**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How many of you care about relics ?

JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,393 ★★★★
Kabam has been pushing relics really really hard . Even in the banquet the supposedly best reward is a five star relic but I just don’t care at all about them . I grinded very hard to get the awakening gem but I am completely apathetic to the relic . And pretty much everyone in my alliance feels the same . Nobody wants to bother with them

So I am curious how do most of you feel ? Am I an outlier who just can’t appreciate how amazing relics are ? Or do you also don’t care about them and are wondering about why they spend so much time on them instead of fixing far more important issues with the game ?

Comments

• Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Wish the passive ability wasn’t locked behind the dupe, that’s probably the most interesting part
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    At this point I care about them for prestige. That's it. It could become more.
  • Options
    OKAYGang said:

If I could bind and unbind them I might care but they are straight busted and nobody seems to care about fixing the problem. People have been posting in the section dedicated to relic bugs for nearly a month about this without one single response.

The binding/unbinding isn’t bugged. It’s people not understanding how to do it properly.

I’ve found them fun, I suppose they’ll become more significant as we get more powerful relics that synergise better with the top champions. They’ve pushed me to 16k prestige which is cool but beyond being a free combo in bg I’ve not found them earth shatteringly important.
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 902 ★★★
    The extra combo is great when you are trying to wait out Hercules’ immortality or trying to KO someone who is almost 3 bars of power but you are impatient… I hate baiting, that’s why I don’t go fishing either.
  • Options
    Rudolph_RaindeerRudolph_Raindeer Posts: 261 ★★
    I care for them, but only for prestige. Actually it is the only thing I am currently hunting, since I am good in all other aspects of the game…
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I use the strikers to positive impact. Nothing game changing with the other impacts until I can rank up the relics.
  • Options
    Don't care for 3/4* relics. Do care about the 5* and above as I notice those ones add quite a bit of damage/ utility to the champs.
  • Options
    BadabibidonBadabibidon Posts: 86
    I didn't care about them until I got the 5* juggernaut relic *
  • Options
    OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Mauled said:

OKAYGang said:

If I could bind and unbind them I might care but they are straight busted and nobody seems to care about fixing the problem. People have been posting in the section dedicated to relic bugs for nearly a month about this without one single response.

The binding/unbinding isn’t bugged. It’s people not understanding how to do it properly.

I’ve found them fun, I suppose they’ll become more significant as we get more powerful relics that synergise better with the top champions. They’ve pushed me to 16k prestige which is cool but beyond being a free combo in bg I’ve not found them earth shatteringly important.
    I understand how to do it, it's bugged. Go see the multiple screenshots people have posted, game says it binds but it does not. There is also an issue unbinding, and no it's not because the champs are active in quest, war or arenas.
  • Options
    Hilbert_unbeatable2Hilbert_unbeatable2 Posts: 804 ★★★
    JessieS said:

Kabam has been pushing relics really really hard . Even in the banquet the supposedly best reward is a five star relic but I just don’t care at all about them . I grinded very hard to get the awakening gem but I am completely apathetic to the relic . And pretty much everyone in my alliance feels the same . Nobody wants to bother with them

So I am curious how do most of you feel ? Am I an outlier who just can’t appreciate how amazing relics are ? Or do you also don’t care about them and are wondering about why they spend so much time on them instead of fixing far more important issues with the game ?

Honestly I loved a couple of them
    Especially juggernaut on juggernaut, the beserk buff adding up a little, gaining regen when I get unstoppable or hit harder by going for intensify

Also like thor on odin, it's fun to watch 2 lines of buffs on u.

Rest mostly are underwhelming. Yet to try hulk and storm
  • Options
    OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    Chobbly said:

I want to care about Relics.

I want to get Mjolnir and Stormbreaker as relics. I want the Eye of Agamoto, Daredevil's Cowl, the Darkhold, Cap's Shield, JARVIS and Hawkeye's Bow. Maybe sling rings as a common item for mystic characters. Or even as ultra rare items the Infinity stones themselves.

What we've got now are a bit bland to be fair. Fully acknowledge all the work that's gone in so far, etc but Relics are a shadow of what they could be.

Agreed they could have done this and it would have been so much cooler, maybe even made some animals that could be summoned like the current strikers as well like Cosmo the space dog for the Guardians, Lockjaw for the Inhumans, a giant ant for Antman, etc
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    I think they're great if used properly. It's all about binding them to the Champs that will gain the most from them.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    For me, the number of years Kabam has been working on relics would have been better served on working on something else. They don’t do enough of anything to make it worthwhile trying to obtain them and rank them up. I’d rather keep my gold. If you’re in the prestige race, I guess this is something to collect until 7* champs truly arrive. I really want to like relics. At the moment they just feel like a massive waste of developer time, especially as we’re still waiting on a mastery update.
  • Options
    KingAzKingAz Posts: 55
    I don’t really care. It’s kinda just there tbh
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    Not yet...
  • Options
    Chikel said:

I wanted to like them, even tested out the early ones but they were disappointing. Now I have completely forgotten about them
    1. They don't offer anything to the champs I use. To properly utilize them, I'd have to rank up some B-tier or C-tier champs
    2. They take too long to fill up especially in BG. Fights are over by that time
    3. When everything lines up, I don't notice a difference. The numbers are absurdly low. 0.0001 attack rating or some ****. Why would I waste efforts and resources for that?

I think Kabam was too afraid of making them OP that they ended up extremely underpowered. I hope they have learned their lesson and come up with a way to make them exciting. There's a lot of potential there.

I feel like you are underestimating the 5 and 6* versions. They add quite a bit. And they work very well on the best champs of the relics specific class.
  • Options
    JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Some of them have neat benefits. They’re nice just to have.