**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to Address Overlapping Rewards Cycles?

Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
Anyone have any good ideas on how to make switching alliances easier? Currently there is always some alliance rewards at stake, be it AW, BG, AQ or Banquet. It has become difficult to recruit because active players will lose alliance rewards if they leave their current alliance, and it seems few want to sacrifice the stuff they’ve earned, rightly so.

Comments

• Options
    The easiest way would be to have AW and BGs on the same cadence, but unless kabam does that, then players will have to choose to sacrifice rewards. Fortunately you only have to be in alliance for 1 week to get their BG rewards, so I would prioritize AW if you're playing higher and just switch after AW season.
  • Options
    RustyoneilRustyoneil Posts: 185 ★★
    edited January 2023
    You just got to sacrifice one of your rewards. You can leave after this first weekend of AW and still participate in a new alliance AW. AQ cycles all the time, you have to just take a hit and jump ship if you’re not happy. I left my alliance right after AW and sacrificed BG rewards and this banquet event to have a stress free holiday season. There’s no easy way around it, IMO.
  • Options
    xjdalegendxxjdalegendx Posts: 41
    Buttehrs said:

I think the entire point of overlapping reward cycles is to prevent too much alliance hopping like in gifting events of old. Which is a good thing. It makes you choose what you want to prioritize instead of milking the system for everything you can get.

I wholeheartedly agree brother. I think ppl don’t see how much mcoc has improved especially since the early stages and how much they are still trying to improve. It all comes down to, like you said, prioritizing what you believe you need at the moment, planning ahead and having patience. Patience is the one thing 90% of the mcoc community lacks.

• Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

You just got to sacrifice one of your rewards. You can leave after this first weekend of AW and still participate in a new alliance AW. AQ cycles all the time, you have to just take a hit and jump ship if you’re not happy. I left my alliance right after AW and sacrificed BG rewards and this banquet event to have a stress free holiday season. There’s no easy way around it, IMO.

I normally do not have this much trouble recruiting. Literally zero replies to two different posts over a month.

• Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The Banquet will be over soon, and you only have to play 5 wars so hopefully it will be better for you after Banquet rewards are in. Glad I don't recruit anymore lol
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,383 ★★★★★
    edited January 2023
    Things are difficult now because of competitive integrity (mostly because of AW, BG, and Banquet). Unfortunately, I don’t think the few days of waiting will not stop anytime soon.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    The easiest albeit more controversial solution would be to remove the requirements of being in an alliance for x days before collecting rewards.

I would propose lowering the minimum of wars to 3 and allow 7 days instead of the current 6 and 15 respectively. Battlegrounds should not have any restriction except switching alliances during week 4 means you get no alliance rewards. Honestly, the rank rewards for bgs with alliances aren’t great unless your near the top, and those ones won’t be changing.

It will always be an issue unless they do away with the restrictions.

Lining up bgs and AW would be terrible because during off-season there is literally nothing for end gamers to do.
  • Options
    ThePharcideThePharcide Posts: 212 ★★★
    If rewards are delayed that require manual inspection.

AW/BG/Banquet they need to take a server snapshot and lock in people's places. What I mean is this.
    Player is in an alliance. Event ends. A server snapshot is taken that shows what alliance and placement people have.
    Player moves to a new alliance, but the server knows he was in X alliance at event end. Then they distribute rewards based off that snapshot.

This will help people move alliances, still get rewarded for their contributions and will help with recruitment.
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,383 ★★★★★

AW/BG/Banquet they need to take a server snapshot and lock in people's places. What I mean is this.
    Player is in an alliance. Event ends. A server snapshot is taken that shows what alliance and placement people have.
    Player moves to a new alliance, but the server knows he was in X alliance at event end. Then they distribute rewards based off that snapshot.

This will help people move alliances, still get rewarded for their contributions and will help with recruitment.

The problem with that is the server takes a snapshot at face value without context. Example: X alliance placed #500. However because of “docking” or removing cheaters from Y alliance, X alliance is now bumped up to #400.

With your idea, X alliance will still be rewarded as if they’re #500 instead of #400. This can work for AQ, but not BG or AW.
  • Options
    Chief_primeChief_prime Posts: 70 ★★
    edited January 2023
    Thanks for this thread. I've had this on my mind a lot lately.

I agree that AW and Battlegrounds seasons at least should be syncronized. Recruiting was always hard but since the introduction of BG alli milestones it's become nearly impossible.

There was always that window where we would be able to meet and choose recruits, now that seems to have disappeared.

I thought this off season would be alright, as it was extended, but then there was gifting and once again we can't find anyone like we used to and Seasons starts tomorrow.

There is way too much happening in game now. Managing alliances is already a difficult task. Kabam needs to find a way to alleviate things for us, and in my opinion, syncronizing two most competitive modes would be the best way to go.
  • Options
    spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 264 ★★
    Siliyo said:

The problem with that is the server takes a snapshot at face value without context. Example: X alliance placed #500. However because of “docking” or removing cheaters from Y alliance, X alliance is now bumped up to #400.

With your idea, X alliance will still be rewarded as if they’re #500 instead of #400. This can work for AQ, but not BG or AW.
    What are you smoking? A snapshot of Alliance Rosters has nothing to do with if an Alliance moves up or down in rankings, it's getting who was in an Alliance at the end of a season and going back and rewarding them what they earned when final rankings for that alliance are determined, especially in war and Battlegroups.

People can more freely move Alliances if there's a record of what Alliance they were in at event conclusion. It stops punishing players for migrating at the end of an event. If we're going to have event rewards continually delayed, Kabam needs to start considering this so players aren't held in an Alliance while they take a week or more to disperse rewards. It'll potentially delay rewards longer, but players will get the rewards they earned even if they move Alliances after an event concludes.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Actually, it has more to do with the way Rewards are distributed. You need to be in the Alliance at the time the Rewards are given because the package is released to all qualifying Members at the same time. It's not an individual process. That takes much more time in those cases, and is prone to more error. For Alliance Events, the way it's distributed is to each Alliance as a collective. If people met the requirements, they all get them at the same time.
  • Options
    MaddogHTMaddogHT Posts: 9
    We have an AW season, a BG Season, and a far fetched ‘AQ season’. I personally would like to see just an ‘Alliance Season’ and have alignment between all 3 game modes. Work together as an alliance to smash out your focus (could be 1 or 2 game modes or all 3). Then get a season reward for each result.

Yes, I know there currently is NOT a AQ season reward, that the AW season is 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off (generally) and that the BG season is 4 weeks on, 1 week off (generally). And then add on top of that, AQ is 5 days on 3 days off so always starting/stopping on different days of the week in comparison to AWs/BGs.

These 3 game modes were all developed at very different stages of the game but that doesn’t mean Kabam can’t take a look and try to align them now, which could mean some changes to their frequency, on/off cycle, etc.

To me, it just makes sense that one’s efforts on the team/alliance work towards the same goal for a season and get those team/season rewards. I think this also incentivizes you more to join and commit to a team that fits your and the alliances intended goals. Sure, things don’t work out at times (cuts & ‘trades’ made) but similar deadlines/restrictions can be in place to discourage alliance hopping etc.