**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What if relics worked like this?

Comments

• Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Definitely seems like a more meaningful impact than what the Relics currently do. And in all fairness, the current relics just feel like synergies right now, just not good ones. I think it would be harder to monetize since I don't know how ranking them up would work. One thing that I think would be confusing is what synergies would actually get activated. For example Cable. Cable has no good synergies himself. Apoc has a fantastic synergy activated with Cable that boosts both of them. If you bound an Apoc relic to Cable would that trigger synergies that Apoc has with Cable or synergies that Cable has with Apoc. Or both lol cuz their is a very big difference.
  • Options
    Gogeta91199Gogeta91199 Posts: 990 ★★★★
    K00shMaan said:

Definitely seems like a more meaningful impact than what the Relics currently do. And in all fairness, the current relics just feel like synergies right now, just not good ones. I think it would be harder to monetize since I don't know how ranking them up would work. One thing that I think would be confusing is what synergies would actually get activated. For example Cable. Cable has no good synergies himself. Apoc has a fantastic synergy activated with Cable that boosts both of them. If you bound an Apoc relic to Cable would that trigger synergies that Apoc has with Cable or synergies that Cable has with Apoc. Or both lol cuz their is a very big difference.

That is definitely a good question 🤔 i think it should be based on the collective pool of synergies i.e all the synergies a champ has in the game
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 935 ★★★
    I like your idea, but i highly doubt this would ever happen
  • Options
    SuelGames said:

One can always dream 😂
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 848 ★★★★
    I've got to be honest, I'd be happy if a Synergy Relic only activated the synergy(s) of the champion they were attached to. Might be more balanced that way.
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    Chobbly said:

I've got to be honest, I'd be happy if a Synergy Relic only activated the synergy(s) of the champion they were attached to. Might be more balanced that way.

I agree with you. Having it both ways would be too much.
  • Options
    edited January 2023

Chobbly said:

I agree with you. Having it both ways would be too much.
    Plus, both ways would be the exclusive benefit of having both actual champions. Synergy Relics would still be useful in large rosters to fill out lesser used synergies, or those with a utility niche.

There is nothing to say that the pool for Synergy Relics would need to be the same as the normal basic pool for champions either. It could be a bit more restricted, Relics added in to complement a new champ being added to the game or reworked, etc.

If I had a Captain America synergy relic, the first target would probably be for my Publisher 2099 to activate the Loyal Minister synergy. I'd probably then bring him up to R3. A Spider-Man (Classic) synergy relic would have many targets, especially with the Sinister 6 champs but also the likes of Spider-Man 2099.

Lots of options for players... And that would be a GOOD thing.
  • Options
    TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    I'll definitely take that more than whatever we have in game nw
  • Options
    Chief_primeChief_prime Posts: 70 ★★

Like many others i find relics pretty useless and feels like they come in use only to extend the combo. So while playing the game I had an epiphany. That what if relics were actually synergy champs! like you can bind only 1 relic to a certain champ( like we do now) and that champ is synergy member. Example binding a apoc relic to cable! Cable won’t need a buff or anything after that… bind the relic and it activates the synergy!
    We all want some of the synergies to be a part of the kit of champs but that hardly happens and this could be a the way of doing that in the future( that is if kabam decides to do something about useless relic situation).
    I feel many people would’ve appreciated relics if kabam would’ve done this instead!
    Do you guys think you would’ve like relics more if they came out like this?

If that ever happened I'd finally be interested in relics. As they are now I just don't care about them.
  • Options
    SuelGames said:

One can always dream 😂

Like many others i find relics pretty useless and feels like they come in use only to extend the combo. So while playing the game I had an epiphany. That what if relics were actually synergy champs! like you can bind only 1 relic to a certain champ( like we do now) and that champ is synergy member. Example binding a apoc relic to cable! Cable won’t need a buff or anything after that… bind the relic and it activates the synergy!
    We all want some of the synergies to be a part of the kit of champs but that hardly happens and this could be a the way of doing that in the future( that is if kabam decides to do something about useless relic situation).
    I feel many people would’ve appreciated relics if kabam would’ve done this instead!
    Do you guys think you would’ve like relics more if they came out like this?

If that ever happened I'd finally be interested in relics. As they are now I just don't care about them.
    I don’t think most players take interest in relics. Cuz as of now there is no real value they are adding to the champion kits. It’s just useful to extend combo sometimes but most of the times the fights are over before the relic is activated
  • Options
    Hickdog27Hickdog27 Posts: 137 ★★
    It's a cool idea. I also think a mastery relic would be cool. Where you can bind a specific mastery type to a champ.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Indeed, I agree with Jax. I have posted on other threads in the past. And usually there are a couple of people who break down rather than build up. It was a very nice experience to come up with ideas together and be respectfull to everyones ideas. Some people looked at suggestions critically, but because it was done respectfully it got us to come up with good ways to build up on our ideas.
    So to all who participated. Thank you.
  • Options
    And Jax, thank you for passing this thread along to the team. Much appreciated.

• Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    One of the biggest reasons that Relics also seem "useless" is that they've been targeted at improving champs that aren't necessarily the elite attackers. Because of this, we either place them on our best but sub optimal champions resulting in them not doing much or we put them on a lesser but perfect for them champ and the result still isn't amazing either. But there would also be outcry if they did give perfect relics for the games already game breaking champions. Kabam chose a very tentative step for introducing relics but maybe it was justified.
  • Options
    AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

There are a lot of really good ideas in this thread; I love seeing the community come together to theory craft what they'd like to see in the game. You even collectively raised and solved your own problems with the concept. Well done.

It's always been a little odd to me that one of the biggest issues Summoners have with relics is they "don't do enough." Realistically, if they were launched as an unavoidable, massive game changer... there would be much more outcry. I think it called for a 'dip your toes' approach to start that allows uninterested parties to continue life as normal.

Regardless! The good news is Relics are still in their infancy and have lots of time to progress, adjust and develop! Community feedback on what you all want to see from Relics is very helpful and, as always, positive threads with ideas like these are always the most helpful!

Keep being great, Summoners.

Edit: I also brought this to the relics team. :)

Personally, my problem isn’t how strong they are or aren’t. Though if they were overpowered; I’d take the time to really learn them. As of now, the whole thing is just an afterthought. I’m just uninterested in spending the time to really understand the process and how to use them. It seems a lot of people are also mostly ignoring relics as well.

For me, the whole concept seems foreign for the game. It doesn’t really fit the lore of the game. The game is basically a battle world with superheroes and supervillains plucked from multiverses to assure equal power levels. These hero’s are trapped in crystals until the summoner releases them. The champions all fight each other because they are under the influence of iso. But now, we collect little statues that we “attach” to a hero which allows the hero to have another temporary hero punch a few times then disappear. Just leaves me thinking, “what?”

The whole concept feels rushed and a lazy combination of ideas. Like Team A pitched relics as items players can collect for benefits to specific characters. Then Team B developed strikers. Both ideas get pushed up the chain, where the top says, “Just combine the ideas into one.” And pushed back down the chain.

It also seems that both relics and strikers could independently be great additions to the game. The striker feature was great as introduced. The striker made sense in the context of that event quest—not so much with relics.
  • Options
    edited January 2023

Absolutely. This thread has been a really pleasure to contribute to. And I think we've kicked around some nice ideas. Thanks for starting the thread @Gogeta91199 and for commenting and passing things along @Kabam Jax.

The cautious approach taken with relics so far is the right way - when the genie is let out of the bottle it's hard to put back in again. I've done RPG design and writing stuff in the past and it's always better to be slightly underpowered first off, if you can't hit the power level exactly right. I think many people had their own ideas for what relics could be.

But hopefully the Relics team will have a read through and it sparks off a conversation.
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Permanent synergies have been discussed a bunch and would be widely liked by most players. I'd doubt Kabam would ever implement them because they would break some champs even more than they already are.
  • Options
    Dude17Dude17 Posts: 133 ★★
    edited January 2023
    But yeah I love the synergy relic idea. And would love to see relics that are more meaningful to champs based on comic lore eg. binding Mjolnir to Cap America or binding Avengers with fellow team mates. Or even binding different variants with each other eg. Spidey variants
  • Options
    AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    I thought relics would have been items/weapons that could be equipped. Are all relics going to be strikers, or are strikers just the first kind of relic?
  • Options
    I was under the impression that the first wave of relics were going to be Battlecast aka strikers, with different types being added in later on. I’ll need to go and re-read the initial announcement but thats what I remember.
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

There are a lot of really good ideas in this thread; I love seeing the community come together to theory craft what they'd like to see in the game. You even collectively raised and solved your own problems with the concept. Well done.

It's always been a little odd to me that one of the biggest issues Summoners have with relics is they "don't do enough." Realistically, if they were launched as an unavoidable, massive game changer... there would be much more outcry. I think it called for a 'dip your toes' approach to start that allows uninterested parties to continue life as normal.

Regardless! The good news is Relics are still in their infancy and have lots of time to progress, adjust and develop! Community feedback on what you all want to see from Relics is very helpful and, as always, positive threads with ideas like these are always the most helpful!

Thanks jax😄
  • Options
    Chobbly said:

Absolutely. This thread has been a really pleasure to contribute to. And I think we've kicked around some nice ideas. Thanks for starting the thread @Gogeta91199 and for commenting and passing things along @Kabam Jax.

The cautious approach taken with relics so far is the right way - when the genie is let out of the bottle it's hard to put back in again. I've done RPG design and writing stuff in the past and it's always better to be slightly underpowered first off, if you can't hit the power level exactly right. I think many people had their own ideas for what relics could be.

But hopefully the Relics team will have a read through and it sparks off a conversation.
    Thanks to all who contributed with problems and solutions!

And yea it makes sense for them to be underpowered at first but i think it would’ve been alright if they started off a little underpowered but i think they started iff on the wrong foot… we should’ve gotten a little taste of power from the ground up to get us interested in relics. But lets see how it goes in the future hopefully with our ideas the game team can come up with something spectacular!
  • Options
    Dude17 said:

But yeah I love the synergy relic idea. And would love to see relics that are more meaningful to champs based on comic lore eg. binding Mjolnir to Cap America or binding Avengers with fellow team mates. Or even binding different variants with each other eg. Spidey variants

I want a stormbreaker on Og thor🥹 or a stormbreaker thor😅
  • Options
    Chobbly said:

I was under the impression that the first wave of relics were going to be Battlecast aka strikers, with different types being added in later on. I’ll need to go and re-read the initial announcement but thats what I remember.

Yea i think it was something like that as well… the problem with that is battlecast aren’t showing anything special as of now making them not desirable. Hopefully this thread can contribute to some osm relic designs in the future!
  • Options
    CapriciousCapricious Posts: 215 ★★
    edited February 2023
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Alright… since we’re reading THIS one 🤨
    Hopefully the dev team will at least discuss this

• Options

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

Ah man😂 this has happened to me on numerous occasions, i have suggested alot of things but my threads usually don’t get too much reach and thus no replies from the game team. This thread however picked up and there was some really good discussion and then the game team chimed in as well
  • Options

Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

This idea is not exactly the same thou. Since the Heimdall avoid dead is a Heimdall synergy. And not a synergy that is part of the champ you put it on. Just constantly having an avoid dead might be too much. In this thread we have put limits on their power. So it might be because of that.