**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Timeouts in BGs should give ZERO points for remaining health

2»

Comments

• GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

My solution: Deduct points from total for every second paused.

That’s already happening, you lose points from the time bonus.
    Unless if you mean losing extra points other than these 🤔
  • RasenDouglasRasenDouglas Posts: 10

And I say that because I don't think that pausing the game is cheating, but it is truly annoying to realize that you lost a match because other people didn't risk losing more health than you

that's called strategy, it's part of the game. Now it's up to you to devise a strategy to combat this.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

And I say that because I don't think that pausing the game is cheating, but it is truly annoying to realize that you lost a match because other people didn't risk losing more health than you

that's called strategy, it's part of the game. Now it's up to you to devise a strategy to combat this.
    Yeah well stealing money instead of working could be consideres strategy, its not right...
  • RasenDouglasRasenDouglas Posts: 10
    Coppin said:

Yeah well stealing money instead of working could be consideres strategy, its not right...
    if it's in the game it's for use.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★

Coppin said:

if it's in the game it's for use.
    Yeah yeah u probably filled your roster with 1* and 2* before the fix too..
  • AndremlopesAndremlopes Posts: 85

No galan could work. Harvest then sp2 for 9 incinerates. It does actually deal a decent chunk to those defenders and somehow I knew you all would come at me for having a reasonable argument.

lmao this guy. Are you still in VT?
    No I'm in glad circuit but I didn't do many matches of this meta so I don't lose points. And my b on the galan I forgot about polka dot power.
    But regardless why is it so hard to score more than 15k points? Even without a good counter just doing basic hits you'll do more than a quarter of their health
    Dude... just play the meta... there is a lot of mods... last few days you are gonna drop a lot anyways

Ohhhhh and could you please use all the champions that you told us to use?

Then, do us a favor, come back here tell us your experience in details, and apologize for being arrogant
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,240 ★★★★★

If they're pausing for the purpose of defaulting the Match, that's cheating to me.
    The problem is, you can't distinguish that intent through any mechanic of the game.
    I suggested a penalty of sorts, for every increment of time, you lose Points.
    That would still allow forgivance for real life issues, while making it less advantageous to do it.
  • InsaneSkullInsaneSkull Posts: 314 ★★
    New season same story. Pausing gives the advantage then game node design fault not pausing feature. Pausing is in existence from the beginning not the node.
  • NastyPhishNastyPhish Posts: 583 ★★★
    Just remove pause. We have it in story. But story isn’t a competitive mode. When you sign up for a competitive mode. You agree to battle another person in real time. Just like in CoD or Fortnite, other games with real time battle. If something comes up, you take the L. That’s just how it should work.

That being said, pause is really only used by people to manipulate scoring.

Furthermore, we have to figure something out about Nick Furies second life. The scoring isn’t fair. And is frequently abused. He also is plenty good on attack and defense to justify this scoring fix and not ruin his value in the mode.

Wdym? Nothings wrong with nick fury it's just a champ mechanic being utilized

I’d argue it’s abusing a scoring mechanic. Especially when it comes to someone doing something like the Nick fury “first life” play. Where you get them to 1% instead of actually killing him.

Purposely dying to go back to 100% is a bit harder to time. And is a risky play. That being said it’s not fair, and abuses the scoring system. In my opinion.

They should have considered this when they made the game mode. And it’s pretty easy to work out.

Something like, if NF second life is triggered when the match ends. Health stays the same if lower than 30% or drops to 30% if above.

Not hard
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Wdym? Nothings wrong with nick fury it's just a champ mechanic being utilized

I’d argue it’s abusing a scoring mechanic. Especially when it comes to someone doing something like the Nick fury “first life” play. Where you get them to 1% instead of actually killing him.

Purposely dying to go back to 100% is a bit harder to time. And is a risky play. That being said it’s not fair, and abuses the scoring system. In my opinion.

They should have considered this when they made the game mode. And it’s pretty easy to work out.

Something like, if NF second life is triggered when the match ends. Health stays the same if lower than 30% or drops to 30% if above.

Not hard
    Nick Fury doesn't have "2" life's. Once nick reaches 1 health, he just has a massive regeneration. You're telling someone who is doing something to stop a champ from healing to just let them heal and lose points.

If that's the case all immortality champs should be changed because i got them down to 1 health anyway. Pheonix would also be changed because she has a similar mechanism.

So my diablo should not be able to heal since healing champs abuses a scoring system
    edited March 2023
    No actually nicks first life is a decoy, hence the sig name. The real Nick is the one that has a fury, that is degening. He receives a regen at the mechanism to get him to full health before this. (in fact it doesn’t say a thing about him regening in his kit)

I understand your point. That his health goes back up. But this isn’t a mechanic that meant to function as an actual heal, evident in the way your health drops after you trigger second life and you don’t go back to your first life if you complete the fight. So comparing NF to someone with heals in their kit a pretty big stretch of logic.

To my actual point. All I want them to do is remove a frequently abused score cheese.

Dont get me wrong, I have an r4 NF. I love Nick. I don’t want him nerfed. But after you see a couple for sure loses turn into wins with this score cheese method. It sours the whole thing.

I want the game mode to become competitive, like actually competitive. And In order for that to happen we have to remove cheesy scoring options.

And I hear all you QQr’s already, but heals. But heals.

Everyone with heals has them balanced into their kit. Most often, they deal less damage than other people without heals. Meaning they would lose in a time battle, but win the hp battle. Giving them a fighting chance

So to clarify, this a person with a NF, perfectly capable of pulling off this score cheese myself, and I want it removed.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,240 ★★★★★
    Where would we stop? That's a Pandora's Box. Herc is cheating because he has Immortality? Gwen is cheating because you can't kill her with a Special? It's a pretty broad scope.

Where would we stop? That's a Pandora's Box. Herc is cheating because he has Immortality? Gwen is cheating because you can't kill her with a Special? It's a pretty broad scope.

I think everyone with immortality is already punished enough by the fact they will have one point for remaining HP.

Like I said, I just think we should remove unintended scoring interactions.

I guess this would be resolved by them saying this scoring method is intended.
  • Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,138 ★★★★
    What about King Groot or Black Widow CV, they can regen from almost nothing to a full health. What should we do about them. Their regen is excessive compare to every other champ. Picking on only Nick is wrong. With Nick you have to time it correctly to make sure you have full health, you get one shot. With King Groot or BWCV you can regen back to full health anytime and many times. Isn't that worst since you can constantly be at full health after a BG match most of the time. Seems like they are worst then Nick.