**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Any idea why CAIW takes damage hitting Mr Negative?

J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
I’ve had this happen to me in several contents and nodes. The latest one is in battlegrounds victory track meta. I remember a similar incident in AW path 5 first fight.

Thanks.

Comments

• djr17djr17 Posts: 649 ★★★
    edited February 2023
    While charged, Cap will nullify unstoppable. Mr Neg is immune to nullify. I would wager the damage is due to cap trying to nullify what isn't there, and Neg is immune to the useless nullify attempt, and you're taking damage per his sig.

But I'd wait for someone smarter than me to respond to be sure.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

When CapIW is kinetically charged he has a 100% chance to nullify any unstoppable buffs on the opponent. So basically, any time you hit Negative, he attemps to nullify a buff that isn't there. Due to Negative's sig, you take damage any time his nullify/fate seal/stagger immunity triggers

Given that Mr Negative doesn’t have any buff Caiw is trying to nullify, I don’t think this interaction makes sense. Or do you think it does?
    Then shouldn’t it interact the same way with other mystics that tries to nullify a buff that isn’t there.

Edit:
    Why isn’t Claire taking damage for trying to nullify a buff that isn’t there?

It's a hold over interaction from when people noticed he could remove annihilus's rod the same way and there was some push bakc when it was talked about being fixed
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    This has always been something Mr Negative does. I made a thread on it ages ago, if you want to read through: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/264543/champions-who-punish-nullify-has-kabam-got-it-right#latest