**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dear Kabam developers….

Sand_Devil13Sand_Devil13 Posts: 47
edited January 2023 in Bugs and Known Issues
I don’t normally complain in here but….

This last update has got the game all screwed up guys. Among other bugs that people have listed here in this forum, the crucial issue I’m having is control issues again. Parry, evading, and the SP Attack button not working at times.

It’s been REALLY bad this whole week. It’s made getting Thronebreaker EQ done a nightmare. I also had a War fight, an EASY fight at that, where I lost due to evading quit working on me. I swiped back like 3 times and my champion just stood there wide open looking stupid and I took a combo to the face followed by a SP2 which killed me. Not cool, especially in War.

Ive cleaned my phone screen and also rebooted the game so many friggin times this week it’s not funny. Nothing worked.

You know, I’ll probably catch a lot of hate for this, but I would rather you guys shut the whole game down for like 3 to 4 days, hell, even a week if necessary, just to fix all these issues everyone’s having. I would rather come back to the game having most of these major issues solved rather than staying frustrated with the issues all the time. It’s just not fun to play the game like this.
Post edited by Kabam Dijon on

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,035 ★★★★★

I don’t normally complain in here but….

This last update has got the game all screwed up guys. Among other bugs that people have listed here in this forum, the crucial issue I’m having is control issues again. Parry, evading, and the SP Attack button not working at times.

It’s been REALLY bad this whole week. It’s made getting Thronebreaker EQ done a nightmare. I also had a War fight, an EASY fight at that, where I lost due to evading quit working on me. I swiped back like 3 times and my champion just stood there wide open looking stupid and I took a combo to the face followed by a SP2 which killed me. Not cool, especially in War.

Ive cleaned my phone screen and also rebooted the game so many friggin times this week it’s not funny. Nothing worked.

You know, I’ll probably catch a lot of hate for this, but I would rather you guys shut the whole game down for like 3 to 4 days, hell, even a week if necessary, just to fix all these issues everyone’s having. I would rather come back to the game having most of these major issues solved rather than staying frustrated with the issues all the time. It’s just not fun to play the game like this.

I hate to break it to you but shutting the game down does nothing. developers do not tinker with the production client while live. Maintenance isn't the same as what you're referencing either.

What you're requesting would be done on a dev build then patched into the game via a regular update or hotfix.
  • Options
    Well however it works or what they need to do, it needs to be done. I understand Kabam is in the business of making money, but they also have to keep the clientele happy as well because if too many people get frustrated for too long, well, we all know how business goes when that happens.
  • Options

Well however it works or what they need to do, it needs to be done. I understand Kabam is in the business of making money, but they also have to keep the clientele happy as well because if too many people get frustrated for too long, well, we all know how business goes when that happens.

Yes, we all know. The game is dying, blah, blah, blah. It's always dying for some reason or another. This game is apparently much like a old movie death. Takes forever to die. They've constantly working on the game and it's inputs.

If you don't understand how any of the backend processes work, I'd take a step back. You're requesting things that just aren't possible.
  • Options
    Gambl0r said:

Yes, we all know. The game is dying, blah, blah, blah. It's always dying for some reason or another. This game is apparently much like a old movie death. Takes forever to die. They've constantly working on the game and it's inputs.

If you don't understand how any of the backend processes work, I'd take a step back. You're requesting things that just aren't possible.
    What? He never said anything close to the 'game is dying'. He's requesting a patch or rollback, which is actually a common theme in the community as of late.

You're almost having a conversation with yourself, with absolutely no substance to add or discuss.

Its funny you said 'If you don't understand how any of the backend processes work, I'd take a step back.' Replace 'backend processes' with 'the game', and the statement now applies to you
    You can't "rollback" this game. They do do hotfixes all the time which are patches and OP didn't request that. OP requested they shut they game down to fix it in their initial post.

At he end of the comment I quoted, OP implied the game dying because of frustrated clientele.

I'm not an expert by any means but I do have some experience in development. I also know for a fact, that shutting the game down for a week does nothing for anyone. It's not a car to where you turn off the engine to work on it. Now, that's not to say there aren't times where the game has been put into emergency maintenance, but those reasons tend to be server issues.

If you can't understand the basics of production builds and development builds, you don't have any business asking devs to do something.
  • Options

So basically you're saying there is no hope and the game is the way it is?....broken.
    No.
  • Options
    Soooo you’re trying to tell me that there’s no possible way for them to shut the game down for up to a week to 100% concentrate on all these game issues people are having and get them fixed?

What world are you living in?
  • Options
    edited January 2023

Soooo you’re trying to tell me that there’s no possible way for them to shut the game down for up to a week to 100% concentrate on all these game issues people are having and get them fixed?

That's exactly what I'm telling you. I'm living in reality. I don't know what world you're living in though.
  • Options

Just ask yourself, if this was the solution, why haven't they done it? Why hasn't any developer done this in the history of any game?

Has CoD ever been down for a week to fix bugs?

What about Fortnite?

What about clash of clans?
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★

Just ask yourself, if this was the solution, why haven't they done it? Why hasn't any developer done this in the history of any game?

What about Fortnite?

Well, those games are better designed and dont have BASIC MECHANICS issues, inputs are the most basic mechanic of the game, and are bugged, ingame constant lag no matter the device, which makes the game hardly playable withing the input ones.

This problems are important enough to make Kabam shut down the game at least for 1 whole day to fix it, but this aint the solution still, they should work on a real beta where they can work on this stuff, and at least acknowledge that there are both input and lag issues IN THE GAME, not only for some players, all players experience lag, from the worst to the best device.

League of legends back when it came out had a lot of problems, and there were times that the game had to be shutted down for days till they fixed it, and no one was angry about it, maybe impatient because people liked the game, but people are happy when you fix bugs of a game that make it less enjoyable
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

What about Fortnite?

Well, those games are better designed and dont have BASIC MECHANICS issues, inputs are the most basic mechanic of the game, and are bugged, ingame constant lag no matter the device, which makes the game hardly playable withing the input ones.

This problems are important enough to make Kabam shut down the game at least for 1 whole day to fix it, but this aint the solution still, they should work on a real beta where they can work on this stuff, and at least acknowledge that there are both input and lag issues IN THE GAME, not only for some players, all players experience lag, from the worst to the best device.

League of legends back when it came out had a lot of problems, and there were times that the game had to be shutted down for days till they fixed it, and no one was angry about it, maybe impatient because people liked the game, but people are happy when you fix bugs of a game that make it less enjoyable
    No matter the device? I don't have any lag and a rare occurrence of input issues and I am on a Pixel 6 pro. So you're wrong.

If you think you have the answer to fix any and all issues in a day, why wouldn't you share them with the MCOC Devs? Obviously they don't have the answer to fix it in a day but you seem to have it. So why don't you share it. Fix all the bugs in a day for all the devices that run this game. Lay it out here for all of us to see.

You're also wrong about basic mechanics for those games. There was a bug in CoD where you couldn't pick up items after dropping them.
  • Options

Jefechuta said:

What about Fortnite?

No matter the device? I don't have any lag and a rare occurrence of input issues and I am on a Pixel 6 pro. So you're wrong.

If you think you have the answer to fix any and all issues in a day, why wouldn't you share them with the MCOC Devs? Obviously they don't have the answer to fix it in a day but you seem to have it. So why don't you share it. Fix all the bugs in a day for all the devices that run this game. Lay it out here for all of us to see.

You're also wrong about basic mechanics for those games. There was a bug in CoD where you couldn't pick up items after dropping them.
    Basic mechanics of CoD would be not being able to shoot.

When I say no matter the devices Im not talking about YOUR device, Im talking about the device itself, Kabam already said that there were people with THE SAME devices having different issues ingame, what means that there's something about the game that makes it dont work properly.

And no, I dont have the solution to it, Im actually studying programming in my spare time so If I get to the solution Ill give it to Kabam asap, but the first problem is that Kabam isnt even acknowledging the issues, if you dont admit that your game has issues, you wont fix them.

Kabam needs more communication within the community, more transparency, and stop being that stubborn about the advices, tips and complaints, sadly Kabam changes and updates are not well received most of the times, and as soon as people say "yo, this aint a good change", Kabam just acts like "yeah but we do what we want", honestly thats not the attitude.

And with such a good game that MCOC is, I think if Kabam did some (a lot) things better, this game would be as big a Clash of Clans or Brawler Stars.

I just hope this game never ends like other games that went from millions of players to thousands because of all this issues
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    U guys may be too young... But Kabam did rollback the servers 1 day back in the day.. and all kinds of bad things happened...it was a nightmare
  • Options
    Catmanndo said:

The inputs have been broken for me for about 1.5 years so make your own deductive reasoning, is there hope fixing these issues?
    I understand some devices work better than others, but as an Apple user, I have little faith at this moment.
    I typically finish everything added within the week it goes live and I haven’t even bothered with gauntlet or carina’s EOP.
    They’ve never shut down the app for repairs as long as I’ve been playing (6 years)

They did for maintenance.
    Coppin said:

U guys may be too young... But Kabam did rollback the servers 1 day back in the day.. and all kinds of bad things happened...it was a nightmare

I dont think they should rollback but just try things on a beta where players try the things that are giving problems while Kabam keeps patching so we can see what works and what doesnt, because there are a lot of times Kabam "fixed" things that didnt fix
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

What about Fortnite?

Basic mechanics of CoD would be not being able to shoot.

When I say no matter the devices Im not talking about YOUR device, Im talking about the device itself, Kabam already said that there were people with THE SAME devices having different issues ingame, what means that there's something about the game that makes it dont work properly.

And no, I dont have the solution to it, Im actually studying programming in my spare time so If I get to the solution Ill give it to Kabam asap, but the first problem is that Kabam isnt even acknowledging the issues, if you dont admit that your game has issues, you wont fix them.

Kabam needs more communication within the community, more transparency, and stop being that stubborn about the advices, tips and complaints, sadly Kabam changes and updates are not well received most of the times, and as soon as people say "yo, this aint a good change", Kabam just acts like "yeah but we do what we want", honestly thats not the attitude.

And with such a good game that MCOC is, I think if Kabam did some (a lot) things better, this game would be as big a Clash of Clans or Brawler Stars.

I just hope this game never ends like other games that went from millions of players to thousands because of all this issues
    lol Thanks for the laugh on this. I haven't laughed this hard since the last time I read something T rump posted about. Both you and him like throwing stuff out there hoping it has a sliver of truth.
  • Options
    Well, politics aside (because these forums weren’t meant to be political in the least bit)…

I didn’t say they SHOULD shut the game down and fix it. I merely said I’d be open to it because I’d rather come back to a game where I’m going to be happy rather than continuously be frustrated.

Another thing that kills me about the control issues is that when this happens, players are then forced to use their resources and sometimes players run out of resources and then have to resort to units and that really sucks because for AQ you’re only allowed to purchase two lvl 4 Health pots per day, like that’s gonna get you anywhere, and with War, only 5 per day or couple days (can’t remember exactly). Not to mention the health pots for War are seriously expensive.

I don’t expect Kabam to acknowledge the control issues because if they do, then it SHOULD mean compensation for everyone because of resource usage that didn’t need to happen.

In a perfect world, right?
  • Options
    Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Jefechuta said:

What about Fortnite?

While I'm not super familiar with any of the listed games, I decided to do some very brief googling.

I found this article detailing some bugs present in Call of Duty last December. The first entry reads as follows:

"The Dev Error 356 issue began cropping up with the release of Season 1 content for Modern Warfare 2 (2022) and the launch of Warzone 2.0. This bug causes a dialog box to pop up and prevent players from getting past either game’s initial loading screen.

The workaround: There’s no permanent fix for this particular issue from the development team, yet, though some PC players have had luck with repairing or verifying game files through their respective launchers."

From the sounds of it, a large number of players were completely unable to open the game. I would say that goes a step beyond a basic mechanics issue, the mechanics might as well not exist if the game is unable to progress past the loading screen

Here's an article going into depth about a bug in Fortnite from just a couple weeks ago. Apparently, one of the weapons in the game is so broken that the devs are planning to simply remove it. For some players, it allows them to infinitely jump through the air, providing a massive advantage over their opponents. For other players, it slows down their movement to a crawl, making it nigh impossible to do anything. Not only is the item broken, but it is inconsistent, offering a benefit to some players and a detriment to others.

Finally, Here's a tweet from Clash of Clans regarding an issue preventing Android devices from connecting to their servers. Again, this goes beyond issues of basic mechanics.

All the games mentioned have had issues with fundamental components. They didn't decide to just shut down the servers until things were fixed, because it doesn't make any sense. Whether or not the production servers are live has no impact on the speed at which bugs are fixed.

• Options

I'm not saying its your case.. but its funny some f2p players call themselves "clientelle"... They are window shoppers not customers...
  • Options
    Ackbar67 said:

Jefechuta said:

What about Fortnite?

While I'm not super familiar with any of the listed games, I decided to do some very brief googling.

I found this article detailing some bugs present in Call of Duty last December. The first entry reads as follows:

"The Dev Error 356 issue began cropping up with the release of Season 1 content for Modern Warfare 2 (2022) and the launch of Warzone 2.0. This bug causes a dialog box to pop up and prevent players from getting past either game’s initial loading screen.

The workaround: There’s no permanent fix for this particular issue from the development team, yet, though some PC players have had luck with repairing or verifying game files through their respective launchers."

From the sounds of it, a large number of players were completely unable to open the game. I would say that goes a step beyond a basic mechanics issue, the mechanics might as well not exist if the game is unable to progress past the loading screen

Here's an article going into depth about a bug in Fortnite from just a couple weeks ago. Apparently, one of the weapons in the game is so broken that the devs are planning to simply remove it. For some players, it allows them to infinitely jump through the air, providing a massive advantage over their opponents. For other players, it slows down their movement to a crawl, making it nigh impossible to do anything. Not only is the item broken, but it is inconsistent, offering a benefit to some players and a detriment to others.

Finally, Here's a tweet from Clash of Clans regarding an issue preventing Android devices from connecting to their servers. Again, this goes beyond issues of basic mechanics.

All the games mentioned have had issues with fundamental components. They didn't decide to just shut down the servers until things were fixed, because it doesn't make any sense. Whether or not the production servers are live has no impact on the speed at which bugs are fixed.

The big difference is that Kabam has this problems for 2 years now
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

Ackbar67 said:

Jefechuta said:

What about Fortnite?

At this point your just shifting the goal post to make your point.
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 840 ★★★★
    I have an iPhone 12 and 13, and regularly encounter combat lag spikes and input problems.
    There doesn’t seem to be a pattern at all. I can go several fights with no problem then frame rate might drop or a failed input or comically fast ai that seems to skip a frame or two.
    When parry fails, it’s usually followed by a succession of failed inputs.
    Dropped inputs seem to happen more frequently since last update.

It’s frustrating when these issues occur later on a path because you either restart the path which costs time and energy or use items.
    When it happens in AW it’s even worse.

Lots of posts about these issues. Line chats I’m in are fairly consistent in terms of most players experiencing similar problems.
  • Options
    Let me explain to u why u can't do some things on this game like others...

Rollback: back in the day there was this whole fiasco about an awakening gem... People got to use it on any champ, others were restricted to a certain list of champions... Huge drama about the prestiege wars and what not . They decided to roll back... Once they rolled back . Any person who opened a crystal got their crystal back.. people who pulled top tier champs got back to the time before opening... They opened again the crystal.. and they got some terrible pull... Kabam just said sorry...

Turn off the game for a few days: every item on every summoner's inventory is on different time expirations.. imagine having a bunch of t5b and t2a expire while the servers are off...

Games like this can only have hotfixes... U can't freeze time without messing up databases.. its not a 1st person shooter...
  • Options
    Jefechuta said:

Ackbar67 said:

Jefechuta said:

What about Fortnite?

That's actually not true. There was update to the games engine that they did fix inputs for many players. Some input issues that people still experience are timing related to how the old system worked.

But since no one likes to record videos to show what's happening, it makes it harder to pinpoint the problem.

This post is a prime example of that. There's no information other than a mention of AQ and AW and a vague TB difficulty mention. Nothing about what device they use, nothing about what fight it was. People want results but can't do much to help the devs. You want transparency but can't even hold your fellow summoner to that.

You say that it's not been acknowledged but that's what the dedicated android and iOS lag threads are about.

But again, you know more than all of and the devs apparently so I'm sure I'm wrong again.
  • Options
    Hello there,

It is clear that this thread has run its course and we will be closing it before it becomes completely non-constructive and argumentative.

We will be closing this thread. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.