**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

BGs Killing my Drive

Comments

• willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★

If they still want Shields to matter how about:
    Bronze-Gold: Prestige matchmaking and no token loss.
    Platnum-Vibranium: Random matchmaking and token loss.

That'll give the small accounts three whole levels basically guaranteed every season and if they want to earn more they need to progress. It will also allow the top accounts to properly move to the appropriate tiers. Kabam still can sell shields as most people don't use them in the lower levers anyway. Win/win/win.

My issue with that is high level paragons still can’t progress as they are still battling themselves. I still prefer a milestone type approach where you get points for wins, and reaching x wins gets you to the next tier.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Clearly someone didn't read what I said. Lol.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023
    I still feel that BG's is the most lucrative area ingame, my participation in other areas has dropped markedly and will stay that way until 8.2 drops.

Which I will "content rush" then go back to BG's.

For a scrub like me (early paragon, or TB+ as it has been called), where am I going to get 60k 6* shards in two weeks, which is where I'm at so far this season?

Some game modes are better for roster progression than others but this is so lopsided it's not funny.

I tell you this though, between matchmaking and the bugs, the dopamine hit is wearing off.

I don't think you know what dyslexia is. I also don't think you realize how disrespectful that is. It's your Account on here, that's all I can say.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    OP forgot to mention that even if you could get 3 straight wins repeatedly (x15), all the bugs, crashes, and modders will work against those skills.
  • VydraVydra Posts: 125 ★★
    Well, this thread is a proper read. But unfortunately so much I disagree with. And I’m glad Kabam Jax feels that there’s a lot of biased opinions based around how matchmaking suit a particular group of players who feel strongly about it.

I do quite like the idea of racking up wins to progress higher but I do find it ironic that the numbers of wins has to be increased to match the “difficulty” we currently face. Is that saying the current system, while “difficult”, is just not what you want?

Definitely some elitism felt in some of the comments where said paragon players want to face lower progression players to take their spots in GC. Does that mean you don’t fare well against players on your own level? But again, quite ridiculous that we have Uncollected players in GC

Some other concerns stem from players having to work and taking care of kids. This game in itself is a commitment, so wanting the game to suit your schedule is a bit selfish and entitled. You progress at your own pace and time. Everyone else who plays has other commitments as well and try their best to make it work

Even if matchmaking was fixed, the likelihood of a new set of players who are unhappy with the changes will arise. Personally feel that there’s a lot of biased assumptions of what the rest of the player base feels about BGs in this thread which I don’t think is the case. And I certainly hope the opinions in this thread is taken with a pinch of salt as the Kabam mods read and pass along info

edited February 2023

Coming here after so many loses
    Done more than 10 fights in I think Plat I and all my Elder marks are over. Somethings definitely wrong here

More than 10 fights in Plat1? You think that’s a lot lol. I’ve had instances where 20+ fights weren’t enough. Always made my way into GC though

What’s wrong is that players like yourself have the expectation that because you have a strong account, you’re entitled to winning and progressing as fast as possible
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,106 ★★★★
    Vydra said:

Coming here after so many loses
    Done more than 10 fights in I think Plat I and all my Elder marks are over. Somethings definitely wrong here

More than 10 fights in Plat1? You think that’s a lot lol. I’ve had instances where 20+ fights weren’t enough. Always made my way into GC though

What’s wrong is that players like yourself have the expectation that because you have a strong account, you’re entitled to winning and progressing as fast as possible
    Whoooooosh....
  • GivMeABeerGivMeABeer Posts: 202 ★★
    OP here again, felt I needed tonprovide this update as it’s very relevant. Over the last 3 days I’ve have someone gone 12-1 in my matches and gone from Silver 3 to Gold 2. Match making had nothing to do with it. I’ve been playing better, making good roster draft choices and attack/defense selections. Obviously it’s a lot more fun when you win but I do think people need to reconsider how their losses are occurring and be 100% honest that it’s not always about match making and it will come down to playing well and your strategy.
  • Logan00Logan00 Posts: 564 ★★★
    What a mess of season, the last one was bad this one is worse, can't wait to see the next one!!!!, I can not win 2 consecutive fights in diamond 2, won one loss 3 , won one loss 4, won one loss 3 and played like 80 matches and all same pattern. What a disaster
  • GivMeABeerGivMeABeer Posts: 202 ★★

OP here again, felt I needed tonprovide this update as it’s very relevant. Over the last 3 days I’ve have someone gone 12-1 in my matches and gone from Silver 3 to Gold 2. Match making had nothing to do with it. I’ve been playing better, making good roster draft choices and attack/defense selections. Obviously it’s a lot more fun when you win but I do think people need to reconsider how their losses are occurring and be 100% honest that it’s not always about match making and it will come down to playing well and your strategy.

You don't think it has anything to do with most of the more dedicated and strongest players/rosters have already moved up tiers meaning your not facing as many of the top players in the lower tiers anymore?

My win streaks are also increasing lately, but Im playing the same and same strategy, and I know why (answer is above).
    Honestly I didn’t feel like I was getting matched a ton with accounts much higher than mine. I do feel like I have played and selected champs better, but yes I am sure part of it is other players moving up and facing those with less skill or that choose poorly.

But I also don’t feel like that is a terrible thing, I am able to progress finally. Hope it continues though and I can get close to or make the GC.

What I have been trying to say. Players with an ego or think they’re good just find it hard to accept that maybe they need to work on BGs before coming onto forums and blaming matchmaking. I’ve seen some ridiculous complaints on this thread and I cannot emphatise with them at all. There’s definitely far worse matchmaking that happens and I hope the false posts don’t overshadow the ones who are genuinely affected by it

• Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,916 ★★★★★
    I'm 17-3 in my past 20 to clear Silver and Gold. Still not excited to play because the VT is just a slog.

This. My intention wasn't to call anyone out. It was to point out that Matchmaking is only one part of the equation.
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    edited February 2023

This. My intention wasn't to call anyone out. It was to point out that Matchmaking is only one part of the equation.
    Or we can look at a bigger part of it. Of course stronger rosters will have easier time advancing a little later in the season as many of the nonstop end game best of the best players we have to face every single match starting in bronze 3 finally clawed their way up the ranks.

This leaves less of the best of the best in the lower tiers later in the season making it easier for stronger rosters to advance.

It took me over 2 1/2 weeks just to get to silver 1 this season (compared to being in GC in first week in previous seasons). I did admittingly go way slower this season as it was just annoying how matchmaking is and the win one, lose one, win two, lose two was just ughhhhhhh.

Well in the past week (after taking over 2 1/2 weeks to get to only silver 1), I've been winning an extremely high percentage of my matches last 7 or so days and now in diamond 1 a couple wins from GC.

Am I going to sit here and say I magically played so much better this past week then first 2-3 weeks of the season or will I tell the truth which is that it's far easier to win multiple consecutive matches (which is needed to advance tiers) when you are no longer facing the best players in the game every single match (although still plenty of very high caliber players and rosters stuck lower in victory track).

Say what you want, but this absolutely has to do with matchmaking.
  • MusikmenMusikmen Posts: 63
    After a day of reasonable matches, today is once again another story of a complete matchmaking mess - I still don't understand why I'm matched with individuals who are two shields in when I have none? Rosters are also not comparable - it's just tiring to waste time
  • ChatterofforumsChatterofforums Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Musikmen said:

After a day of reasonable matches, today is once again another story of a complete matchmaking mess - I still don't understand why I'm matched with individuals who are two shields in when I have none? Rosters are also not comparable - it's just tiring to waste time

You expect them to count how many shields they have within that tier?! So you only want to fight those who have won (or not won) the exact amount of wins in that exact same tier and you want rosters to be comparable to each other too?! That's a whole new level of overly high expectations!

Or we can look at a bigger part of it. Of course stronger rosters will have easier time advancing a little later in the season as many of the nonstop end game best of the best players we have to face every single match starting in bronze 3 finally clawed their way up the ranks.

This leaves less of the best of the best in the lower tiers later in the season making it easier for stronger rosters to advance.

It took me over 2 1/2 weeks just to get to silver 1 this season (compared to being in GC in first week in previous seasons). I did admittingly go way slower this season as it was just annoying how matchmaking is and the win one, lose one, win two, lose two was just ughhhhhhh.

Well in the past week (after taking over 2 1/2 weeks to get to only silver 1), I've been winning an extremely high percentage of my matches last 7 or so days and now in diamond 1 a couple wins from GC.

Am I going to sit here and say I magically played so much better this past week then first 2-3 weeks of the season or will I tell the truth which is that it's far easier to win multiple consecutive matches (which is needed to advance tiers) when you are no longer facing the best players in the game every single match (although still plenty of very high caliber players and rosters stuck lower in victory track).

Say what you want, but this absolutely has to do with matchmaking.
    You say it's the best of the best, but if it was, they would be winning Matches within their own range. That's the point. People aren't the best of the best because their Rosters would be able to flatten those much smaller than theirs. They're the best of the best because they're the best of the best. That's the part I was pointing out. It's not only Matchmaking, and we can blame it on the Matches ad nauseum, but if someone is relying on the Matches themselves and not their own skill for Wins, then they're not quite the best of the best. More the upper cusp among the best of the best.
    I lose my Matches because my Opponent outplays me. Not because the system didn't give me a Match that my Opponent has no chance of winning. Bottom line.
  • Just_grindingJust_grinding Posts: 115
    @Kabam Miike any comments? There’s a lot of comments how this “matchmaking based on prestige” actually penalizes many of your advanced players. And this discussion has only grown. Is Kabam reviewing this?