**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

When 7*s drop, what will be the cause of community frustration?

2»

Comments

• Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Basic pool consists of outdated, non- buffed champs
    There's no way that basic 7* champs will cost more than 10k shards, that would be absurd and definitely a cause of player anger.
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

@Demonzfyre they as in the community? Are you part of this community too? If so, I was asking you what would be something you would be “mad” about how they are introduced.

The community has already been mad about the color scheme. So much so Kabam is changing it.

I'm sure they'll be mad about how many shards 1 crystal it is if it's not 10k.

I'm sure they'll be mad about how much ISO a dupe is.

I'm sure they'll be mad there isn't a max sig crystal right away.

I'm sure they'll be mad about the champion pool.

The one thing we can always count on with this community, is it will always be mad about something.
    You’re sure the community will be mad about four specific things, each of which would show that Kabam failed to evolve its game to match the current state of play or Kabam failed to learn from past mistakes.

And your response to that is to be annoyed at the community. Remarkable.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★

I’m hoping they don’t eclipse 6*s too fast

This is my concern. And I think it’s warranted—the promise was that we would get more wear out of our 6* champs. I find it hard to believe the team will be able to resist resetting the chase again.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    TyEdge said:

@Demonzfyre they as in the community? Are you part of this community too? If so, I was asking you what would be something you would be “mad” about how they are introduced.

The community has already been mad about the color scheme. So much so Kabam is changing it.

I'm sure they'll be mad about how many shards 1 crystal it is if it's not 10k.

I'm sure they'll be mad about how much ISO a dupe is.

I'm sure they'll be mad there isn't a max sig crystal right away.

I'm sure they'll be mad about the champion pool.

The one thing we can always count on with this community, is it will always be mad about something.
    You’re sure the community will be mad about four specific things, each of which would show that Kabam failed to evolve its game to match the current state of play or Kabam failed to learn from past mistakes.

And your response to that is to be annoyed at the community. Remarkable.
    Well, these are things the community has already been mad about. 🤷 The only one that really something that can "evolve" is iso from dupes but they've already said they're working on ways to get more ISO.

But what do I know. I've only been around since the beginning and on the forums for like 6 years. Definitely not enough to how little it takes to make people mad around here or to feel slapped in the face (looking at you Cav players).
  • Options
    Saru2244Saru2244 Posts: 181
    Of course, all of these points have their justification. But for me the absolute "worst case" is when I open a 7* crystal and then there is an absolutely useless and unplayable champion in there. It's one thing that you can't buff all the champs in a short amount of time. But it's something else if you save months after opening the first crystal, knowing that it might be next year before you can open the second one and the result will be "Superior Ironman" or "Iron Fist". I realize that you can't just have absolute top champs in a crystal. But with well over 200 champs in the tournament, I would expect a balanced poll here. If I already know that some champions are currently completely out of range and I also don't have time to buff them, then I don't have to force them into 7* crystals.

• Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Basic crystal cost is more than 10,000 shards
    DrZola said:

This is my concern. And I think it’s warranted—the promise was that we would get more wear out of our 6* champs. I find it hard to believe the team will be able to resist resetting the chase again.

Dr. Zola
    Well that's supposedly what the ascension mechanic is going to do. Make our 6* last a little longer.
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    We could get a 7* champ selector... with a R1-R4 generic gem... and the community would still be frustrated.
    It's what we do. 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    H3t3r said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola
    Well that's supposedly what the ascension mechanic is going to do. Make our 6* last a little longer.
    To quote Eric Lehnsherr from X-Men 2, “is that what they say”?

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    We actually expect all of that, but I think we already made peace with the idea that 7 stars will cost more than 10k shards. Let's only hope it s something around 12.5 and not 15k.

As for their unique ability, I m very curious to see what will be, offensively, since we already seen their defensive "not throwing specials" one.

But my biggest fear is, what champions, if any, will be left behind, not having a 7* version at all in general.
  • Options
    All of the above
    Searmenis said:

We actually expect all of that, but I think we already made peace with the idea that 7 stars will cost more than 10k shards. Let's only hope it s something around 12.5 and not 15k.

As for their unique ability, I m very curious to see what will be, offensively, since we already seen their defensive "not throwing specials" one.

But my biggest fear is, what champions, if any, will be left behind, not having a 7* version at all in general.

Not everyone has accepted it is a possibly they will cost more, and they should accept it because it is a good possibility
  • Options
    SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

Searmenis said:

Not everyone has accepted it is a possibly they will cost more, and they should accept it because it is a good possibility
    Yes, at least to have this on their minds as a possibility to avoid frustration. Either way, I think the recently added 6 star dual crystals @ 12.5k, is a strong indicator.
  • Options
    GeneralMerceGeneralMerce Posts: 236 ★★
    Combination of 1/2
    how much iso and gold its gonna take to max rank 1 lol
  • Options
    TrashPanda69TrashPanda69 Posts: 31
    All of the above
    AMS94 said:

1. 7* will be the next thing to run after so it makes sense to have limited availability in early days.....less shards in newer content is expected.

2. 7* R2 > 6* R5 so it will make sense for it to require more rankup resources.

3. I doubt people will complain about the new mechanic unless it's very annoying on defense.

4. Basic pool consisting bad champs is also somewhat expected but it will definitely leave people salty. IMO the base pool should have an optimum mix of top tier, mid tier & meme tier champs....May be a 2:4:4 ratio would be appropriate

5. There is no reason for 7* to cost more than 10000 shards. If it happens then it'll just be an arbitrary inflation & it will be justified for players to get mad about it.

I agree with all this
  • Options
    TrashPanda69TrashPanda69 Posts: 31
    edited March 2023
    All of the above
    Just wanted to ask about this poll so kabam might see it & we could preemptively come to terms about what would cause problems prior to their release so we could nip it in the bud & not even go there. Too many times it’s right afterwards when the issue is realized, & @Kabam Miike or Jax have to talk to the dev team about how to calm people down & make it right. With the whole 7* introduction being a big deal, it’d be nice if we could just avoid all of that this one time. We know they gotta make money, & lots of people will give it to em, but we gotta have fun with it as well & not feel like we’re being hustled
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    All of the above
    If it's a day ending in Y, there'll be somebody angry about something.

That's not to be dismissive of anyone else or their opinion, but we've seen time and time again that for one person getting everything they wanted out of the game, someone else would feel like they got the short end of the stick.