**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

War teir and offseason

GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★
Our alliance has been playing war during th8s long off season to gather loyalty.
We finished the season with a t5 buffer of about 2 wins. In the off-season we have switched to 1 loyalty revives, as we have lost a few it appears we have dropped to t6.
It would have been nice for kabam.to mention this... as previously off-season didn't contribute to tier levels

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    @Kabam Miike bro just wanting to know since when, do we lose tier positions in off-season is this a bug
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,222 ★★★★★
    edited December 2022
    When top alliances in tier 6 win their wars and take over low t5 alliances.
    Quiet common tbh.
  • Options
    @SirGamesBond I don't remember reading anything like that, or seeing it on any forum post. Tbh we have been swtich t5 and t6 recently.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,222 ★★★★★
    Win next wars.. you'll reach t5 back.
    When you reach t5 back, the same way you fell to t6. You'll replace some ally which will then fall to t6 from t5.

It's common.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    I started a thread about this because it started prior to last season my alliance was tier 5 lost a few wars during off season and started last season in tier 6 because of it and this off season is going the same. This was changed back in 2019 and wasn’t possible but now it’s back and no mention of it returning.
  • Options
    meoreanmeorean Posts: 57
    Glads said:

Our alliance has been playing war during th8s long off season to gather loyalty.
    We finished the season with a t5 buffer of about 2 wins. In the off-season we have switched to 1 loyalty revives, as we have lost a few it appears we have dropped to t6.
    It would have been nice for kabam.to mention this... as previously off-season didn't contribute to tier levels

It has always worked like this, your tier is based on your war rating and changes whether offseason or not.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★
    meorean said:

Glads said:

It has always worked like this, your tier is based on your war rating and changes whether offseason or not.
    this is false. it has not always been like this. it was specifically why off season was enjoyed by many because you didn't have to do it and you wouldn't lose anything but now it seems it does matter. if you don't play you lose, and even if you do play, you better win because it certainly does count regardless.

they should either update what's happening or call it a bug. off season is NOT supposed to count above Tier 6 win, lose or not playing.

but i've personally gone through this and i can assure you even at Tier 5, it counts if you win or lose in off season.
  • Options
    @kabam any clarification here please, if things change this should be clearly communicated
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    This was changed because of this a while ago and was never talked about being changed back

• Options
    @Manup456 I can't believe you archived that, but I actually thought all tiers were locked in off season.
    From a logical view point, if you don't play you should loss heaps of levels as your not getting points but this does not happen. I this is what u call a complete mess
  • Options
    OkizzeOkizze Posts: 45
    You already got the answer. Your rating at tier 5 is locked but those at tier 6 are not. After a few wars some tier6 alliances moved past your rating since they actually gain rating for wins. This put them into tier 5 and you back to 6. Win a couple wars and you will pass them back into tier 5 since they’re now locked.

This is what happens to alliances that are right at the edge of tier 5/6 during off season.
  • Options
    Okizze said:

You already got the answer. Your rating at tier 5 is locked but those at tier 6 are not. After a few wars some tier6 alliances moved past your rating since they actually gain rating for wins. This put them into tier 5 and you back to 6. Win a couple wars and you will pass them back into tier 5 since they’re now locked.

This is what happens to alliances that are right at the edge of tier 5/6 during off season.

It doesn't make sense sorry it you can move out of t5 then it's not locked, is it?
    It's a really simple concept, t6 wars aren't locked so they can move to number 1 position in t6 but can never overtake t6 because it's locked.
    The confusion is in your answer
  • Options
    Vergeman78Vergeman78 Posts: 132 ★★
    It was explained, you war rating in tier5 is locked, not your tier. If you were the last tier5 alliance and a few tier6 alliances right below you won their war, their rating leap frogged yours. Hence, you fell to tier6.

Now you can win and leap frogged back into tier5 as your rating isn’t locked
  • Options
    QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 806 ★★★★
    I'd suggest playing a 1 BG war with your 10 best war players to get back to tier 5. Repeat this process once you drop back down.
  • Options

It was explained, you war rating in tier5 is locked, not your tier. If you were the last tier5 alliance and a few tier6 alliances right below you won their war, their rating leap frogged yours. Hence, you fell to tier6.

Now you can win and leap frogged back into tier5 as your rating isn’t locked

Exactly.
    Your TIER is NOT locked.
    It is your WAR RATING that does not change if your War Rating had positioned you for a Tier-5 War or higher.

Besides for teams below you whose War Rating is not locked (if they are doing Tier-6 wars) potentially moving up above your War Rating, you could potentially be matched against a Tier-6 team for your war and the coin toss could decide that the map played for your cross-tier war is a Tier-6 Map (and it could be that in cross-tier wars, both sides are either WR locked, or not, depending on which Tier Map is played on, 5 or 6 map).

As well as at what point does Kabam count how many Alliances thee are (active, or maybe have to be doing Wars, and at what point they are looked at and counted, previous Season, or continuing to do wars in the off-season ??) which could also affect teams Tier since your Tier is based on % of Alliances relative to the overall number. And fewer alliances overall that count toward 100% thus dictate how many alliances are allocated into each %-based Tier.