**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

BGs Killing my Drive

So not exactly sure how I want to start this post as there is so many factors to consider. The over arching theme is night after night when I finally have a stretch of time to sit and play BGs (after getting up, situating kids, going to work, coming home, dinner, kids to bed) what ends up happening is I alternate wins and losses, make no progress on victory track advancement and just feel like I wasted 30 mins to an hour of play time. Having this happen over and over it just really kills your drive, makes you feel like **** in terms of being able to improve your roster with the tokens in the store and just a frustrating state of mind in regards to BGs.

I’m paragon with a roster of R4s/R3 6*s and can’t get out of silver III atm. I loose matches for various reasons; playing poorly, bad draft, better competition ect. Having to string the 3x wins together is what is really killing things for me and wish there was a better way for progression outside of buying shields for every single match.

Idk, just my stream of thoughts about where I am at with BGs in general. Feel free to reply with good, bad, ugly ect; I’m open for a good discussion to see how other ppl are feeling with BGs.

Comments

• Options

The current BG matchmaking is completely backward and has to be changed. If they won't change the matchmaking they have to implement my proposed win multiplier system from a last week, which is basically how they do AW:

3 tokens for beating a Paragon
    2 tokens for beating a TB
    1 token for beating a UC or CAV
    All losses are -1 token

How does this seem like the best solution? What you suggested is a completely random fighting where you get tokens based on the progression level you beat. This almost makes it just roster based matchmaking and rewarding people closer to the top to climb the ladder higher. This sounds like a worst system than is already in place and progression titles shouldn’t be involved with match making or scoring.

• Options

The current BG matchmaking is completely backward and has to be changed. If they won't change the matchmaking they have to implement my proposed win multiplier system from a last week, which is basically how they do AW:

All losses are -1 token

How does this seem like the best solution? What you suggested is a completely random fighting where you get tokens based on the progression level you beat. This almost makes it just roster based matchmaking and rewarding people closer to the top to climb the ladder higher. This sounds like a worst system than is already in place and progression titles shouldn’t be involved with match making or scoring.

If we are all competing for the same GC and milestones, explain why lower accounts should NEVER have to face higher accounts…
    That’s not what I said at all. I said the system is almost progression based and progressions shouldn’t be a factor in matchmaking or ranking up. People should definitely be fighting people of different ranks, but it shouldn’t be completely random. Especially in VT, but I can see that being a GC thing where it’s just all random. But again, nowhere did I say that lower accounts shouldn’t NEVER have to face higher accounts. If you can point out where I said that then I’d be happy to see it and apologize.

All losses are -1 token

I don't think you understand what I proposed.
    You are 100% right. I don’t understand what you proposed. That’s why I quoted that section specifically and made a comment asking how it seems to be the best solution and my interpretation of what you just said. I would like to see your further explanation on it, especially if what I said was not what you were suggesting.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

I think the three comments from DNA on this page of a related thread are pretty relevant.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/328218/these-matchmaking-accounts-are-way-too-stacked-for-vt#latest

The realization that—for a significant number of accounts—BGs feels like a zero sum game is probably more pronounced with this VT meta. There doesn’t seem to be a small number of “meta champs” and, while that’s arguably opens competition up a bit, it also means at VT levels maintaining a streak of wins can be a matter of drafting, banning or just bad luck.

@Worknprogress thinking about your comment that top end accounts are doing fine—do you find yourself matched against similarly stacked accounts with most of the counters known & most decks settled apart from new champs? Apart from random draft anomalies, does each match have a fair amount of stability and/or predictability? Are you facing the *same* fights with the difference largely being small margins or is there a lot of variability for you?

I haven’t seen your champs in a while, but I will assume the roster is as well developed as it has usually been. On the way up, did you run across 16K+ accounts, or did you have some matches against lower Paragon accounts?

I’m genuinely curious. There’s a pretty broad range of account strengths and ability levels at 15.5K+, and I would expect an account like yours to largely be facing off against the pinnacle of BG accounts at this stage. Is that your experience?

Dr. Zola

The vast majority of my matches in VT across all seasons so far have been comparable accounts to mine. There have been the occasional outliers, typically when matchmaking is taking longer, but for the most part I haven't been involved in many obvious mismatches.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Comparable accounts may not be accurate (I don't ever check overall rating or prestige personally) but I probably should have said comparable decks. After 30 champs account size matters as that means you have more options to fill deck for a specific meta need but in the end what matters is deck strength and its rare I'm matched against someone I'd say doesn't have a chance just based on deck strength
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    Aleor said:

All losses are -1 token

I don't think you understand what I proposed.
    I don't think you understand how bad your proposal is. Basically it creates extra advantage for higher tier players and makes it harder for lower tier players to progress. The only thing needed is to bring back matchmaking to leaderboard they had initially and change milestones. Although I guess kbam won't do that, as it looks like they're trying to monetize bgs every bad way possibly
    Please explain how this could possibly make it harder for lower players to advance than it currently is.

Did you guy even actually read what I proposed?