**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why moving thru Portals in AW should NEVER cost you energy...

HQ101HQ101 Posts: 422 ★★
Teleporting isn't moving thru physical Space and Time. So, technically, it should never ever cost a player energy in AW.

Not to mention its just a pain in the ass to teleport and then have to wait another hour to move.

Comments

• SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Well it would take energy to move you one place to another whether or not you move through space and time. No one knows exactly how teleporting works in game but 2 theoretical ways in general on how teleporting would work is first, you move through another dimension where time and space act differently allowing you in the mcoc dimension seemingly teleport(like nightcrawler) or two, the teleporting machine scans your entire make up, then basically vaporizes you then recreates you in another location. Both methods of teleportation take energy so your first argument is moot. Your second argument is just a complaint and doesn't justify a change in the way energy works, I could just as easily complain there shouldn't be energy caps at all because its a pain in the ass to use energy to move to a node then have to wait an hour to move again
  • Brew_SwayneBrew_Swayne Posts: 500 ★★
    I could see charging the 1st player through a portal the 1 energy. If it weren't a portal, there would be a tiled path anyway.

Anyone who follows should not be charged (you aren't charged for following an explored path) but I honestly haven't paid attention to whether or not that's happening.
  • JZ734JZ734 Posts: 95
    As Brew_Swayne said, if it wasn't a portal it would be a path just like any other. The only difference with the portal is that the beginning and end nodes aren't "connected" buy a visible line. Moving to an unexplored node will always cost energy, following explored nodes never will.
  • CaptainEpiqCaptainEpiq Posts: 25
    Better yet, why does joining an AW match cost you 2 energy when you haven't moved at all??
    it doesn't cost you anything, you only start with 3. Same as with AQ.
  • CaptainEpiqCaptainEpiq Posts: 25
    Yes, but depending on when you join relative to others who have already joined, you could start with 3 energy and, say, 9 minutes left to get a 4th energy. That to me suggests it is 'costing' energy to join.
    As soon as it's started, regardless of when you join, it starts the 1-hour countdown for energy. So if you join an hour and a half after it starts you will have 4 energy and have 30 minutes to get your 5th. It doesn't cost anything.
  • Yes, but depending on when you join relative to others who have already joined, you could start with 3 energy and, say, 9 minutes left to get a 4th energy. That to me suggests it is 'costing' energy to join.

You start with three energy as soon as the war attack phase starts, not when you enter the map. That's why your energy recharge timer is already ticking when you enter.