**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6* Feature drop rates are still garbage

Comments

• Options
    MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 471 ★★★
    Back to back pulls of the same champ, happening repeatedly suggests that the coding isn’t a true 1/24 chance. It’s probably tied to a timing or table where at a given moment you’re tied to that possibility as well as everyone opening at that same moment. Likely to save on server overhead or something. Which means the probabilities aren’t 1/24 and strange double pulls are happening more than reasonably expected. There’s a reason why companies exist to validate lottery algorithm and games! Something is broken 😡
  • Options
    MavRCK_MavRCK_ Posts: 471 ★★★

How can drop rates be garbage when the chance to get a 6* is 100%? You just didn't get the champ you wanted which is a completely different thing. If it infuriates you so much, then stop going for featureds. I did after getting x-23 4 times in a row

Nothing is going to get fixed if one doesn’t communicate issues like this!

Blaming the victim is shameful.

Support each other and those willing to come forward and point out issues needing to be addressed to improve the quality and the experience of Mcoc!
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    Literally could have been WAY worse
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,695 ★★★★
    Your first ten were far better than my first 10. My pulls didn’t start going really well till I got to 12 or so, then I had 7 of 9 pulls that were very good.
  • Options
    PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Most realistic opening I see some good pulls there
  • Options
    CapriciousCapricious Posts: 215 ★★
    MavRCK_ said:

Back to back pulls of the same champ, happening repeatedly suggests that the coding isn’t a true 1/24 chance. It’s probably tied to a timing or table where at a given moment you’re tied to that possibility as well as everyone opening at that same moment. Likely to save on server overhead or something. Which means the probabilities aren’t 1/24 and strange double pulls are happening more than reasonably expected. There’s a reason why companies exist to validate lottery algorithm and games! Something is broken 😡

That’s not how probability works. Every single time you pull a crystal you have the exact same chance of pulling a specific champion per crystal.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,222 ★★★★★
    I am 32 in
    1 QS which i would like to get a dupe on
    1 titania, don't want, don't care.
    2 SW, duped from aniversary calander. Wanted

No galan. gorr Shang chi, negative, which i want

1 maw which i want as a duped.
    0 Wiccan, 0 valkyrie
    6 x23 and 4 Groots which everyone wants.
    Numbers of other Champs.

These crystals makes me mad.
    But I'll keep opening em.
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    O8s said:

Zan0 said:

O8s said:

I don't know if you guys are trolling me or if you don't understand how this works. Other games are far more open and honest about this, but even in a 100% chance like this one they have different drop rates for "top prizes" than what they consider lower prizes. Example the champs ppl want have a less than 1% chance to drop; for example, .03%, while the champs ppl don't want will have a 3-5% chance to drop. You'll never convince me that this game doesn't do that based on my experience with this game and others that are open about the percentages

You are simply wrong. The featured crystal is the same drop rate for all champs
    According to whom? The house? You do know who always wins don't you? 🤣😂
    How are they winning? U r probably using free access shards to get free champs ..
  • Options
    KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    I get that feeling😂 it’s pretty wild I’m coming up on 60crystals without hitting Galan or Titania(only one I actually want) yet lol
    Def gives you that “not random” vibe sometimes but I won’t stress it too much lol
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    O8s said:

I don't know if you guys are trolling me or if you don't understand how this works. Other games are far more open and honest about this, but even in a 100% chance like this one they have different drop rates for "top prizes" than what they consider lower prizes. Example the champs ppl want have a less than 1% chance to drop; for example, .03%, while the champs ppl don't want will have a 3-5% chance to drop. You'll never convince me that this game doesn't do that based on my experience with this game and others that are open about the percentages

Only if you believe that they are flat out lying. The crystal has always been an equal chance for every champ. Generally when people look at enough results The distribution rate is pretty even.
  • Options

I want to believe that the RNG for crystal drops is true and legit. And maybe it is. We have no way of knowing for real. However, in many other aspects in the game, we do have a way of knowing , are here we often see bugs (e.g. parry not working, synergies not working, screens freezing etc.). And new bugs are being added - and partly taken care off - every single month.

I think it is in a reasonable conclusion to draw that since we can see a lot of bugs in the game, why should there not be bugs in the part on the game we cannot see (like drop rates in crystals)?? It just seems like logical...

It’s not though. People think it’s rigged or bugged because they don’t get their specific champion. That’s not how it works. Those pulls look normal and there isn’t an issue with them. My first one I pulled a valk, QS and galan. I’ve pulled valk 2 more times and have gotten and aw, groot, a couple of war machines and almost everyone in the featured at least once. It’s normal.
  • Options
    Robbo9Robbo9 Posts: 51
    MavRCK_ said:

Why do back to back pulls suggest that? I pulled winter soldier 3 times back to back in the current featured. I also pulled Gorr, Galan and Quicksilver back to back in 3 other crystals at a later point. Guess what? The chances of either of these happening are identical - 1/13824. Nobody is calling the 2nd run rigged though are they?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

I want to believe that the RNG for crystal drops is true and legit. And maybe it is. We have no way of knowing for real. However, in many other aspects in the game, we do have a way of knowing , are here we often see bugs (e.g. parry not working, synergies not working, screens freezing etc.). And new bugs are being added - and partly taken care off - every single month.

I think it is in a reasonable conclusion to draw that since we can see a lot of bugs in the game, why should there not be bugs in the part on the game we cannot see (like drop rates in crystals)?? It just seems like logical...

There is a way to know, with pretty certain proximity, and it involves looking at all results. Not just the pulls of one Account. I can count the number of Crystal pool issues that have been confirmed in the last 8 years on one hand and still have fingers left over.
  • Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    edited December 2022
    Butt hurt alert… lol..
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    1 in 24 chance

Better than the 1 in 200+ from the basic crystal
  • Options
    xjdalegendxxjdalegendx Posts: 41
    I got Valk, Galan, Gorr, and QS. Duped 3 out of the four. Not before I duped HB 4 times. A majority of the crystals have the same chance of being bad and good (except for crystals with 3*s in the pool). Featured isn’t one of the crystals that have terrible chances. The champs you pulled all of them aren’t that bad either except, specifically, Winter Soldier. The odds aren’t more likely for you to pull specific champs cause out of the whole time I spun these crystals I haven’t pulled a single Winter Soldier nor a Thor.
  • Options
    Rhetorical question, but those odds are zero.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★

Confirmation bias is the only thing at play here.

If I don't get what I think I should get, crystals are rigged.

If I get what I wanted, I got lucky.

There's no reality for most of the community for crystals openings. Someone in a chat I'm in said they've pulled Titania 9 times from this featured. I've only pulled her twice. So are the crystals rigged, are we just lucky or are the drop rates working as the should? I know what I'd bet on.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,285 ★★★★★
    How likely is it that this one facet of the game is working to perfection, on every device everywhere and always has, through every update of the app? What makes this so special that it's immune to bugs and why aren't they spraying that magic bug repellant on everything?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★

How likely is it that this one facet of the game is working to perfection, on every device everywhere and always has, through every update of the app? What makes this so special that it's immune to bugs and why aren't they spraying that magic bug repellant on everything?

It doesn't exist on every device, everywhere. It exists on the server.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★

As GW just said, it's server related (I believe). Each crystal opening makes a call to the server and it picks the prize for you. When we're playing the game, we're playing on the client side (our devices). There are bugs that can happen with crystals like the freezing when opening a nexus crystal or the weird screens that some people have shown but drop rates are on a excel table (I think) and are determined once you hit "stop spinning". It's a much more straightforward process then the combat mechanics of the game.

Again, just piecing together things I've learned and things from my work experience.
  • Options
    So the main argument here is there’s bugs in other places so this has to be bugged too, and the evidence is “trust me bro”. Got it.
This discussion has been closed.