**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Does anyone really care about relics?

Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
edited December 2022 in General Discussion
It’s been forced fed to us.. basically shoved down our throat..

But do we really care?

Does anyone really care about relics? 301 votes

Love it
11%
GroundedWisdomISO8PotatoCedricccrwhackDemonzfyreDragonMCOCCaptainaidenGarloJediTrix5Ackbar67Lovejoy72Chuck_Canuck75Eugene_VirtuosoanggafkRockyshockyPikoluJollyHawkHipocerosH3t3rHulkbusterN1 34 votes
It’s meh
88%
Crine60DL864Crys23SnakeEyes69Carmel1LeNoirFaineantDarkestDestroyerEb0ny-O-M4wHeinz11RvzMagicBentonRaganatormostlyharmlessnOKAYGangSpity68Hort4RC51Carnage313Rapmmmbanyas 267 votes

Comments

• Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    It’s meh
    LOl .. seems like I’m not alone in this regard…
  • Options
    Love it
    I love the combo extension of relics, and with mantis in the game, I can finally use my 4* HB relic on star lord. It really increases his sp2 shock damage output.
  • Options
    Noob_Master69Noob_Master69 Posts: 677 ★★★★
    Love it
    "Love It" is a bit of an overstatement, but I generally have a positive view on them, nothing earthshateringly good but it's fun to figure out what relics and champs work well together and it can give a nice boost to certain champs (I love Immortal Hulk with Hulk relic)
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    It’s meh
    I like Relics as an idea, I hate Strikers. That's the reason I never played Marvel Vs Capcom that much back in the days.
  • Options
    IamGrO_otIamGrO_ot Posts: 172 ★★
    It’s meh
    But a 5*/6* OG Thor relic would have been cool for Angela, so you don't have to drag Odin with you in every single quest.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Even if I wanted to care, atm I’d better not.
    Relics raise Prestige.
    Higher Prestige means a disadvantage at BGs, because with current matchmaking you will lure bigger accounts.
    So if you want to advance in this game, you need to disguise your progress and save it for maybe later.
    I’m not sig up my top champions anymore nor taking high prestige champs to r4, at least for now.
    Kabam wanted to sell Prestige through relics, but with the current BGs matchmaking algorithm they are shooting themselves at their feet 😂
  • Options
    Negativity_1Negativity_1 Posts: 61
    It’s meh
    It meh
    They are fun to use on the punching bag and expirement but I just don't see a proper use for them going ahead. If they add cool features (like bugged storm relic) then yea they will be super fun but as of right now, just ok I guess.
  • Options
    ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    It’s meh
    I don't like them. I think Kabam seriously missed the mark on them. Just seeing the 5k unit relic deals on cyber weekend deals showed how off the mark there are (I wouldn't have gotten that package for even 500 units).
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I like using the striker to extend combos, which can help get you to a special or end a fight before the defender can throw one. But until I have tanked these more or get ones of higher rarity, I wouldn't say they are game changing.

To call them a "biggest mistake" or "failed experiment" are wild exaggerations based on a super small sample size of a new feature. Let it grow. It's al optional so if you don't like them, you know what to do (spoiler: ignore them).
  • Options
    AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    It’s meh
    It’s an unnecessary change. The game didn’t need a gear system, and the current implementation isn’t that fun/enticing either.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Love it

Did you need to make 3 polls saying the exact same thing?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    Love it
    It's a new aspect that I'm getting into for the most part. It's just a way to add more attributes, and strategize. My only qualm is the Timer. Most Fights are over before I get to use them.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Love it

Did you need to make 3 polls saying the exact same thing?

The other 2 were in the wrong forum. I have asked the mods to delete them.

Either you can’t read or are a complete idiot…
    Says the guy who made 2 polls "in the wrong forum".
    I made the mistakes and admitted them.. you couldn’t even see them as mistakes 5 minutes ago.

I don't even know what that means.