**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW changes are horrible! Kabam should look into this!

You guys are removing defence placement phase altogether there by making attack phase span over 2 days while defence placement will be automated.
This is good for 3BGs AW.
But what about the alliance like us going for 2BGs where 10 players participate for minimum 5AW to be eligible for season rewards while remaining 20 participate continuosly.
The current defence placement allows us to shift the sporadic 5AW participation easily.
But now the proposed AW changes will make it impossible!

Comments

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Nocko said:

I think the one takeaway from me on this is this... you have to get rid of the champ lock out system if you're doing this.
    It really shouldnt actually be a thing anyway imo... but having champs in AQ and AW shouldnt impact other game modes...i can accept on some level that champs cant be doubled up in Alliance based events... i dont like it but ill accept it... but if you're doing two day attack phases the lockouts for solo content have gotta go. The only reason the extend the timing to 2 days is to ease the burden on players to clear content quickly... but if you dont remove the lock out, the burden is still somewhat existing imo.

It's a no brainer imo

The lockout is being removed for defenders. Already been confirmed by CCP members
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    Why keep attack phase for 2 days though. I'm not saying about defence phase. Maybe defence phase will work out alright, we will see how it goes, but please keep attack phase 24 hours only. It's already difficult to get bunch of guys to play together so that the BG can advance together, now with 48 hours everyone will have a reason to show later and later.
  • Options

The lockout is being removed for defenders. Already been confirmed by CCP members

Is that defender Lockout only being removed for using them in SOLO content ?
    What about cases where someone wants to use one of their AW Defenders for AQ attack (on days when AW Attack used to only be 1 day, so on days when AW Attack used to NOT be going on). Now there is 2 days worth they will not be able to do that.

Or (probably more common, but no mention of a change), how about a more typical case where AW Attacker is also used on AQ Attack during off-days from AW attack. Or just depending on what AW defense looks like, if they need that champ there or not.
    Now, that champs that you use regularly between AQ and AW Attack interchangeably based on need between AQ and AW, will now be stuck in AW for an extra day.

*And even if it may not take the entire 2nd day in AW before your boss kill, it may at least take long enough into that next AQ day that you don’t have them available for too many hours, so would end up having to take someone else because you want to get rolling earlier in that next AQ.
  • Options

Is that defender Lockout only being removed for using them in SOLO content ?
    What about cases where someone wants to use one of their AW Defenders for AQ attack (on days when AW Attack used to only be 1 day, so on days when AW Attack used to NOT be going on). Now there is 2 days worth they will not be able to do that.

Or (probably more common, but no mention of a change), how about a more typical case where AW Attacker is also used on AQ Attack during off-days from AW attack. Or just depending on what AW defense looks like, if they need that champ there or not.
    Now, that champs that you use regularly between AQ and AW Attack interchangeably based on need between AQ and AW, will now be stuck in AW for an extra day.

*And even if it may not take the entire 2nd day in AW before your boss kill, it may at least take long enough into that next AQ day that you don’t have them available for too many hours, so would end up having to take someone else because you want to get rolling earlier in that next AQ.
    I would assume the lockout will only pertain to solo content. Not sure why this would be a problem either. If you can do other days of AQ without someone you place on defense, you can do the rest 🤷
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Nocko said:

I think the one takeaway from me on this is this... you have to get rid of the champ lock out system if you're doing this.
    It really shouldnt actually be a thing anyway imo... but having champs in AQ and AW shouldnt impact other game modes...i can accept on some level that champs cant be doubled up in Alliance based events... i dont like it but ill accept it... but if you're doing two day attack phases the lockouts for solo content have gotta go. The only reason the extend the timing to 2 days is to ease the burden on players to clear content quickly... but if you dont remove the lock out, the burden is still somewhat existing imo.

It's a no brainer imo

Yeah but attackers will be locked for 2 days correct?...
    I dunno i know next month is a "test" but with the SQ being incursion style.. having attackers locked for 2 days seems a bit rough (if they are actually locked for 48 hs)
  • Options
    Coppin said:

Nocko said:

It's a no brainer imo

I dunno i know next month is a "test" but with the SQ being incursion style.. having attackers locked for 2 days seems a bit rough (if they are actually locked for 48 hs)
    Attackers will be locked for the amount of time they're on the map with the boss up just like always I'd assume. Unless you're joining attack right at the start of the first day and not getting the boss down until the end of the second (why would you do this?), don't see what's changed as far as attackers.

Also not sure what that has to do with the SQ as the lockout for attackers or defenders never applied to incursions to begin with
  • Options
    CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

Nocko said:

It's a no brainer imo

Attackers will be locked for the amount of time they're on the map with the boss up just like always I'd assume. Unless you're joining attack right at the start of the first day and not getting the boss down until the end of the second (why would you do this?), don't see what's changed as far as attackers.

Also not sure what that has to do with the SQ as the lockout for attackers or defenders never applied to incursions to begin with
    The new SQ will have an incursion style structure, but it doesnt stop from being SQ..
    Anyway u r right as soon as War is clear it will release so its a matter of the player and not the mode
  • Options
    DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    Vydra said:

DJMNH said:

New Designs and changes = New Bugs.

Can never please you lot. Introduces anti player features = complaints. Introduced pro player features = complaints.
    Your logical reasoning undertaking capacity is bad. It's not a complaint. Basic English written. Read again what i wrote
  • Options
    BoogalooglerBoogaloogler Posts: 97 ★★
    You're going to have twice as long to attack, but also twice as long to set up defense, because it's always there in the background. As soon as matchmaking completes and it takes the snapshot of your current defense, you can start changing it for the following war.