**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Your Reactions

Been surfing the forums (I have to get ready for some exams so I'm taking this time to play marvel and read posts). I came upon something that I've noticed before but ignored. The disagree and agree reactions in general. I'm geniunely curious as to the thought process. I've seen posts that are perfectly valid and give amazing advice (like nick fury applies bleeds type of valid, just straight up facts) with over a dozen disagrees and no agrees. On the flip side really bad insults, like on a mental level (stupid head and stuff like that), just bad, get so many agrees. Do you guys use disagree as a dislike button (cuz you salty you don't have nick fury) or as a disagree (cuz you think nick fury applies poision) or because you don't like the agree button(nick fury doesn't interest you). This isn't to start and argument I actually just want to know what you think when you read a post.

p.s. nick fury applies bleeds

Comments

• DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    The amount of disagree hits most of time are just for the sake of fun. However sometimes in genuine.. however in my this present comments, now it will be for the sake of fun.

• The fact you just posted this and already have 2 disagrees probably answers your question. But my perception is that some people just love that disagree button as if there was a contest to hit disagree the most.

I'm also convinced that many people hit disagree without even reading the posts based on certain user names (one specifically comes to mind who gets way more disagrees then is deserved at times).

But then there are people who agree or disagree based on the perspective of the post and if it falls in line with their thought process or account. If someone is proposing something that favors lower accounts, it's not uncommon for lower accounts to agree and higher accounts disagree and vice versa.

Insightful, and yes that is true. But now i don't know if 4 people clicked disagree cuz.. wait there is no reason as far as I see. Maybe they don't know the NF sauce, maybe the emotional age of a four year old gives the disagree button the same attraction as a cookie jar as you said, or maybe perhaps it was too many words to read, the average attention span has gone down.
    My point being, i gave no opinion, disagreeing logically makes no sense, yet here we are.

Anyway cool to know that some people probably thought they were clever clicking the disagree button on a post about disagree buttons and are now chuckling away at the amazing joke they have made.

Merry Christmas
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    There are some disagree spammers on the forums
    Sometimes if ur post is really factual & valid, it might attract a few disagrees before getting any agrees or likes or any other positive reaction......this also indicates that those disagree spammers are highly active on the forums

And a few people just hold grudges towards some profiles due to past discussions (arguments) & that's why they spam disagrees on any post/comment coming from those profiles......this one is pretty common & some accounts are notorious for doing this
  • some people just spam them and some specifically target accounts for things they’ve said in the past (the most well known example being grounded wisdom)

ah yes grounded wisdom. Most cannot understand it. So if all else fails spam that button like your life depends on it, coherent counter arguments in the face of unmvoing rationality are overrated anyways.
  • AMS94 said:

There are some disagree spammers on the forums
    Sometimes if ur post is really factual & valid, it might attract a few disagrees before getting any agrees or likes or any other positive reaction......this also indicates that those disagree spammers are highly active on the forums

Well when they have exhausted their irritating voices in global chat, or have otherwise been blocked by an entire community, to the forums with anonymous idiocracy we go
  • DJMNH said:

The amount of disagree hits most of time are just for the sake of fun. However sometimes in genuine.. however in my this present comments, now it will be for the sake of fun.

I appreciate it my man, this post really hasn't helped my ratio but fun has its own merits
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,240 ★★★★
    edited February 2023

some people just spam them and some specifically target accounts for things they’ve said in the past (the most well known example being grounded wisdom)

ah yes grounded wisdom. Most cannot understand it. So if all else fails spam that button like your life depends on it, coherent counter arguments in the face of unmvoing rationality are overrated anyways.
    Sometimes he can be unnecessary contrarian tho, e.g. the recent battlegrounds matchmaking discussion between DNA3000 and him. He just didn't want to leave his point of view.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    The Disagree spammers are little kids waiting for mommy to make more pizza bites.
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 992 ★★★★
    Welcome to the internet.

Anonymity breeds stupidity cause there's no real consequences.

If someone was in a job interview and disagreed that humans require oxygen to survive, that person probably wouldn't get the job, and hence, probably wouldn't disagree with a fact.

When a random user name protects you from real life, ignorance prevails.

One of my favorite shows, The Newsroom, has an episode where the main character goes on a rant suggesting that anyone who posts something on the internet should have to be verified with personally identifiable information. It was brilliant!
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Any post that talks about why they are getting disagrees(like this post) or complains about disagrees, i immediately press disagree, no questions asked
  • Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Posts: 457 ★★★
    I my reaction accordingly lol. If It's funny, "lol", if it's cool "Awesome" if I find it disagreeable, "Disagree", great advice? "insightful". Pretty much all too for me. I don't like spamming, It's not cool
  • ChiliDogChiliDog Posts: 883 ★★★

The fact you just posted this and already have 2 disagrees (edit: now 5 disagrees 8 minutes after this reply) probably answers your question. But my perception is that some people just love that disagree button as if there was a contest to hit disagree the most.

I'm also convinced that many people hit disagree without even reading the posts based on certain user names (one specifically comes to mind who gets way more disagrees then is deserved at times).

But then there are people who agree or disagree based on the perspective of the post and if it falls in line with their thought process or account. If someone is proposing something that favors lower accounts, it's not uncommon for lower accounts to agree and higher accounts disagree and vice versa.

Agree to all. Plus sometimes the one who probably comes to mind needs more disagrees on a few posts here recently, lol, but it is spammed even if they say grass is typically green. So, it is ignorance at best and mostly childish stupidity.

I know algorithms don't exist here the same way as say youtube dislikes, but there is a reason why they turned the button off.

I've found people on here to be total bungholes or just way off base in a thread and extremely helpful in another. But definitely some just spam based on names or just going down the list for fun I guess. I'm sure the "one" wears it as a badge of honor.
  • Any post that talks about why they are getting disagrees(like this post) or complains about disagrees, i immediately press disagree, no questions asked

If you read the post in its entirety you would see that I'm not asking why I get disagrees nor complaining abouth them, just why people choose to react the way they do. The focus of this post wasn't even disagrees, it was reactions in general. Disagree is more common and more widespreadly used in the wrong way, so it became the thing people focused on. No one is going to explain why lol is used (just for you; it means laugh out loud, implying humour). Your answer in itself explains some stuff. Now I know it is because people either don't read (or can't read) or don't understand(or can't).