Options

BG Matchmaking Across Tiers

MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,161 ★★★★★
Twice in Platinum 2 I’ve been matched with players in Platinum 1. Is this a normal occurrence? Does it mean there are really no players at my level active in Plat 2 at the moment?

Comments

• Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,273 ★★★★★
    It happened to me last night too, being matched with a plat 1. Thankfully, it was someone who strangely was still trying to sandbag and had four 2* in their deck.
  • Options
    Gmonkey said:

Yes that is correct you can match up or down one level.

Ok thanks. Had never seen that before now and happened twice in one day seemed odd.
  • Options

It happened to me last night too, being matched with a plat 1. Thankfully, it was someone who strangely was still trying to sandbag and had four 2* in their deck.

I had that too, was matched against a Cav with half a deck of 2/1*. Not sure how he got that high unless it’s still a valid strategy.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,764 ★★★★★
    I've been in diamond 1 matching with plat players, the matchmaking will spread out searching further and further away from where you're at to get you a suitable match.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,663 ★★★★
    Yeah same thing happened to me. I was in plat 3, when I was matched with plat 1. Happenes regularly nowadays