**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Battlegrounds S5 week 3 meta

JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
Sounds like a very tough week with 3 of the 4 nodes, but throwing in Force Of Will as well is insanity imo.

I don’t have a huge problem with Force of will when it’s in questing, you can see the defender and plan accordingly. With battlegrounds that node alone is going to subtle control outcomes too much imo.

Thoughts? Anyone excited for it?

Comments

• Options
    AmaadAkiraAmaadAkira Posts: 388 ★★★
    edited February 2023
    Where have the nodes released?

Edit: nvm saw them, yeah that's a bit rough
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★
    The point of Battlegrounds is to plan on the spot. Force of Will helps shuts down champions that are great in other metas (like Archangel and Neutralize Mystics) to “encourage” us to use other champions during that week
  • Options
    TanukiTalesTanukiTales Posts: 255 ★★
    Not as bad as this last season, at least.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Siliyo said:

The point of Battlegrounds is to plan on the spot. Force of Will helps shuts down champions that are great in other metas (like Archangel and Neutralize Mystics) to “encourage” us to use other champions during that week

Can't plan beforehand if the drafting process is RNG. Not only do you need to pray your best options aren't banned but you've also got to maintain a balance of attackers/defenders and actual counters to the opponent's champs.

Anyway, last week is gonna be funny. Bring in a 5* R3/4 moleman as a defender and you're good
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    doesn't sound difficult to me at all .. last season was much worse.
  • Options
    It is just fight or flight, you just need to have distance from the enemy and you'll go unstoppable instead of them. If you use stagger then it won't be an issue. The reason force of will is there is to prevent slow and neutralize champions. All it will do is keep you on your toes with your spacing and timing.
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 430 ★★★
    I don’t really like the upcoming VT meta. Yes, the last one was more restrictive, but I liked it because of that. Now it’s back to who does more damage in the shorter amount of time.
  • Options
    Last season was worse in my opinion since it damaged the attacker, while this season's meta relies more on slowing down and staying away to remove the weakness debuff unless you have multiple Purifiers/Cleansers
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

It is just fight or flight, you just need to have distance from the enemy and you'll go unstoppable instead of them. If you use stagger then it won't be an issue. The reason force of will is there is to prevent slow and neutralize champions. All it will do is keep you on your toes with your spacing and timing.

Don't think you read all the nodes
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Personally I’m least concerned about fight or flight but rather the Force Of will node.

For example, can’t use blade vs dimensional beings to lower their abilities. Archangel will be near useless in any matchup. While those could be minor, think of using Falcon vs thing ? There is a lot to consider and putting force of will on a battleground meta is overkill imo.
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 638 ★★★
    I have almost already decided to just play for week 1 and week 4. I may play a match here and there in week 2 and 3 if I have energy to spare. But definitely not wasting it on week 3. Double unstoppable nodes and force of will. It will be fun for people with massive rosters though
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,402 ★★★★★

I have almost already decided to just play for week 1 and week 4. I may play a match here and there in week 2 and 3 if I have energy to spare. But definitely not wasting it on week 3. Double unstoppable nodes and force of will. It will be fun for people with massive rosters though

You saying you will reach GC in week 1?
  • Options

Not unlikely, I was in GC this season 4 days in. Played a few matches of the week 1 GC meta.
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 638 ★★★

I did it this past season. It’s possible if I have time to invest
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Forget week 3, I'm more concerned about week 4
    Week 4 is basically fully unblockable fights after 1st or 2nd combo.....may be 3rd & at best 4th Combo for some mystics

I know week 3 is also tough but week 4 is the one that decides ur final ranks
  • Options
    IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,247 ★★★★
    AMS94 said:

Week 4 is basically fully unblockable fights after 1st or 2nd combo.....may be 3rd & at best 4th Combo for some mystics

I was thinking about the same. Can this also be a place for brainstorming week 4 counters? So far I'm thinking about the following:
    - does neutralize work? Because rage isnt affected by ability accuracy I was thinking not
    - DOT will be the way to go with polka dot power
    - With limited health pool could champs like AA and torch for example hit the 1% of health in hits/heavies? This will make even DOT champs not easy to use
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023

AMS94 said:

I was thinking about the same. Can this also be a place for brainstorming week 4 counters? So far I'm thinking about the following:
    - does neutralize work? Because rage isnt affected by ability accuracy I was thinking not
    - With limited health pool could champs like AA and torch for example hit the 1% of health in hits/heavies? This will make even DOT champs not easy to use
    I'm pretty sure Neutralise won't work since Rage node isn't affected by AAR

The average healthpool of BG defenders is about 140k-200k
    The cap is so low that even non crit champs will be giving fury buffs on basic hits

There is no option to not make the defenders go unblockable other than using BWCV to inflict buff immunity
    Perhaps even Longshot won't work since he won't be able to reach Sp2 due to polka dot power

For BG level healthpools even Rage 2.5 might be a little low.....Rage 1 is basically the same as defenders having passive unblockable node on them after first 10-15 seconds

Add to that defenders like Joe Fixit, Bishop, Punisher 2099, War Machine, Falcon.....add all that and u're in for a treat
  • Options
    kahlkorverkahlkorver Posts: 161
    AMS94 said:

AMS94 said:

I'm pretty sure Neutralise won't work since Rage node isn't affected by AAR

The average healthpool of BG defenders is about 140k-200k
    The cap is so low that even non crit champs will be giving fury buffs on basic hits

There is no option to not make the defenders go unblockable other than using BWCV to inflict buff immunity
    Perhaps even Longshot won't work since he won't be able to reach Sp2 due to polka dot power

For BG level healthpools even Rage 2.5 might be a little low.....Rage 1 is basically the same as defenders having passive unblockable node on them after first 10-15 seconds

Add to that defenders like Joe Fixit, Bishop, Punisher 2099, War Machine, Falcon.....add all that and u're in for a treat
    Add Emma which starts at diamond form and basically immune to all DOT so you won't even gain power. LOL.
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

Pikolu said:

Personally I’m least concerned about fight or flight but rather the Force Of will node.

For example, can’t use blade vs dimensional beings to lower their abilities. Archangel will be near useless in any matchup. While those could be minor, think of using Falcon vs thing ? There is a lot to consider and putting force of will on a battleground meta is overkill imo.
    Blade can bypass aar immunity
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,219 ★★★★★
    The more the BS nodes are in BG, The more I love to play em. F-WORD NUKE META (IN CAPS, YES)

With Best rewards comes BS node responsibility.
  • Options

Jaded said:

Pikolu said:

Blade can bypass aar immunity
    Unfortunately not with force of will, can still use the extra damage but won’t lower ability accuracy.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,674 Guardian
    edited February 2023

Pikolu said:

Don't think you read all the nodes
    Cool, I missed the one part where they get the unstoppable every 15 seconds. That doesn't change my assessment of this meta, stagger champions are going to be great on offense still. Mystics can still easily nullify and it will be a mostly mystic dominated meta. If you don't have a mystic, you can simply bring in kitty pryde or another champion with a lot of prowess and my first assessment is just fine.
  • Options
    K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

This is honestly my strategy for BGs in general. There isn't a lot of incentive to push to GC early unless you're really gunning for a very high placement. Even getting 100 or so points in GC is already like top 3000 and that really only takes like a day or 2 to accomplish once you hit GC. I basically try and push to Gold 3 in the first two days and then just do milestones until Week 4. If I'm not GC yet I'll do a push but I usually arrive there around that time. Strat has worked for all 4 seasons so far.