**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thank you for the DDHK buff Kabam!

RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,770 ★★★★★
This should be huge!

It’s going to have a significant impact on his damage loop! We might even be able to stack his Fury buff 3 times if played correctly. All in all I’m predicting a 33% improvement in performance, and that’s God-tier levels of damage.

I’m really excited! I will do some testing and showcasing once I get my hands on Absorbing Man.

Thank you guys and thank the team from us! @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax

Comments

• Options
    BigBuster said:

It's cool, but he's already too reliant on synergies. Good thing is that most of his synergy members are really good (KP, Peni, etc.). They should just move some of those synergies to his base, and he's really good

You’re absolutely right. But I’ve been campaigning for a DDHK buff for over 2 years. I’ll happily take this for now.
  • Options
    Dave7099 said:

All ddhk needs to be playable is a team of 16 support champs

And a 5-star Relic!

Seriously though, this is the only synergy he needs. It’s a major change for him. This makes all the other synergies he has icing on the cake.
  • Options
    BigBuster said:

It's cool, but he's already too reliant on synergies. Good thing is that most of his synergy members are really good (KP, Peni, etc.). They should just move some of those synergies to his base, and he's really good

Yes, I agree with you. This is a buff and should definitely have been a part of his base kit.
    It’s arguably lazy on Kabam’s part doing this as part of a synergy. However, on the positive side, Absorbing Man looks ****ing cool and this synergy will likely increase the appeal of using DDHK.
    Bring KP and Peni along and 💥
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 ★★★★
    BigBuster said:

It's something, I guess.

Running DDHK with the NF+CMM synergy gives you an additional 5 seconds or so, if I remember correctly on Furies so the fact that this also affects Cruelty (forgetting the Precision on the SP1, not part of the rotation) will be interesting to see.

But I agree, it's another instance of buffing via synergies. Some champs can be run by themselves (Hulking, CGR, Herc, etc etc) while others require synergies for general viability - and DDHK is still in the latter group. That's why I suspect Kabam have said repeatedly that they are happy where DDHK is - a mid tier champion who is an easy synergy target.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,600 ★★★★
    This DDHK update is pretty exciting, sure, but he's still too reliant on synergies for me personally. Just an opinion :blush:
  • Options

This DDHK update is pretty exciting, sure, but he's still too reliant on synergies for me personally. Just an opinion :blush:

Thank you for your comment @FrostGiantLord !
    You’re actually right! But the upside is that this will be the only synergy he needs, as this was the buff that he required.
    Peni, KP and Molenerf are just added bonuses now.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,600 ★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Thank you for your comment @FrostGiantLord !
    You’re actually right! But the upside is that this will be the only synergy he needs, as this was the buff that he required.
    Peni, KP and Molenerf are just added bonuses now.
    Molenerf lmao
  • Options
    I’m very much looking forward to getting my hands on the synergy :) I haven’t done a 5* grind in a long time but I might have to since it’s rarity gated…
  • Options
    edited January 2023

I’m very much looking forward to getting my hands on the synergy :) I haven’t done a 5* grind in a long time but I might have to since it’s rarity gated…

I’ve never done a 5-star grind 👀 I’ve just saved up a lot of shards for the next featured and out of nowhere Absorbing Man is going to be a part of it.
    Here’s to hoping 🍻
    ++ good luck with your grind!
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,364 ★★★★★
    It does look decent, @Rookiie and I hope you have fun with it.

But if you want a game-changing buff that really deserves to be in the Champions base kit, you've got to look a little further down the list of Crusher's synergies:

• Options

It does look decent, @Rookiie and I hope you have fun with it.

But if you want a game-changing buff that really deserves to be in the Champions base kit, you've got to look a little further down the list of Crusher's synergies:

Thank you so much @Magrailothos ! Wish the same to you! And yeah haha I bet Swedeah and others are really going to enjoy that synergy.
  • Options
    Well, the 5* Absorbing Man is out in bundles right now. I would be really interested to see how much the DDHK synergy does in reality; just being able to sustain two Furies without perfect play (and some cooperation from the AI) would be good.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Chobbly said:

Well, the 5* Absorbing Man is out in bundles right now. I would be really interested to see how much the DDHK synergy does in reality; just being able to sustain two Furies without perfect play (and some cooperation from the AI) would be good.

I’m super excited @Chobbly, I can’t wait for the next featured crystal to arrive.
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

Chobbly said:

I’m super excited @Chobbly, I can’t wait for the next featured crystal to arrive.
    Same here - I wish I'd got more 6* shards saved up. I don't know what the odds are for DDHK being in the next 6* featured crystal are as well, at he's currently in the 5*.

Now give me a relic that does something for DDHK's woeful regeneration rate and I'll be happy too!