**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Relics as SQ premium item? TB+

2»

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    AMS94 said:

TBH I never really liked the idea of relics
    And now treating relics like some premium item is only making me hate it even more
    These 3* & 4* relics won't be of any use a few months down the line but now they're taking up all the nice rewards spots in higher brackets
    And the lack of relic rankup material is only making the situation worse

How are they taking up reward spots? They're in objectives that are optional.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

AMS94 said:

And now treating relics like some premium item is only making me hate it even more
    These 3* & 4* relics won't be of any use a few months down the line but now they're taking up all the nice rewards spots in higher brackets

This is an unfalsifiable statement. Right now they’re giving out 75% t6b and t3a per month combined from SQ and EQ. It could just as easily be true that they’d give out a full catalyst per month absent the relic objectives.
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 976 ★★★★
    I've got a 5* storm relic on kitty, nice to have but nothing special. Haven't even put a single level on the relic, it takes way too many embers to level up (they aren't very common either, unless you are spending on relic crystals that is).
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

AMS94 said:

This is an unfalsifiable statement. Right now they’re giving out 75% t6b and t3a per month combined from SQ and EQ. It could just as easily be true that they’d give out a full catalyst per month absent the relic objectives.
    With that logic, they could also give us 12 7* nexus crystals instead of relics.

All the regular rewards are in the SQ. The objectives are extra for the relics stuff. Are you saying that those who like relics should be forgotten because you don't like them?

I'm not a fan of relics at the moment. But I know I'm not losing anything if I don't do the objectives.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

How are you all feeling about that?
    Me personally , I want to do the quest just for the difficulty, but am not really interested in the relics.

Is this me being ignorant on how they function or how important they are? Or does this feel like a push to make us feel it’s better than the value it is.

Anyone using relics in an impactful way ?

The objectives are just extra rewards. If you don't want the relic stuff, don't do the objectives. All the normal quest rewards are on the paths like they always have been before objectives and relics were a normal thing.
    Hmmm. I’m not saying I don’t want them, I’m saying, why should I want them?
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

TyEdge said:

AMS94 said:

With that logic, they could also give us 12 7* nexus crystals instead of relics.

All the regular rewards are in the SQ. The objectives are extra for the relics stuff. Are you saying that those who like relics should be forgotten because you don't like them?

I'm not a fan of relics at the moment. But I know I'm not losing anything if I don't do the objectives.
    You aren’t losing anything, but the objectives are what makes the game fun and kinda gives you the satisfaction of doing something difficult for the perception the rewards were worth it.

It’s also why the 4* challenge on TB and other various challenges like carinas LOL with a 4* was a hit or miss. it didn’t feel rewarding. I want to do the objectives, I still do, I just don’t appreciate the rewards.
  • Options
    Texas_11 said:

TyEdge said:

AMS94 said:

You aren’t losing anything, but the objectives are what makes the game fun and kinda gives you the satisfaction of doing something difficult for the perception the rewards were worth it.

It’s also why the 4* challenge on TB and other various challenges like carinas LOL with a 4* was a hit or miss. it didn’t feel rewarding. I want to do the objectives, I still do, I just don’t appreciate the rewards.
    SQs before had the majority of the rewards put into objectives, like the R4 mats. They've moved those into the SQ itself and not the relic rewards are extra.
  • Options
    Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,160 ★★★★
    Only good is to chain combos imo. They offer nothing more
  • Options
    HuskerCoolHuskerCool Posts: 35

I like the idea of Relics but don’t like Strikers. I would prefer Marvel lore objects ( like norn stones, infinity stones, X-genes, super soldier serum ect) that enhance class stats and attributes. But I don’t like the look or feel of strikers.

I agree with this 100%. I’d also like to see synergy relics.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

AMS94 said:

Those come from doing the sq and eq normally and not doing objectives. Objectives used to not even be a thing period. Relic stuff is extra.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,742 ★★★★★
    Relics CAN be useful, but as of now:

- stats are low
    - rankups are expensive
    - upgrade material accessibility is low

So, I don't think putting 1/10 5* relic compares to 5* AG in threat lvl.4 yet.

I don't mind relics alongside other rewards, so this month is fine, but the objective would be 100x better if it gave even such small thing as 1 cav over the 4 weeks.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★
    Feeney234 said:

Only good is to chain combos imo. They offer nothing more

They're not amazing, but you can get more out of some of them. It depends on the relic, and the champion.

I have a 4* Thor relic on my Angela, which means she always has a permanent extra buff. That enhances her Sig ability, adds an extra Armour Break to every Special attack, and enhances her SP3.

I have a 4* Ant Man relic on Yellowjacket that Taunts the opponent every time the get a Power Sting. It doesn't say how much more likely they are to their a Special, but it certainly seems to make baiting specials a bit easier, which was always an issue with YJ.

And I find any Mystic relic useful for Doom, as it means you can chain a really long combo, give the opponent a load of power and complete the Doom cycle.