**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who is your favorite buff immune champ?

Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
Who do you guys like for your buff immune champions. We have a total of 4 now:

Red guardian
Antman
Spidey 2099
Titania

I know spider 2099 is proven, but if antman had a small tweak do you think he could be main stream.

Titania seems super powerful in BGs, but I'm not sure if people are forcing her into situations or she is actually the right counter. She has a lot of debuffs, not sure which ones are really helpful.

Red guardian- In a pinch he can be used.

Comments

• Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    I would give it to sp 2099
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,165 ★★★★★
    I'm probably in the extreme minority, but give me Red Guardian. I love the simple to use champs.
  • Options

I would give it to sp 2099

Why?
    Because of the wither? Or the damage.
  • Options

I'm probably in the extreme minority, but give me Red Guardian. I love the simple to use champs.

If he could keep his trauma up I think he would be a great champ. The perfect block is very nice to have
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,109 ★★★★
    Spidey
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Antman's kit had the most potential if he was designed slightly different
    In his current state he can be considered good enough but probably won't survive in the long run

RedG's dependence on high sigs, that too in the Science class which is probably the most sig consuming class in the game, combined with his overy short trauma duration holds him back by a lot....so much so that he's as good as a Rhino for most players bcoz they won't invest so heavily in him

The love for Spidey2099 has definitely diminished bcoz of Quicksilver

At present Titania seems like the leading candidate in buff immune category not only bcoz she has access to quick & decently consistent damage, but also bcoz she's easier to use & while she benefits a lot from high sigs, she doesn't completely depend on it
    Also bcoz Battlegrounds is currently the most popular game mode & she does well in that compared to all other buff immune options
  • Options
    AMS94 said:

In his current state he can be considered good enough but probably won't survive in the long run

RedG's dependence on high sigs, that too in the Science class which is probably the most sig consuming class in the game, combined with his overy short trauma duration holds him back by a lot....so much so that he's as good as a Rhino for most players bcoz they won't invest so heavily in him

At present Titania seems like the leading candidate in buff immune category not only bcoz she has access to quick & decently consistent damage, but also bcoz she's easier to use & while she benefits a lot from high sigs, she doesn't completely depend on it
    Also bcoz Battlegrounds is currently the most popular game mode & she does well in that compared to all other buff immune options

That's some great points!

I do think Antman just needs a slight tweak and after that he will be great. It really is just a matter of time before they look at his performance.

Not sure how everyone feels about quicksilver, I get a lot of reactions about him.

Titania seems to be the queen of battleground and I'm not sure if it's a " hey she is good look" or she is literally the most effective counter, I have seen a lot of videos where it doesn't work and she dies. Most of her debuffs don't seem to be relevant.
  • Options
    007Bishop007Bishop Posts: 354 ★★★
    I think Ant-Man is fine as is. Sure, he doesn't have busted damage nor the broken synergy with Sam Wilson (which, let's be honest, never got used by majority of the people besides for making showcase videos), but he's a good standalone champ. His sp2 can hit well and those poisons are easy to maintain and tick decently. He's pretty good utility wise too - triple immunities, miss counter, etc etc
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★

I like him too, his visuals are also very very well made
  • Options
    Texas_11 said:

AMS94 said:

I do think Antman just needs a slight tweak and after that he will be great. It really is just a matter of time before they look at his performance.

Not sure how everyone feels about quicksilver, I get a lot of reactions about him.

Titania seems to be the queen of battleground and I'm not sure if it's a " hey she is good look" or she is literally the most effective counter, I have seen a lot of videos where it doesn't work and she dies. Most of her debuffs don't seem to be relevant.
    Her debuffs are there only to ramp up her damage & to manipulate the AI for a short while so that she can land heavies in the corner

U'll be disappointed if u try to find utility in her debuffs
    As far as utility goes, buff immunity & haymaker seem to be the only relevant ones offered by her kit
    Also a little power manipulation with suppression debuffs but it isn't of substantial value
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,218 ★★★★★
    I still prefer S99.
    Smoothaf.
    Waiting for QS dupe. Will test him afterwards.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 8,005 ★★★★★
    I am a Red Guardian Enjoyer myself.
  • Options
    ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★
    Any cosmic champ that Claire has given it to. 😉
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    As someone who has a sig 200 r4 QS and S2099, S2099 love will never diminish or die. He's just too good.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
    2099 he's fun has a lot of utility
    I also like the character in the comics I was so hyped when they announced his coming
  • Options
    On the flip side - who are the best champs that don’t require debuffs to create damage?
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,018 ★★★★
    Spot
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    Kind of depends on content. I tend to like Titania for BGs, but SM99 is better for war in my opinion. I don’t find RG fun to play, and while I have AntMan, I just haven’t used him since his buff.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Knullvoid235Knullvoid235 Posts: 158
    Groot. Get it? Coz he'll never be buffed? No? I'll leave
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
    AMS94 said:

Texas_11 said:

AMS94 said:

Her debuffs are there only to ramp up her damage & to manipulate the AI for a short while so that she can land heavies in the corner

As far as utility goes, buff immunity & haymaker seem to be the only relevant ones offered by her kit
    Also a little power manipulation with suppression debuffs but it isn't of substantial value
    There's a little bit of utility to her post-SP3 debuffs, particularly if you stack them with Heavies/Awakened ability. Bear in mind that you'll be wanting to chain Heavies, and the many debuffs do actually make this particular strategy quite a lot safer; at least for the six seconds that the Haymaker lasts:
    • Stifle will reduce their Combat Power Gain, quite substantially with 2-3 stacks
    • Petrify + Wither + Exhaustion (each at 30%) will effectively shut down and even reverse Power Gain abilities
    • Disorient starts to shut down their defensive abilities
    • Decelerate will further help prevent them going Unstoppable or Evading
    • If their defensive abilities do trigger, Stagger will prevent them gaining their buffs
    • Intimidate makes them less likely to hit you back
    • Falter gives you a decent safety net if they do try to hit you back
    • Cowardice improves that safety net if they throw a Special attack
    • A few benefits against specific opponents: Cowardice against Kitty Pryde; Fatigue against Mordo; Disorient against Wiccan & Mister Negative; Wither against America Chavez & Wong.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★

AMS94 said:

Texas_11 said:

AMS94 said:

There's a little bit of utility to her post-SP3 debuffs, particularly if you stack them with Heavies/Awakened ability. Bear in mind that you'll be wanting to chain Heavies, and the many debuffs do actually make this particular strategy quite a lot safer; at least for the six seconds that the Haymaker lasts:
    • Stifle will reduce their Combat Power Gain, quite substantially with 2-3 stacks
    • Petrify + Wither + Exhaustion (each at 30%) will effectively shut down and even reverse Power Gain abilities
    • If their defensive abilities do trigger, Stagger will prevent them gaining their buffs
    • A few benefits against specific opponents: Cowardice against Kitty Pryde; Fatigue against Mordo; Disorient against Wiccan & Mister Negative; Wither against America Chavez & Wong.
    Not sure if Decelerate would be that effective, as my experience using Anti-Venom's Decelerate shows that a 30-ish% Decelerate is not enough to feel confident about shutting down Evade/Unstoppable.

But interesting thought about the idea of saving her SP3 to use right before the timer for something ticks down.
  • Options

AMS94 said:

Texas_11 said:

AMS94 said:

Those debuffs are there with the sole purpose of increasing her Red damage numbers & to assist her in heavy spams
    They aren't consistent & long enough to be considered a "utility"

I don't think anything that happens after Sp3 can be considered a "utility" unless the champ has some really good power gain or the abilities last for a reasonably long duration
    Titania's debuffs have very short duration.....u can only land about 3-4 heavies in that time

Her debuffs exist to help her in her damage rotation & not as a utility mechanic
    U can't rely on any of those debuffs to counter evade, miss, power gain, regen, unblockable or any other annoying defensive ability
  • Options
    KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    Titania for me, got a r4 max sig and she is so satisfyingly fun to use in general loo