Options

Timeline for BG-rewards [merged]

Badass84Badass84 Posts: 316 ★★★
edited February 2023 in General Discussion
I just want to gently ask if there is a timeline for the BG-rewards.
We have to switch some menbers because 3 pkayers quit the game because of lack of time or annoyed of the way it goes atm.
So the 3 will leave soon or already have left us and with upcoming AQ we need the 3 members in our alliance who are just waiting for the rewards coming out.
I know that there is a need of time to ban cheaters, modders and Co. but how long will it take this time.
And btw isn't there a possibility to ban them during the season? I would appreciate a complete ban for ever - would be making everything much easier.
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    TheLightBringerTheLightBringer Posts: 453 ★★★★
    As long as they're coming before Monday I'll be fine, I just don't want to miss the store reset before rewards are here
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,559 ★★★★★
    If I had to guess, I would say early next week. My definition of early is Monday/Tuesday.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Took a week last cycle, as I recall.
  • Options
    Man I'm in the same boat but we had one leave. So I'm running one short til bg rewards drop. I'm hoping they get them out before aq starts back up.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

Took a week last cycle, as I recall.

It didn’t. The last cycle ended on Monday at midday EST and rewards dropped about 72 hours later.

The challenge here is that this season ended on Wednesday, so if it’s 72ish hours again, that’s Saturday, which isn’t a business day, so that may be unlikely and it may push to Monday.

It would be nice for planning, recruiting etc for them to take this week off the table if it is in fact off the table.
  • Options
    Would also like to know this. Trying to start up an alliance before next AW season and this is making recruiting harder and I find myself having to linger in the alliance I’m trying to leave to start my own because I’m waiting for rewards.
  • Options
    SuperFly96SuperFly96 Posts: 7
    Hello there,anyone know when battleground rewards are coming out? appriciete on the answer
  • Options
    GladsGlads Posts: 397 ★★★
    @kabamjax, I appreciate your reply as I am sure everyone does. I guess the community and myself don't understand why it takes so long, like others our alliance is on a sticky wicket dealing with people coming and going and being fair.
    There are 3 options as far as I see, one would need some know how
    1) Including AI and machine learning to track cheaters how you look for them manually
    2) actually do your checks every couple of days
    3) allow people to leave and take rewards with them as long as they are there when the season finishes

Option 3 can be used if you don't have capabilities, but honestly the AI isn't that hard my workplace has been doing this for ~5 years with little computer engineering skills
  • Options
    Glads said:

@kabamjax, I appreciate your reply as I am sure everyone does. I guess the community and myself don't understand why it takes so long, like others our alliance is on a sticky wicket dealing with people coming and going and being fair.
    1) Including AI and machine learning to track cheaters how you look for them manually
    3) allow people to leave and take rewards with them as long as they are there when the season finishes

Option 3 can be used if you don't have capabilities, but honestly the AI isn't that hard my workplace has been doing this for ~5 years with little computer engineering skills

They have been removing cheaters pretty much on a daily basis, certainly near the top ends of the leaderboard. The obvious ones are pretty easy to catch - doing NF in 20s is an easy ban - but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s plenty of people with their mod machines on 20% who are doing a NF in 45s, which is a possible time but needs RNG of the gods to do it.

With over 10,000 people in the Circuit and countless more in the VC track, most of whom do a few fights a day at the very least, can you imagine the amount of reports that get sent? Even if an AI machine is able to judge 95% of them on its own, those on the cusp which need human judgment probably account for days of work.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,265 ★★★★★
    Glads said:

I don't want a fallable program to take action. I want them to make due diligence in making sure the actions they do take are verified as surely as possible. Which means it's going to take some time. We're not going to fall apart in a few days. On top of that, the War Season just ended, so there's time.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,070 ★★★★★
    Glads said:

So you want them to use a 3rd party program but can't trust them to fix inputs or keep servers running etc.. ?
  • Options
    @Mauled kabam doesn't share details how they do things so we are guessing.
    AI is very good in my professional experience the hardest thing is optimising your training set. While technically easy it takes time 2 to 3 months for a course grain, and refine with time. This would save kabam money and time.
    That said why not option 3 is easier doesn't take a genius
  • Options
    meoreanmeorean Posts: 57
    Glads said:

Ahhh yes, since your workplace was able to do implement AI for some unknown task. Kabam must also be able to do it because it is easy... LOL
  • Options
    Glads said:

kabam doesn't share details how they do things so we are guessing.
    AI is very good in my professional experience the hardest thing is optimising your training set. While technically easy it takes time 2 to 3 months for a course grain, and refine with time. This would save kabam money and time.
    That said why not option 3 is easier doesn't take a genius

The hard part about the AI is the modders change their strategy season to season, or even meta to meta. It would be insanely difficult to get it good enough since as you mentioned, it will be 2 to 3 months behind. I do agree your option 3 would probably be the most practical, but not knowing the processes they are working with, I can't say if they can easily do that.
  • Options
    meorean said:

Glads said:

Ahhh yes, since your workplace was able to do implement AI for some unknown task. Kabam must also be able to do it because it is easy... LOL
    I am a biological scientist, kabam are a group of software engineers/programmers yes it should be simple
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    I feel like it should be relatively straight forward for an AI to detect cheaters. The game knows how much damage should be dealt on certain hits/effects/etc. All it has to do after that is find a situation where that number is not correct and boom, you got 'em. Test the system enough until your confident in it's success level. Maybe keep doing manual checks on the positives until you've convinced that there aren't many false positives.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey everyone,

So, we approach this once again.

The timeline from season end to reward distribution is usually less than a week. As pointed out in this thread, last season we had the turn around time closer to 72 hours.

We understand the difficulty for alliance management as we wait for the rewards to be distributed, but it's a necessary evil to do our best to ensure everyone is getting appropriate rewards.

As we continue to make progress on vetting and banning modders/cheaters and implement new automation along the way we're hopeful that this timeline will continue to shrink.

Kudos to all of you, as there are substantially fewer asks this season.

Thanks for this. Hopefully you’re able to answer some follow up questions about how the sausage gets made.

Is this a manual-enough process that things like this shouldn’t be expected to come through on weekends?

Are you able to rule out the possibility of rewards tomorrow and/or this weekend? That’ll allow alliance leaders to know what’s necessary heading into the next AQ cycle. Thanks for anything you can share.
  • Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Anyone know?
  • Options
    SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    soon....
  • Options
    Justin2524Justin2524 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★
    Has Kabam said anything?
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,170 ★★★★
    Yeah there is a post. They say its usually a week, last season 72 hours and they aim to do better each season.
  • Options
    Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Posts: 472 ★★★
    I think probably by Sunday or about 4 days after it had ended
  • Options
    YkckivyYkckivy Posts: 2
    Do anyone know when battleground season 4 rewards come out ??