**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gladiator is the Summoners Choice 2023 Champion!

Comments

• Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

I mean why wouldn't the community vote for a new class and not Hercules 2.0? smh

I'm just not even interested in this dude. I didn't vote for him a single time.

Because the cosmic class is the favorite child
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★

Such bs why are ppl like this we need diversity not another cosmic champ

I first saw Gladiator in the X-Men cartoons from the 80’s, and in the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix comics. Have liked the character ever since. White Tiger on the other hand…never heard of her before this series of votes, and I trust Kabam will balance out the classes in due course even if we do have one more good cosmic.
  • Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Gladiator will be similar to Hercules but different. Kabam will make it right, they always have.
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★

Aburaees said:

I first saw Gladiator in the X-Men cartoons from the 80’s, and in the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix comics. Have liked the character ever since. White Tiger on the other hand…never heard of her before this series of votes, and I trust Kabam will balance out the classes in due course even if we do have one more good cosmic.
    Don't waste your time explaining why you voted for him. People are going to be angry regardless calling the whole summoner's choice vote rigged lol just enjoy the victory in silence like the rest of us.
    I think people are trying to figure out why the results didn’t match the forum polls. But the forums are nowhere near representative of the total voting population, so I’m not surprised at all.

I just thought it would be nice to share some insight into my own choice. I think anyone who watched the animated series will remember Gladiator and how he manhandled Juggernaut, and some will remember Gambit knocking him out in the comics using the “whole deck”.

• AxewAxew Posts: 622 ★★★★
    Sorry if this has been answered, but did they state an estimated time for his release? Late 2023? Or is he scheduled for 2024?
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★
    You mean…Hyp2.0😂
  • L1zardW1zardL1zardW1zard Posts: 144 ★★★
    Aburaees said:

Aburaees said:

Don't waste your time explaining why you voted for him. People are going to be angry regardless calling the whole summoner's choice vote rigged lol just enjoy the victory in silence like the rest of us.
    I think people are trying to figure out why the results didn’t match the forum polls. But the forums are nowhere near representative of the total voting population, so I’m not surprised at all.

I just thought it would be nice to share some insight into my own choice. I think anyone who watched the animated series will remember Gladiator and how he manhandled Juggernaut, and some will remember Gambit knocking him out in the comics using the “whole deck”.

Oh no I know, that's personally why I voted for him too. Dude took a whole ass punch from Juggs in the face and didn't even flinch.
    It just seems like anyone who voted for Glad gets hate here in the forums regardless so that's why I said what I said.
  • DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,066 ★★★★★

I mean why wouldn't the community vote for a new class and not Hercules 2.0? smh

Because the cosmic class is the favorite child
    yeah just disappointing. not because i voted White Tiger but because i would preferred any class that we don't have already just to see how they hold up under the development of a Summoner's Choice champ.

no doubt Gladiator will be well rounded but reading his potential abilities, we have that already.
  • Super_Gamer_Boy518Super_Gamer_Boy518 Posts: 73
    edited February 2023
    I'm not happy. And that's for 3 reasons. 1st, we have Hercules who is not only an amazing cosmic champion, but already won the first summoners choice vote. So if we've already had a cosmic champion win, why have 2? 2nd, we don't need another cosmic champion. More specifically, we don't need another overpowered cosmic champion. 3rd, Gladiator seems similar to another character. That being Adam Warlock. And if you've seen the Guardians of the Galaxy 3 trailer, you may have noticed Adam is in the movie. And since the movie's coming in May, there's a good chance that he will be added to the game. So what's the point of having 2 similar characters added to the game in the same year. Needless to say, i'm really upset. Not only did I want Bullseye to win, but I didn't want Gladiator to win. And yet he did.
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    Friendly remind that Gladiator won doesn't mean they don't make strong champ in other class(didn't we have Abs man this month ?), it's just a guarantee that he will OP, also OS exits, they will probadly add her in next year. And they are lots of ppl that care about character itself than gameplay, and Gladiator won that aspect.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,625 ★★★★★
    Do votes count at all
  • KnightNvrEndingKnightNvrEnding Posts: 446 ★★★

Do votes count at all

Yes. The 50.5% of votes that went to Gladiator won him the Competition. it was very close.
    ALLEGEDLY😂
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★

Same. I don’t even know who he is. I’m not gonna be exited for a character I have no knowledge of.
  • UltragamerUltragamer Posts: 393 ★★★
    If they wanted gladiator to add gladiator they don’t have to rig summoner choice they can just add him whenever they want 50.5% voted him he won fair and square
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    Gladiator Sweep
  • Rasilover said:

White tiger bros malding rn
    #GladiatorSweep :)

I wouldn’t say a .5 victory is a sweep
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,216 ★★★★★
    Mehhh. 🛌
    Moving on....
  • Hulverine_1Hulverine_1 Posts: 72

kinda hope he won't be herc level, we don't need even more cosmic domination.

Why would you want the third summoners choice worse than the first? Even tho it prolly won't happen I'd rather glad be better than herc
  • Hulverine_1Hulverine_1 Posts: 72

psp742 said:

I believe that White Tiger will still be brought into mcoc.. maybe not similar to the spotlight kabam is going shine on Gladiator.. but still enough to keep her decent.

I mean, it would be cool if they pulled out the surprise card and brought her alongside gladiator.
    That would be AMAZING bc I rlly wanted tiger to win... Mainly cuz I'm an Ultimate Spider-Man fan lol. But I wonder if it was exactly 50/50 and not 50.5/49.5 if they woulda added both of them to the contest and not just one
  • solopolosolopolo Posts: 883 ★★★
    Guess cosmic will continue to be the best class for another 2 years. We got galan and hulkling last year, now Hyperion number 12 🥱
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 ★★★★
    I'm not bitter - after Echo and then Bullseye went out I wasn't particularly invested but voted for White Tiger just because Cosmic feels it's doing fine at the moment.

There is a bit of a missed opportunity here, I think - I'd have liked to have seen someone different to see the design team flex their muscles a bit more. I'd have liked to have seen what they came up with for Deathlok, Marrow or Echo. Oh well.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    Yall do know that just because white tiger lost, she'll still come about 4 months later yea?
  • SpaceCorpSpaceCorp Posts: 73
    I am disappointed with the fact that Gladiator won, but I am not mad that he won. He looks amazing in his bio and power set, so they could take him anywhere. Just don't want him as Hercules 2.0 or Hyperion 2.0. I would be furious if that is what he is.
  • SpaceCorp said:

I am disappointed with the fact that Gladiator won, but I am not mad that he won. He looks amazing in his bio and power set, so they could take him anywhere. Just don't want him as Hercules 2.0 or Hyperion 2.0. I would be furious if that is what he is.

That’s essentially why I didn’t vote for him. His look and feel seems to go toward that route and if that’s the case, I ain’t a fan. We will see though. I wasn’t a fan QS one and I ranked that guy up quickly. I eventually gave in to Hercules as well haha
  • ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    You know you’ve hit the nail in the head when a mod silences your politely worded opinion instead of having a conversation.