gamora, and Rocket may be more fun to play), but this is a nice damage buff for the team. Now I'll be more likely to play the "Guardian Usage" event. Hopefully this still means some of the non-buffed Guardians will be getting one in 2023.
    GMAX77 said:

Yeah. This is pretty cool. Not that it will necessarily make any of them gamebreaking (though Starlord, Gamora, and Rocket may be more fun to play), but this is a nice damage buff for the team. Now I'll be more likely to play the "Guardian Usage" event. Hopefully this still means some of the non-buffed Guardians will be getting one in 2023.

Agreed that it isn't a game breaking Synergy but it's definitely nice to see a little more power in their punches and hopefully it is a sign that they'll be at least a couple more Guardian Buffs on the docket next year
  • MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    Add mantis to the team would be interesting.
  • MoeyTehrMoeyTehr Posts: 429 ★★
    ...and yet Nebula and Yondu still don't have #Guardian tags despite their synergy with Mantis. :(
    MoeyTehr said:

...and yet Nebula and Yondu still don't have #Guardian tags despite their synergy with Mantis. :(

It's because they're technically classified as Mercenaries going off of how the relationships were in the first film
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★

All five of the original Guardians of the Galaxy now have team synergies with each other. Long overdue but I'm finally glad to have it.

I hope this could be the start of adding some other well-known team synergies into the game like the full Sinister Six, full Avengers and even the Defenders.

Excellent! Thanks for pointing this out—there have been some folks asking for this for a seemingly long time so this is a welcome change.

Dr. Zola
  • DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 402 ★★★
    Since it's a unique synergy on each does it stack? If so that's a pretty solid boost.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

Words cannot express how desperately I want this to happen — I understand that the Battlerealm is its own reality, but at the same time, these kinds of synergies are really nice nods to the lore that made some of us care in the first place

I have been critical of the concept of Synergies being used to make a character “good.” But I have always loved the FF synergies and the Heralds

There would be team synergies for the original X-Men, the All-New/All-Different era of X-Men,
    the Avengers, the Defenders, and even the Invaders, as well as the Sinister Six, if I had my way
  • PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,635 Guardian
    edited December 2022

Since it's a unique synergy on each does it stack? If so that's a pretty solid boost.

It is not a unique synergy, so it does stack.
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
    A 35% attack boost ain't so bad.

MoeyTehr said:

It's because they're technically classified as Mercenaries going off of how the relationships were in the first film
    And then that changed. Why not have both tags?
    MoeyTehr said:

MoeyTehr said:

And then that changed. Why not have both tags?
    I don't know what to tell you. I'm just relaying the logic that they used when they were first introduced.
    I hear ya. I'm just venting my frustration is all.