**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What's The Point Of The Selector?

What is the point of the rewards progression selector? They have them for the lunar new year rewards, and had them for something else not too long ago (can't remember what).

But why would anyone choose the lesser reward for lower than their progression? Seems pointless and like it's just an unnecessary opportunity for people to pick the wrong thing (and probably a lot of "fix my mistake" tickets when people accidentally pick the wrong thing). Why not just give the reward for your progression?

Comments

• Options
    Jake303AoSJake303AoS Posts: 301 ★★
    JAATKING said:

Hey i am thronebreaker but i will pick t2 alpha shards and 2 legendary crystal which are lesser progress rewards everyone pick which they need most not like i hve t5basic overflow and still get t5basic shards due to progression lock.

I get that, but I imagine it's pretty rare that someone picks a lesser valued reward. Guess having the option is nice for those that do tho..
  • Options
    Nocko said:

Probably just a simple matter of it being easier to put this into the game for the devs in this way than to give each person a progression based selector.

I thought about that, but they still have to send them out based on progression, cause they're not going to have the tb reward available to a cav account, etc.. So maybe it's still easier for some reason, but I'm not sure how it would be considering it's still basically being distributed per account. Idk
  • Options

I picked the 2 legendary crystals, as did my ally mates. It makes it better so nobody can complain about some lower progression rewards being "better" than higher progression rewards

It is nice to have the option I guess. Perhaps I underestimated the amount of TB+ accounts that still value some of the lesser rewards.. but yea, having options is never a bad thing for the players!
  • Options

Nocko said:

Probably just a simple matter of it being easier to put this into the game for the devs in this way than to give each person a progression based selector.

I thought about that, but they still have to send them out based on progression, cause they're not going to have the tb reward available to a cav account, etc.. So maybe it's still easier for some reason, but I'm not sure how it would be considering it's still basically being distributed per account. Idk
    Lower progression accounts will still have it available, technically. It just will be locked and they won’t be able to select it, everyone is sent the same selector. Like the other comment said, it’s just an easy way they can provide progression based rewards. It’ll help account for cases where players increase prog tier mid event.
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 815 ★★★
    Like everyone else said....t5 basic for example....do I want 18k shards when I already have like 15 t5 basics? I like the options
  • Options
    MyIGNsbetterMyIGNsbetter Posts: 1
    Why no paragon selector?
  • Options
    FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 313 ★★
    It lets them put in an alliance event (or other set of rewards for all players) and have the rewards vary by progression-the game doesn’t currently allow alliance events to give different reward sets to different players, so the selector is a way to get around that and have progression rewards. It also means if you go up a title mid-event you start getting the higher rewards without having to switch you into an entirely new event, which historically has been an issue/point of complaints with high-value events that gate by progression.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,813 ★★★★★
    I picked the lowest reward on the platinum palooza last year when it had the 4* mercs selector so I could get Misty, whom I didn't have at 4*, rather than most likely getting a dupe 4* of everyone else in the legendary crystal.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,408 ★★★★★
    I needed the t2a over the t5b
  • Options
    DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
    I pick the lower rewards sometimes for iso-8 and stuff like that
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Sometimes I don't want Crème Brûleé. Sometimes I just want Jell-O.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    Nocko said:

100% this