**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My thoughts at TB difficulty after exploration

2»

Comments

• DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    If I want long drawn out fights I will do labyrinth fights. At least they are less restrictive on what champs work. Just my thoughts after completing thronebreaker difficulty. Also the bosses were fairly restrictive for counters with the nodes but at least we're quicker than the and fights.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,101 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

Weak design. Poorly thought out nodes, especially in the mystic paths in 3.2.
    Lowest grade goes to the mystic chapter. Designer for this one should be put on trash duty for the month. Simply terrible design that exhibits a fundamental lack of understanding around champ abilities and node interactions.

Dr. Zola

What's bizarre, is that using r4 Diablo and r3 Claire, cavalier difficulty, is taking a similar hit count, to TB difficulty. With the only real difference being block damage.

So, oddly, cav EQ has become as time consuming for someone with all r4 and r3, as the new thronebreaker EQ.

So not only is TB difficulty lazy design and this level in particular, borderline obnoxious combo of nodes and defenders, but the "old" cav difficulty has become more time consuming in the process as well. Even for r4 attackers, with full suicides.

Bizarre.
    I’m glad you mentioned that. I ran through Cav once today and actually checked to confirm it wasn’t TB when I got to Ch3. How does this get greenlit?

Dr. Zola
    No idea! Although, I partially take it back; just did the Mysterio path, good God... Doom was 153 hits with r3 Claire and Mysterio was 123 hits. That's full suicides and 80% of the fight with 350% attack boost from the node.

Guess the challenge rating of 7* defenders is impinging on crit rate, but that much?

So I had to check; it took 144 hits to take down winter soldier with r3 Claire, using mainly 5 hit combos.

Bonkers. Even with a 350% attack boost it's taking as long to kill the enemies as it does to do a roll fight. It's a challenge, but it's tedious.

I'd prefer 15k attack and 150k health as they have in the variants.

Maybe they were testing this with r5 6* with full boosts??!
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    i haven't started the TB Event Quest yet due to all the chatters going on in here. I'm just auto the conqueror and below difficulties for now. Awaiting Kabam to nerf the TB and Cav difficulties on Monday.
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,204 ★★★★★

i haven't started the TB Event Quest yet due to all the chatters going on in here. I'm just auto the conqueror and below difficulties for now. Awaiting Kabam to nerf the TB and Cav difficulties on Monday.

Nothing is going to change this month. Better get on it in time.
  • Nalak8Nalak8 Posts: 387 ★★★
    TheCipe said:

Do you use recoil masteries? if so, would you recommend them for Thronebreaker difficulty? If you don't use them, was it fine to explore without them?

I used recoil on all my runs. My core team were BWCV, Diablo, scorpion (for the absorbing man boss), and the other 2 were mostly counters to the various lanes including Hercules, overseer, nimrod.

Hercules was able to take 30-40% off of absorbing man and scorpion took down the rest.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,059 ★★★★★
    GrimXYZ said:

the Mystic chapter has to be the most disappointing Mystic chapter to date. after realizing how stupid the combination of nodes are for Mystic champs, i just pretended it didn't exist and took Valerie into it. I assume Shang CHi would do the same. but I just ignored the Mystic class altogether on that chapter.

I am not quite sure what is wrong with the mystic chapter? I used r4 Mojo, r3 BWCV and r4 Doom, plus two slots for the boss. I was able to get through all fights with relative ease except for one stupid fight: domino. That domino costs me 4 revives because power drain failed almost every time (and so does everything else) and I kept getting degen.
    it's just a dull slog that's all ... as soon as my Claire went over 100 hits i said nah. she ended up at 200 hits to kill one defender trying to juggle the weakness etc .. so i just brought some Skill champs to shrug it and ignored everything else.
  • Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Posts: 152
    edited January 2023
    IRQ said:

People keep talking about the mystic quest but that path with JJ and Electro on mutant one was outright evil.

I agree 100%. I just did that path today. It was awful. It’s only 1.2.
  • KienMinhKienMinh Posts: 14
    the weakness stack so fast with damage protection... barely do any damage... the guy put this node together must be a genius at pissing people

4 tags for cosmic quest yet only 1 in mystic. mystics who regenerate on steady intervals are low. Ones who power steal together with above node forms a very small pool.

Cosmic is now an excellent class and hit very hard. Yet given more tags where as mystic generally dont do as much damage yet no help for them and given the most annoying nodes.

50% damage reduction is almost as annoying as the ones in Act 5. Add to that stacking weakness and more nodes that extend the fight is very boring, annoying and not in the same category of the other 5 quests which are well executed

@Kabam Miike

• BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★
    After reading the thread what i found common which i obviously stated in start is that it not hard but bogus. No need to Nerf hp and attack values of defenders but rather add better nodes which don't make is dull and mud fight .

I would love to fight Bane,spiked Armor, electric defense, weapon nodes from act 7-8 or something challenging, interactive rather than 50% reduction in damage ,weakness etc etc etc
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    Finally explore TB difficulty used 1 revive because I don't have energy to restart the path (which is another problem, you don't have enough energy to keep up with new contents). It's so long especially when you are in a hurry. The difficulty is fine I have no problem with it but some fights are so long, and it's ironic that fights in paths are longer than the boss.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,958 ★★★★★

They need to reduce the number of paths, its just too many

It's the same as Cav...?
    GOTG said:

Finally explore TB difficulty used 1 revive because I don't have energy to restart the path (which is another problem, you don't have enough energy to keep up with new contents). It's so long especially when you are in a hurry. The difficulty is fine I have no problem with it but some fights are so long, and it's ironic that fights in paths are longer than the boss.

Yeah, they should change it to give us a month or so to complete it.
  • FlipBoyFlipBoy Posts: 72
    Kabam got super lazy and just threw this TB difficulty out there. No thought into it what so ever. Out of all the quests this month in TB EQ, only 1.1, 1.2 and 2.2 we're fun. Come on Kabam get your act together and stop being lazy. And stop with all this rooting bs. Can't you guys think of other ways for the AI to defend. I can already see the rest of act 8 bosses having some kind of rooting in it. You all heard here first.
  • LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,356 ★★★★★

Agree. Less of it and better thought applied to the nodes/setup.
    Graves_3 said:

It's the same as Cav...?
    Good point. Cav needs its paths reduced as well.
    Why stop there? Just give us the rewards each month instead.
    Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

It's the same as Cav...?
    Good point. Cav needs its paths reduced as well.
    Why stop there? Just give us the rewards each month instead.
    Man!! You are on a roll today!! Best suggestion ever ❤️
    I mean if we're tossing out ridiculous suggestions, might as well add another.

I get the point of wanting reduced energy or less paths but you're not required to do all the difficulties. Just anyone who needs gold but doesn't want to do arena, they have the option.

You get units from all the lower difficulties. You can buy refills. I never have less than 6 full in my stash. You have a full month to do it.

So you want less paths? You want reduced rewards? The rewards are "tuned" to the current paths.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    I’m convinced Chapter 3 for both Cav and TB is broken in some fundamental way. Running Cav 3.2 with mystic champs and I feel like the Dulled node is secretly at work even after the tune up. It isn’t hard, just tedious paths even with R4 champs.

Dr. Zola
  • BboychoboBboychobo Posts: 249 ★★
    the last 2 chapters were horrible.. i hated playing it..... @Kabam Miike worst content in game so far
  • MarouenMarouen Posts: 38
    in TB difficulty, for my first passage it was very painful, I did all the quest by emptying my stock and especially for the chapter 3.
    But I discovered that to make the chapter 3 especially not to take Mystic champions, I even made several lines without boost revive or heal.
  • GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    edited January 2023
    3.2 mystic lane team was: 1 x r3 BWCV, 2 x other class champs to counter stupid defense placement, 2 x Boss counters (and you better not have to use them before boss).
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,909 ★★★★★

the Mystic chapter has to be the most disappointing Mystic chapter to date. after realizing how stupid the combination of nodes are for Mystic champs, i just pretended it didn't exist and took Valerie into it. I assume Shang CHi would do the same. but I just ignored the Mystic class altogether on that chapter.

Agreed. The "buffs" are garbage. It would be 100% better to just have each chapter with a different class supremacy boost so you could use anyone you want.